PDA

View Full Version : High rev in 4th and 5th (200x)

Scorpion200x
03-07-2018, 09:53 PM
So last night a friend of mine came over and was helping me wrench on the 200x a little bit. He set the throttle needle to middle position however today when I rode it, it high revs in 4th and 5th gear. If you shift into 4th and hold the throttle halfway it's okay but when you crack the throttle it just goes high and doesn't really take off like it should, if you shift into 5th it does the same thing. Is it getting to much gas when I crack the throttle in these gears. Could him adjusting the needle have caused this issue?

fabiodriven
03-07-2018, 10:19 PM
No, your clutch is slipping. First step is lube and adjust the cable. If it still slips, ensure you have the correct kind of oil in the engine. It must be ATV or motorcycle oil, car engine oil will cause the clutch to fail. If all else fails, time to replace the clutch.

shortline10
03-07-2018, 10:20 PM
Are you sure it’s not just your clutch slipping ?

Scorpion200x
03-07-2018, 11:25 PM
No, your clutch is slipping. First step is lube and adjust the cable. If it still slips, ensure you have the correct kind of oil in the engine. It must be ATV or motorcycle oil, car engine oil will cause the clutch to fail. If all else fails, time to replace the clutch.

Well I think you nailed it....I put oil in it but it wasn't motorcycle oil, it was all I could get at the time... Well off to Walmart I go then to get the proper oil...I'll let you guys know tomorrow when I am able to test it..

Are you sure it’s not just your clutch slipping ?

From what fabiodriven said I'm thinking now it is, I'll let you guys know tomorrow, thanks for both your help.

Scorpion200x
03-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Well guys, it was the oil. Runs fine now and doesn't slip anymore, thanks a lot guys....Love this forum.

yaegerb
03-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Well guys, it was the oil. Runs fine now and doesn't slip anymore, thanks a lot guys....Love this forum.

I highly advise obtaining a manual from Oscar Mayer online.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

Scorpion200x
03-08-2018, 08:33 PM
I highly advise obtaining a manual from Oscar Mayer online.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

Already have the manual it was the first thing I looked for when I bought the trike.