PDA

View Full Version : Question about exhaust on 1983 185s

Jkoht
03-14-2018, 12:16 PM
So I've owned this machine for 3 years now, 3rd owner, and probably the only one to do more than change the oil on it. For instance it still had original tires on it when I bought it. I'm of the mindset that if I own a machine I want it to be running it's best. To that end I've put a lot of new parts on this bike already and am still looking for what can be done to ensure proper usage in the future. One thing I've always been curious about, but have never really found a good answer is the exhaust tail pipe. Mine appears to have something missing at the very end. There is some piece of metal and a screw visible in the opening. Was there some sort of elbow down pipe or another form of spark arrestor? My bike isn't loud or throwing out flames or backfires, but if there is another piece I would like to install it. Any help would be appreciated.

shortline10
03-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Probably missing the spark arrester .

86125m
03-15-2018, 10:35 AM
yea most of the spark arrestors go missing or rot out way before the rest of the exhaust pipe does.

Jkoht
03-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Anyone know of a replacement, or the diameter of the pipe so I can look at fabricating one?