PDA

View Full Version : Triple clamps for inverted forks

codeman003
03-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know who makes triple clamps for inverted forks? I have tried to reach out to Jason Hall numerous times with no luck. I have a set of 85 front forks that are already custom built for my weight. I know there is a guy on here that makes them centered around the crf 450 forks, but I don’t want to fool with finding the forks, shortening them, etc. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn Powell
03-25-2018, 12:17 AM
Jason is a busy man and from what I hear he does that on the side. If you can reach him your probably about a year away. Best bet is to contact him on BookFace. There’s another guy from Canada also doing them on Facebook. Also look at the threads on Honda VTX triple clamps.
Also just to toss it out there have you ever read into the race tech cartridge valve emulators ? That’s what I Have on my 350x. Springs and valances from race tech. There great and a lot cheaper and easier than doing inverts. Just some food for thought. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

codeman003
03-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Yea I have read about those. I am probably going to go that route for right now. I just hate to do that with having the KTM forks already and spending the money to have cannon racecraft build me custom springs for my weight. Do you have the rear shock emulator as well? Are they that hard to install? I appreciate your feedback. I am in the middle of this build and want to do it right. Just installed a gusset kit on the frame and then it is off to powder coat. As soon as I have it put back to a roller, I am going to post some pictures. Should turnout to be a pretty nasty 350x.

Shawn Powell
03-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Yea I have read about those. I am probably going to go that route for right now. I just hate to do that with having the KTM forks already and spending the money to have cannon racecraft build me custom springs for my weight. Do you have the rear shock emulator as well? Are they that hard to install? I appreciate your feedback. I am in the middle of this build and want to do it right. Just installed a gusset kit on the frame and then it is off to powder coat. As soon as I have it put back to a roller, I am going to post some pictures. Should turnout to be a pretty nasty 350x.

The rear shock doesn’t take an emulator , they do offer a high flow gold valve. And of course you need there spring. And yes I have both. Makes a big difference. Talk to Louie when you call them. He’s the guy who originally set up the 350x mx racer for the atv magazine years ago. I’ve ridden bikes with inverts. Honestly it’s unbalanced on a 350x because of the lack of the prolink in the rear. I have a plus 2 swinger and the racetech setup front and rear. Rides great. The front is easy to do yourself. The rear shock valve was a bit tricky. I’ve never done one and I’ve never done one before. I ended up making a simple mistake and had them redo it. They showed me whet I did wrong so now I know. Whatever they charged me to do it (about 100$ maybe a little more ) was worth it. But I also live 2 miles from them so shipping isn’t an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NeverLift
03-26-2018, 10:06 AM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member.php/4174-Louis-Mielke Contact Louis. His inverts are top notch.

codeman003
03-27-2018, 10:16 PM
I have contacted Louis about the triple clamps and he builds his around CRF 450 forks. You have to shorten the forks and that scares me a little bit. I already have the KTM forks and have springs already built. He said he would build me a set for my forks, but they are not cheap.

codeman003
03-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Did you change out the fork springs? If so, did you replace them with stock ones or have some built for your weight/riding?

kevin
03-28-2018, 08:36 AM
Where did you get springs for your ktm forks done

codeman003
03-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Cannon Racecraft:

http://www.cannonracecraft.com