PDA

View Full Version : Last Day for Ice Fishing

coolpool
04-02-2018, 09:48 AM
Me and a friend went out on Saturday to get in a few hours of fishing on the last day of the season. The weather was cold and windy with ground drifting snow that tended to cover everything in sight. You sure appreciate the tent and heater on days like this. We never lost a fish all day landing four fat Burbot (Ling Cod) with one taping out to 32" and three Lake trout which were undersize and put back. I find it hard to imagine that the lake will be ice free on May 19th for opening day, there's a healthy 30" still with 8-12" of hard packed snow on top still. Time will tell I guess!

ironchop
04-02-2018, 01:55 PM
.... I find it hard to imagine that the lake will be ice free on May 19th for opening day, there's a healthy 30" still with 8-12" of hard packed snow on top still. Time will tell I guess!

Careful now. Reporting weather facts will get you called a "Climate Change Denier" here in the USA. Polar Bears everywhere are drowning [emoji23]. Facebook said so.

In all seriousness,
That's a nice fish haul too!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

coolpool
04-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Careful now. Reporting weather facts will get you called a "Climate Change Denier" here in the USA. Polar Bears everywhere are drowning [emoji23]. Facebook said so.

In all seriousness,
That's a nice fish haul too!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

No polar bears sighted Doug, but you can hear the screams from snow snakes and ice worms! That's the squeaking sound you hear when the sled travels over dry snow ;-)