PDA

View Full Version : ATC 200S Rear Drum to Disc Conversion?

Cow Pie
04-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Hello All
Probably has been done and talked about before but I can't seem to find any information on the subject. I'm a first time trike owner and I have fallen head over heels in love with my dirty little '85 ATC 200S. She's all torn down to her most basic constituents and ready for the full salon treatment. What a cool little machine! After some Herculean struggles with getting the rear drum off of the axle (and motor mount bolt, and rear brake pedal, and front axle, and, and...) I surmized there has to be a clever soul around here who came up with a way to adapt a cleaner and more efficient rear disc on these old hardtails. I want to restore it but I also want to ride it and disc is the way to go, kinda restomod! Any ideas? As always, thanks in advance for the input!

Cheers!

ironchop
04-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Here. Read the whole thread for some great great hard tail racer build but about post #17 or #19 on down is some good info on a 200S rear disc brake conversion.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?t=184952

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Cow Pie
04-05-2018, 07:01 PM
That's perfect! Going to try it. Cap Weezy has been rounding up parts for me... I'll have to have him scratch the rear drum methinks!