PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Rifle on BigRed

cainesy
04-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Any ideas on mounting a rifle on a trike, homemade ideas are preferred. Can't use the handlebars method, just too wide for the paths up here. I'm thinking something mounted on the right side to hold a hard case. Any and all ideas welcome. I tried the search function, nothing popped up btw.

fabiodriven
04-14-2018, 03:31 PM
Any ideas on mounting a rifle on a trike, homemade ideas are preferred. Can't use the handlebars method, just too wide for the paths up here. I'm thinking something mounted on the right side to hold a hard case. Any and all ideas welcome. I tried the search function, nothing popped up btw.

You want this setup? Pay for shipping and they're yours.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180414/266a3b47aa61753f6db2d1257e1c3000.jpg

Jkoht
04-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Probably easier to just buy a kolpin gun boot and bracket. I put this one on my 185s on the right of the rear rack with the case pointing down over the fender. Works great and for $80 I don't think you can get a better solution.

cainesy
04-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the offer Fab but I can't use the handlebars, the mosin is too long and the paths up here are very narrow in places. Jk, thanks for the pic, I thinks that's the route I'll be taking. On research the only drawback with the Kolpin is the amount of padding inside the case, but that can be fixed up lickety split I guess. Cheers and thanks for the replies.

ironchop
04-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the offer Fab but I can't use the handlebars, the mosin is too long and the paths up here are very narrow in places. Jk, thanks for the pic, I thinks that's the route I'll be taking. On research the only drawback with the Kolpin is the amount of padding inside the case, but that can be fixed up lickety split I guess. Cheers and thanks for the replies.Mosins ARE long.

Unless you get a Hungarian M44

Watcha got? Russian? Finnish? Round? Hex? I love me some Mosin Nagant

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Jkoht
04-16-2018, 12:03 AM
There is a pad inside the case but it's not really really thick. If you're worried about length you could run it with the back part of the case off, the rest is still held onto the frame by a pin and as long as you're not going 15mph you won't bump it out. Other option is to sporterize your mosin, or buy one already sporterized. My buddy just got one cheap that's already sporterized so the barrel and forestock are cut down and re crowned, hes just going to buy one of those ATI kits with the factory turned bolt handle and picatinny scope mount.

cainesy
04-16-2018, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. I got a line on a plonk in case and bracket for 75$, I hope it pans out. I'll never sporterize my mosins, they're suppose to be long, makes em more accurate.�� Ironchop, the answer is two round russkies and two hex Finns, one of the russkies is the parts dept, the other is my swamp donkey slayer. I'm of the mindset that two is one and one is none, get me.:)

x-rider
04-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Since we’re talking Mosins. My Romanian M44 is a beast ( little on the heavy side). I have the Rock Solid Industries scope mount and bent bolt. Nice setup. Could use a better scope though. Maybe it’s me or the ammo. It’s all over the plate. If you take off the iron sights there is a nice picatinny rail already there. Dam thing is a flamethrower though. Fun shooter. Someday I will accurize it. I have one of those cheepo muzzle breaks that I have never installed due to all the bad things I’ve heard about them flying off the barrel.

ironchop
04-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Since we’re talking Mosins. My Romanian M44 is a beast ( little on the heavy side). I have the Rock Solid Industries scope mount and bent bolt. Nice setup. Could use a better scope though. Maybe it’s me or the ammo. It’s all over the plate. If you take off the iron sights there is a nice picatinny rail already there. Dam thing is a flamethrower though. Fun shooter. Someday I will accurize it. I have one of those cheepo muzzle breaks that I have never installed due to all the bad things I’ve heard about them flying off the barrel.I had an M27 Finn early CAI import. I bought off a neighbor who thought it was a regular Mosin. Paid $75 and sold for $450.

I bought a Hungarian M44 off a co-worker sight unseen from his buddy after he said it wouldn't lock down on a chambered shell. Paid $25 for the "parts rifle" and it turned out the ammo was the problem...heavily laquered and too thick to chamber. Tried copper-washed surplus rounds and it worked fine. Cleaned the melted laquer out of the chamber real good. It's the loudest rifle I ever owned and shot a flame six feet long out of the muzzle when you fired it. Gave it to my nephew for his birthday one year.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk