PDA

View Full Version : Man's best friend thread

ironchop
05-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Post pet pics

El Camexican
05-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Meet Chispa the hormonal b*tch who thinks she’s people.

Goes into heat every three or four months, won’t let a male near her and then has a false pregnancy after which she buries her toys because she thinks they are dead puppies (won’t ever touch them again either, have to replace them) and then swells up with milk that I have to squeeze out Ben Stiller style because she’s crying and laying in one place for days.

Happens so often I can’t even get her in to the vet for an operation because they don’t want to do it while she’s in whatever state of heat or false pregnancy and I travel a lot and seem to come home at the wrong times.

She had no issues till she was about 5 years old, now she’s 12 and it’s a constant cycle. I really need to get her fixed.

Doug, background of the last photo tells me to call ahead before knocking on your door unexpectedly.

ironchop
05-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Pizza cow marker

Rob Canadian
05-06-2018, 04:30 PM

Meet Nash. Pic was just after he was groomed. 11 years old now. Age is showing as he has a hard time getting up the back porch stairs. Just finished cleaning up the recycled dogfood in my yard...

6bt
05-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Here's mine and my wife's. Koko the Akita, and Odie the pit.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/dd55be21f7006bef1657f20b9d719a0b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/6b21931f0b9f010374f8f89d1205896c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
05-06-2018, 05:59 PM
This is Fredo, Chispa's wanna be lover. He's about a smart as a bag of hammers, but he loves me like no other dog ever has. Little Chispa is the only dog he doesn't try to kill because when he was a pup she laid down the law and he still sees her as dominate even though he outweighs her by about 10 to 1 now. He probably should read the Red Pill thread.

He has a bark that makes whoever rings my door bell jump back three feet. He only know one word "sit" but he does it so obediently and looks so noble on his hinds that everyone thinks he's been professionally trained :lol:

He loves to fight, doesn't care about the size, race or sex (no wonder he never gets laid), can't let him off the chain ever when out walking, had some close calls in the park when he was younger and I "thought" I had control of him. He also wreaks havoc on my lawn, digs up plants and requires me to be on shovel duty twice a day and his eyes with their triple eyelids need drops everyday now that's he's older. I think I got him in mid 2009, so he's pretty old for a boxer. I will be very sad when he goes. I wish he could have lived on a farm, loves to run and jump.

MonroeMike
05-06-2018, 09:19 PM
My Rott watching TV with me, best dog I've ever had (number 6).

ezmoney1979
05-07-2018, 12:38 AM
Mr. Pickles hanging out in his catnip bed.252106

fabiodriven
05-07-2018, 12:39 AM
I love all animals but I've always preferred cats over dogs. I've met some great dogs, but I think cats are smarter. A cat's respect is earned, not given as readily as a dog will. I can also leave my cat for days at a time which you cannot do with a dog. She doesn't like it when I go away but she will be fine. She can tell when I'm getting ready to leave and she knows the difference between me going out for the day or me leaving for a week before I actually depart. She spends a lot of time with me while I'm awake and also sleeps with me most nights. She gets right under the blanket and lies with me like another person. She knows when I'm going to the bathroom or downstairs to do laundry or the kitchen, and she prefers to drink from the sink and makes it very clear when she wants me to turn it on. She can also tell me when she needs food, when the litter box is dirty, or when she'd like to go outside. She doesn't like when my phone or laptop is taking precedence over her need for attention, so she'll get in between myself and whatever device, then she'll "accidentally" step on the mouse or keyboard to cause mayhem on the screen. More than once she's sent my computer to places I needed help to get out of and I don't know how.

She's been with me since 2004 when myself and my girlfriend at the time adopted her. She was never crazy about the girlfriend, she always loved me. She's had other pets around but begrudgingly tolerated them, she prefers to be the only one. She gets jealous of women sometimes and doesn't spend much time out when they're around. She rides around on my shoulder regardless of what I'm doing. Dishes, laundry, cooking, pooping, whatever. She has to be in the bathroom when I shower as well.

If you don't know her and you try to pet her, you might regret it. If she approaches you, you're all set, but if you try to make that decision for her watch your fingers. If you try to make any decisions for her watch your fingers. We communicate quite well with each other. We both know what each other are saying. Dogs bark their heads off if there's an intruder. They also bark their heads off for absolutely no reason. Cats don't meow when they're alone. Cats meow to communicate, not just for shites and to bother people.

I don't have to wash her or take her to the park. I don't have to let her out every four hours or concern myself (to an extent) with her getting lonely. She's very independent yet still relies on me. She is spoiled here, she loves the wood stove and all her little habits.

Her name is Meeshka, or Mish.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/7d9dd631cfee8fa297bde8d9878758c5.jpg

https://youtu.be/HsJynJK27h0

Mosh
05-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Joobers ( aka Ginger ) is an American Bully,
Mocha is a Staffordshire Terrier (aka da tiny one..)

All items in this pic have been deemed extremely vicious by wussies..

keister
05-07-2018, 12:48 PM
My Rott watching TV with me, best dog I've ever had (number 6).

This picture struck me as very amusing. He sits like a person. I had to look twice to see if he was holding a remote.

Joseph Farrow
05-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Beau RIP My Very Best Friend.

Bella My Other Very Best Friend.

DAM shop
05-07-2018, 09:17 PM
I252124

Keisha in her chair, our blue eyed husky

86T3
05-08-2018, 01:10 AM
I tried to write this yesterday but was exhausted. This post deserves so much more than the half ass paragraph I was going to write so I decided to wait and type it out tonight. Its times like this i wish i was fabio and could narrate an incredible story. I dont have that gift so please bare with me. My dog Socrates ( Socko for short) was the absolute best dog in the history of the world. I'm not joking, although I feel sorry for people who say it about their dog. I guess I have to start at the beginning.

I was dating this chick in high school and was in love and all that BS, she was younger than me so when I went away to college we had some problems with the distance. Mainly neither of us not being able to not F#*= other people. So we bought a dog, that seemed like a good idea at the time. My brother had a pug and it was a good dog, so we decided to get one. We went to a breeder to see the last puppy from the litter, he was 14 weeks old. He was a black pug, which was different but didn't bother us. We met with the breeder for a couple minutes in the driveway, then walked to words the house. Someone opened the door and he ran out at mach 2, right to me where he rolled over and demanded I pet his belly. That was how Soco picked me.

14 weeks is very old for a puppy to be sold, and his name there was Lucky so I figure he had some sort of problem. Probably major, which was never revealed.

Soco grew to be a tall and slender pug, which is abnormal from the short fat stereotype. He was a ball of energy, absolutely loved me, but had some quirks that were becoming apparant. His ribs constantly showed ,but despite any expensive food, he didn't give care about eating. Finally, a year into owning him I discovered that if I rolled his kibble across the floor one at a time he'd think it was a game and eat it. I did this for a couple years, although his slender figure never gave way. He also cowered when people would pet him, which was outputting because they thought he was beaten. I had to explain many times that hebhad a great home, it was just something wierd that he did.

At college he was the absolute best. He had a charisma about him, people I knew my whole life that hated "toy dogs" were won over by him. Idk what it was, he was just special. One time in the boredom of college we decided to try and capture him in our living room. We set up a laundry basket, complete with a prop stick, and string tied to that stick. Loony toons style. We sat for 3 hours laughing hysterically at him pawing and howling at the ham we put under the basket. He never went in, but had a healthy fear of laundry baskets after.

Midway through college my GF and I broke up (shocker). We had a bit of a custody battle over Soco, but worked a deal out where we would both keep him part time. It was during this period that he became the greatest wing man I'd ever known. Ladies couldnt resist his charm. That dog was solely responsible for many late night cardio sessions. Sometimes he'd lay on the floor, other times he'd sit in bed and high five me. One of his 2 tricks.

Enter my wife, the best woman I've ever know. He was jealous of her at first, and when her and I would cuddle on the couch he made sure to get between us. This lasted a couple weeks before he accepted her as his. After that he protected her. He chased a 120 lb black lab showing his teeth and growling. No lie. He went after a blue heeler once too but i grabbed him so he wouldn't get killed.

If any of you have been around pugs you know they all have their own quirks. He had many. The food one was very strange for his breed. Even after we got over the hate of food, he never ate to excess. He was the kind of dog that had a full bowl at all times and would nibble when he wanted. And when I say nibble, I mean take a mouth full of food, run to me, spit it all on the floor and eat it one by one. Another odd thing was that he would watch tv with us and wait for an animal to appear. Once it did, he would fly 90 mph at the tv and try to jump in it. Any animal, it didn't matter. Horses were the worst though. How can dogs distinguish different animals? Idk. But he hated them all on tv.

When my wife and I got our house, he lived next door to real horses, cows, sheep, chickens, etc. He loved to walk over and check them out. Bucky the bull (Texas Longhorn) liked him and would lick him. The horses that he hated so much on tv? He was pretty scared of them in real life. But he always went to the fence and would sniff noses with them. He had a great time during this stage. My wife often took him for walks, one time she was by a fox den and a fox puppy came out. Soco looked up and was nose to nose with it, she said they both froze, sniffed once and the baby fox booked it back into the hole. Which reminds me of another quirk. Soco had an incredible nose, for a breed that doesn't have a nose. He had it to the ground constantly, and could track the fox that would come in our back yard.

Part of my job is being out of town for long periods of time. When I was single my parents would take care of him. He loved my mother, she was his #3 favorite. Me being number 1, my wife 2, and my sister in law 4. He was very specific. When he stayed at my parents he would walk himself downstairs at night and go to sleep in my water bed. In the late morning, when he felt like getting up, he'd walk upstairs to be let our. He could no lie hold his bladder for 15 hours, which was great for a lazy guy like me. Another quirk, he loved my dirty socks. It wasn't why we knock named him Soco, just a coincidence. One time I counted 27 dirty socks that he collected from the laundry and put on the bed. He was sleeping in the middle of them.

Now for the sad part, but what I find the most incredible part of his story as the years go by. He was in good health right up till the last year. He started to walk slower, run very little, and his eyes got cloudy. I saw it happen and knew he was fading. I had to leave for work in late March and wouldn't be home for a couple months, I was worried I wouldn't be there for him when he passed. Sometime the end of April my wife called and said he was in a sort of coma. He was snoring like he was sleeping, but wouldn't wake up. She took him to the vet, who is a family friend and she couldn t find anything wrong. He snapped out of it but we scared of everything. I finally made it home the Thursday before mothers day, 3 years ago. He cried like he always did when I got home, we sat by the fire place and all caught up. We went to bed, my wife woke up to got to work and Soco and I stayed in bed. I woke up a couple hours later and he was still snoring away, I tried to get him up but he wouldnt wake up. I took him back to the same vet and she found a large lump in his abdomen, she figured it was cancer. It was one of the first places she checks so she knew she didn't miss it the first time. I brought him home, and my sister who is a vet tech put him to sleep. It was terrible but peaceful at the same time. The friggin guy waited for me to get home. I'll never forget him and I don't want another dog because I only judge them against him. He was one of a kind.

Thanks for making this post, I enjoyed writing about Soco. I remembered a lot of things that had slipped from my memory. I hope you all get a dog like him once

I'll add some photos of the dude soon, it's not working right now

ezmoney1979
05-08-2018, 01:36 AM
Thanks for sharing your story T3. Glad you got to spend time with your best friend before he passed.

ironchop
05-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Awesome story T3!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

atctim
05-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Good dogs are something, really. Great Dogs here in this thread guys! I will play along. When I was a child, I always wanted a dog. Predate this story to October 1976. I was 9 months old, and my great Aunt gave my brother (then 5 years old) and myself kittens for Halloween. Mine was all black and named Spooky. As I grew up (ages 7 - ?) I always wanted a dog. My parents said I couldn't have a dog until my cat passed away. That old cat lived until I was 17 years old. She was a good cat, but an outdoor cat who had plenty of stories. Fast forward to 2008 - I finally got my first dog at age 33. She is a nearly full blooded Beagle. A local breeder had an accident, and so she was 15/16 Beagle and 1/16 Springer Spaniel. She was free because she was not full blooded. I picked her from the litter as she was the runt. From then she has been my little buddy. She has some quirks as well. Her greatest quirk is she can not be left alone without me, unless at home. Once she was left at my brother's house while we went out for a few beers. When we got home, she had the carpet in front of the door all ripped up to the point you couldn't open the door to get in. And then one time, I was out of town so my GF said she could watch her at her house. They left her alone, where she proceeded to jump out a 2nd story window after chewing threw the screen. She has been destructive a few other times in her life, but her biggest asset is her sweetness. She is the kindest, most cuddly dog I have ever met. She is most content sitting on my lap chilling. She is Daisy! Her breeder is now doing time in the clink for selling meth rather than just dogs. She is the best to me. She is fast approaching 10 and starting to show signs of slowing down - but that makes lap time even better for her.

hublake
05-09-2018, 07:00 AM
My first dogs were beagles. That was when I was in my early teens and I used them when I hunted rabbits. Best rabbit dogs there were. They were also the best pets. The one use to sleep in my bed under the covers at my feet all night. My mother was not real happy about that. That was 60 years ago.

atctim
05-09-2018, 09:21 AM
My first dogs were beagles. That was when I was in my early teens and I used them when I hunted rabbits. Best rabbit dogs there were. They were also the best pets. The one use to sleep in my bed under the covers at my feet all night. My mother was not real happy about that. That was 60 years ago.

Daisy is always under the covers regardless of temperature. Every night she jumps up in bed and scoots her nose to get under the covers. Must be a beagle thing.

Cow Pie
05-09-2018, 03:03 PM
You guys are the best! One of the checks on my list that if you are a person of character is your love for pets. My hairy kids have that place in my heart. Anna was the biggest lap dog that I ever had. She could not get close enough to me. If I was under a car fixing something she would belly crawl just to be beside me. My lab taught her to be a better bird dog than he was. Some of my best hunting memories are of her with a big ol' grouse that I had dropped in her chops wagging her tail and walking up to me saying, "here you go dad!" I had to let her go when she was only 8, Danes are only here for such a short time but they make the most of it. She loved to sit and listen to the grandkids as well. Writing this is choking me up... gosh I miss her. My best buddy is still with me but he is close to going home. I'm going to have to make the toughest call we all eventually need to do. He is almost 13 and that is old for Labs. He got me through some very rough and dark times that no human could do. I love them so much. Like all of you, these words can't express the love and admiration. Thanks for the thread IronChop, you're awesome!

Shep1970
05-09-2018, 03:55 PM
This is razz, a 12yr old cat we picked her up at a farm in western ma. Likes to bring home lots of critters including small snakes. She’s getting some sun today... but look out if her pupils? Turn large and black, she’s ready to attack and has left some battle wounds on all of us, but we wouldn’t know what to do without her.
252161 252162 252163

Shep

fabiodriven
05-11-2018, 11:39 AM
I was laying in bed this morning when I was awoken by the sound of a bug's wings buzzing on the inside of my window but under the blind. I closed my eyes and figured it would go away, but it didn't. Every time I'd drift off to sleep it would inherently buzz again, so I opened an eye to see what we were dealing with. A honnet, great. A big one too. I have no idea how it even got in the house. If I have to wake up to handle this thing it's going to be tricky to get back to sleep and I was trying to avoid that.

Mish came over and squeezed under the covers, and it didn't take her long to pick up on the buzzing. Immediately she got up and went to the window. Inside of 30 seconds there was a bit of a bustle while she quietly wrastled the honnet to submission, then by her trot as she left the bedroom I could tell she had the offender in custody. I haven't seen or heard from that honnet since. I don't know if she ate it or what, but what a great job she did.

poolieZerUK
05-21-2018, 03:45 PM
/252509

This is Banjo and Noodles.

The picture montage is down to the missus I asked her to email me a pic of the dogs and this is what I got :lol: but captures some of what boxers are about.

Banjo the Red dog and sadly had to be destroyed a couple of months ago due to suffering from a brain tumour, he was only 21 months old and we were all upset.

Noodles is 11 months old now, but too soon to replace Banjo just yet.

We've had boxers going on for 22 yeas now and couldn't be without at least one boxer in our lives.

brandonlowe2
05-21-2018, 04:12 PM
This is Presley.... he is going on around 10 years now...

DAM shop
05-22-2018, 02:21 PM
I worked at a local university years back. There was a neighbor next to one of the dorms that had a pure bread female german shepard dog. I remeber it was extremley cold that year sub zero temps for weeks on end. This poor dog was outside in those temps daily on a 10' chain, no shelter and water that would freeze and the dog had to hit with her nose to break the ice to get a drink. The owner would toss out a handful of white bread for food. The dog was very under weight. It didn't take long for me and a buddy to call the humane society, they must have come out and told the lady the dog needs a shelter. Well a shelter did go up it looked like 1 full sheet of plywood cut 3 sides and a roof, the dog wouldn't even go into it. we called again and again each time the humane society coming out making this lady do a little more each time. After the third call I told my buddy " if you took that dog I would bring it home to the farm" well that morning (we worked third shift) my buddy say's "I need to show you something in back of your truck" I opened the topper door and there was this dog, tail wagging and very friendly. Well what else could I do but bring her home. We named her Bandit, we fed her, we gave her a place to stay. After a trip to our vet and a month later she had gained all of her natural weight back, she was around 3 years old at the time and was 110 pounds, very big for a female.
As the story goes this was one of most loyal dogs we ever owned, very trainable and loyal to my family. As i said we lived on a farm, we had one neighbor (a retired cop) he had chickens, geese, two dogs, a cow and a horse. Being that we recued Bandit from an abusive home I didn't have it in me to keep her chained up, she had the run of 80 acres, she always came when called. Bandit started to take a liking to that neighbors chickens 5-6 I suppose it was, each time I would say that cop is gonna shoot you. I knew it was only a matter of time before that cop came pounding on my door or took it upon him self to protect his flock. He never did, not one word to me, Heck in 13 years I don't thing he even spoke one word to me. One day I came home, white feathers littered our yard, blood all over the face of bandit, I knew this was it, I could not allow this to go on. So I asked around and found a guy Ronnie that owned a local concrete company and had always had shepards and the last he had just passed away. Ronnie came to visit fell in love with Bandit and took her back to his 8' gated in warehouse. That lasted all of one day, Bandit had climbed on top of a truck ( she always had a thing for this) and jumped over that 8' fence, someone found her seen my vet tag on her bought her back to the farm and chained her up, hahaha. I called Ronnie he expalined to me what had happened and was on his way back out to pick her up.
I would pay Bandit visits daily then weekly and monthly. The last time I went to visit she was gone, Ronnie expalined to me that off all the shepards he has owned that this by far was the best. His grandchildren loved that dog so much that Ronnie ended up bringing her home, giving her all the comforts of indoor and outdoor living with plenty of love. Bandit has since passed away of old age, but I miss her, I loved her. I watched this dog catch birds, jump rows of beans, catch and swallow mice whole, catch and bury and move and bury again possum, coons and snakes.

R.I.P Bandit

MonroeMike
05-23-2018, 09:56 PM
Sadly, ten days after I posted the pic of my Rott, I had to put her to sleep (bone cancer).

I have adopted another rescue, 1/2 Rott 1/2 Lab, nine months old, she seems to like it here with me.

ironchop
05-23-2018, 10:07 PM
Sadly, ten days after I posted the pic of my Rott, I had to put her to sleep (bone cancer).

Sorry for your loss, Mike

phreakboy
06-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Our two St Bernards.

ironchop
06-21-2018, 08:16 PM
Our two St Bernards.
253062Haha...you can tell they're well-behaved dogs because they could just step over that kiddie gate if they wanted to

phreakboy
06-21-2018, 08:35 PM
Haha...you can tell they're well-behaved dogs because they could just step over that kiddie gate if they wanted to

Lol yes they are very well behaved, but they definitely can be a handful.

bobtdms
06-21-2018, 08:37 PM
My furry children, Isis and Odin. They also make for a good home security system.

JacobMonster
07-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Mini-Pin stray from my old rental in town.
He's about a year old. Don't know exactly how old he is, but he turns a year older on my birthday, so going on 2. Little guy has so much energy it ain't funny. He will go where ever I go. Rides in the truck with me every where. And if he is out of the truck and hears it, he will take off like a bullet to get in. I can't find them, but he will ride with me on the tractors and the backhoe we have. I can't take him fishing because he likes to play in the water to much. He's a porker too. 20LBS, but he isn't really fat, just big boned lol. His name is Buddy, because that is what he is, my Buddy.

3Z with Fangs!
09-24-2018, 08:41 PM
254721 my girl Babe that I lost earlier this year.254722 and Athena, my new PITA, Bless her heart, it's hard to go from the near perfect Pit to a pup that needs her ass kicked daily lol.
No idea why pics are twisted, If a mod can fix it thanks.

thornton
09-26-2018, 06:34 AM
these r my babies i picked these beauties up about 5 years ago in lima ohio it was a long day i had total of a 15hour ride to get them but it was well worth it. there names r trixie and shiloh

ironchop
09-26-2018, 09:38 AM
these r my babies i picked these beauties up about 5 years ago in lima ohio it was a long day i had total of a 15hour ride to get them but it was well worth it. there names r trixie and shiloh

Love me a Chow Chow. One of the best breeds we've ever owned. I never see them for sale anymore. VERY hard to find around here.

thornton
09-27-2018, 04:36 PM
ya ive always had chows love them! i got my first chow when i was 19 had her 18 years. there is a breeder in lima ohio called hallidays

ATCKevin
10-02-2018, 08:22 PM
ironchop, I'm goin to Lima this weekend, want me to get a puppy for ya? :lol:

6bt
10-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Here's my 2, Koko the Akita, and Odie the pitbull.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181003/9456d0593e3cfa2653df0e7af9910435.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181003/d6730ef3e8e8e1765686d5ebb082a5be.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ironchop
10-02-2018, 09:41 PM
ironchop, I'm goin to Lima this weekend, want me to get a puppy for ya? [emoji38]Oh man that's tempting but I'm running out of room. I just talked my wife into putting a deposit on another Dogue de Bordeaux last week so we can breed them. Thanks for thinking of me though

Rob Canadian
03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
I posted up on this thread (post#4) I got a bit of a scare last night when I got home... Nash was not himself. No wagging tail as I got home. Just layed on the floor.

I gave him a treat and it almost seemed like he could not see it. Kinda like he was blind. Also he would flinch if you would try and pet him. Like he was a beaten dog.

After a bit he got up and was walking weird... I thought he had a stroke or something. It was a bad night for me. I carried him outside to go to the washroom just before bed. Nash seemed a bit better. He drank some water.

This morning he was still not Nash.

When I got home tonight after work. He took a 180!!!! He is back to NASH!!!!!!! Eyes are good. Wagging tail!!! Barking!!!

badasskfx
03-19-2019, 06:45 AM
Have Nash checked for Lyme diseas. It’s a simple accurate test.

Here’s a pic of my black bean

Rob Canadian
05-27-2019, 04:10 PM
Nash was getting old 12+. The last week he has not eating nor drink much water. Hips were giving him a issue. Got to the point where I had to get him up. He was not going up or down the stairs out back to go to the washroom without help. Today he fell. My son was home and called me at work. Rushed home...

It was time to put him down. Contacted the EX wife and went to the vets. It was nice that my EX and my twins boys could make it on such short notice.

RIP Nash. We were with you at the end. Pic was from a couple years ago at the cottage.

plastikosmd
05-27-2019, 10:03 PM
So sorry about your loss

El Camexican
05-27-2019, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear this Rob.

86T3
05-28-2019, 02:14 AM
I'm very sorry.

czac
05-29-2019, 07:58 AM
Missing my Girl Snowy, Had to put her to sleep a few weeks ago, 16 years old...she was totally healthy except her Back legs finally went. She had been getting worse and worse over the last few years and we tried everything the Vet could think of to keep her out of pain and going longer. but they just got to the stage where they just all but stopped working. She would struggle to stand and then walk a few feet and fall down. She wasnt happy and thats no way for an animal, dog or Person, to be. Especially her, she loved to run and jump over things, if I wasnt so lazy, she would have been a great "Agility" dog.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-MrJRtBn/0/c0153624/M/i-MrJRtBn-L.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Snow-The-Dog/i-3Lh8mrD/0/4cdb3387/L/snow%20run%201-M.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Snow-The-Dog/i-mVPtT8v/0/c341245f/M/snow%20storm3_filtered-M.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Snow-The-Dog/i-Xtkc757/0/8eacff3d/M/snowydone-L.jpg

plastikosmd
05-29-2019, 08:38 AM
Damn, so sorry
Amazing pics of an amazing companion

czac
05-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Thanks.... she was. She was Deaf and as a result, was very very cautious with strangers in that she thought she had to protect the house at all costs lol which was a nice feeling living out in the woods because if anyone came around shed scare them off for sure..lol We would just put her Muzzle on when ever we had company and she was so used to it she would be fine. Amazing how she would calm right down when she knew she couldnt bite..lol I guess it was just her first response, "Ill get you before you have a chance to get me"... Funny how from the day we met her at the shelter, she had never been aggressive with us, especially me. she was so sweet once she got to know you though. We had people who stayed with us for a few days each year and after the first night, she would cozy right up to them like family.

Rob Canadian
05-29-2019, 09:12 PM
It has been weird coming home after work. Getting up in the AM and him not being in the house. I am sure czac feels the same.

czac
05-30-2019, 10:35 AM
It has been weird coming home after work. Getting up in the AM and him not being in the house. I am sure czac feels the same.

Oh yeah..I know that feeling, especially the first few days she was gone, even our two other dogs seemed like they were wondering where she was... But even with the two others at home, its still kind of weirdly quiet now because she was the one who always found something to bark at outside...even if it was only something she imagined...

Dirtweed
09-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Got a nice new picture of Koda this weekend. This monster will be 3 yrs old next month.

Dr. 250R
09-22-2019, 08:14 PM
My best friend(s)...

3Deep
09-23-2019, 08:28 AM

Backpacking trip few years ago with my two hiking buddies.

ironchop
09-24-2019, 02:09 PM
My best friend(s)...

260062We like big slobbery Mastiffs too. Right now we are down to just our Dogue Raymondhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190924/ccad098085f165c8910731ad79f473c8.jpg

ironchop
06-16-2020, 12:29 PM
Sad day..... I'm fkn devasted.

Raymond James
AKA:. Puppers
AKA: The Bordeaux Catfish
AKA: Colonel Beauregard Montgomery

Passed away last night after emergency surgery for ruptured stomach, intestines, colon. He ate something that tore him up inside and he got septic and passed away in surgery

01/01/2011- 06/15/2020

This year can go F**K itself.... I wasn't allowed to be there for him "because of Governor Beshear Covid restrictions".....Fu*k him too

I feel like I abandoned him there at the vet clinic to die, trying to save him. I'm having a tough time with that

We loved this dog like he was one of our children, because he was. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200616/d606294c5808670c3a7f4784bc8d0f1b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200616/31e9e176923b7c19cad9e52058afc85b.jpg

stoshu
06-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Sorry for your loss. Went through the same thing at the vet this weekend after rushing my wife’s little mutt in after a pit bull attack. $2500 later, this is what’s left of her.

ironchop
06-16-2020, 07:04 PM
Sorry for your loss. Went through the same thing at the vet this weekend after rushing my wife’s little mutt in after a pit bull attack. $2500 later, this is what’s left of her.Man, that's awful brother

I hope your pup recovers

El Camexican
06-16-2020, 07:42 PM
Sorry to read this Doug. Hopefully the memories will make you smile again soon.

Stoshu, damn, first the cool cat, now this. Hope she gets better soon. :beer

Rob Canadian
06-17-2020, 07:26 PM
Chop. I am very sorry... I saw this thread when I logged in today. Thought oh. See whats going on. :(

Stoshu. Hope the dog heals up well. Damb...

coolpool
06-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Doug, sorry for your loss, brother, may your pup RIP!

Stoshu, hopefully your pup recovers, here's hoping!

coolpool
06-18-2020, 12:31 AM
Meet Hazel, Bichon/Shitzu 4 1/2 months. Definitely doesn't act like a small dog, loves ATV'ing, fishing and mud puddles. We lost our last pup over a year ago:(

fabiodriven
06-18-2020, 04:24 PM
That's terrible to hear Doug. It's so tough when innocent animals go. I can't imagine how I'll deal when old Mish goes. 16 this year and she's loving life still.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200618/266c9b37b521d9a65960a69b8c2a3b2a.jpg

El Camexican
09-19-2021, 11:28 PM
This is Fredo, Chispa's wanna be lover. He's about a smart as a bag of hammers, but he loves me like no other dog ever has. Little Chispa is the only dog he doesn't try to kill because when he was a pup she laid down the law and he still sees her as dominate even though he outweighs her by about 10 to 1 now. He probably should read the Red Pill thread.

He has a bark that makes whoever rings my door bell jump back three feet. He only know one word "sit" but he does it so obediently and looks so noble on his hinds that everyone thinks he's been professionally trained :lol:

He loves to fight, doesn't care about the size, race or sex (no wonder he never gets laid), can't let him off the chain ever when out walking, had some close calls in the park when he was younger and I "thought" I had control of him. He also wreaks havoc on my lawn, digs up plants and requires me to be on shovel duty twice a day and his eyes with their triple eyelids need drops everyday now that's he's older. I think I got him in mid 2009, so he's pretty old for a boxer. I will be very sad when he goes. I wish he could have lived on a farm, loves to run and jump.

After a long battle with cancer Fredo was put down today.

In lieu of flowers we ask that you give your pets a treat of some sort and scratch them behind the ears.

He asked me to post this for other dogs,

“A dogs life is short, live it to the max, let no cat pass without a bark, leave no tree unpissed upon, when someone try’s to give you a bath, make sure you return the favor, cr*p like you own the park and leave no bitches butt unsniffed”

Fredo 2009-2021

czac
09-20-2021, 06:12 AM
Sorry to hear the news El Camexican an, that sucks. It’s tough to take when a pet passes away, they spend so much time as a part of our lives yet it goes by way to fast!

plastikosmd
09-20-2021, 08:19 PM
Ugh

So sorry

knappyfeet
09-21-2021, 10:28 AM
Sorry about Fredo buddy......they give us so much in so little time.

El Camexican
04-09-2022, 08:30 PM
So here we are again…

Chispa checked out on Friday after 15 years of faithful companionship.

Digging a grave for one’s dog is a time for reflection…. and a reminder to never get a Saint Bernard.

HairyJR
04-10-2022, 11:58 AM
Sorry for your loss, RIP. Any animal passing hurts.....there family.

"HJ" 269411 :beer