PDA

View Full Version : 200m stalling when I shift into first

3hog
05-19-2018, 01:04 PM
It idles fine in neutral but won’t idle in gear and if I’m in neutral and shift into first it will instantly die sometimes. Anybody know the fix? It will be greatly appreciated.

fabiodriven
05-19-2018, 02:21 PM
Your clutch (or one of them if it has two) might be hung up. This could be due to improper adjustment or something could be broken.

If the machine has been sitting for a long time, there is the chance the clutch could be stuck. If that's the case, I've broken many free before. If you're pretty sure nothing is broken or out of place inside there, with the machine running in neutral push it along to match the speed of first gear and as it's rolling pop it into gear. Ride it around for a bit and see what happens if you try to shift gears. Keep your ears open for anything that sounds wrong and don't force anything. If your problem is a stuck clutch, it might free up as you ride around.

fabiodriven
05-19-2018, 02:43 PM
After reading your post again, I'm thinking a simple clutch adjustment might be your solution.

3hog
05-19-2018, 07:14 PM
K thanks I’ll try that

3hog
05-21-2018, 06:21 PM
After reading your post again, I'm thinking a simple clutch adjustment might be your solution.
Thanks very much for the help but I adjusted it and after running it across the yard once without problems then shutting it off and firing it back up five min later to wash it it stalled right after I shifted into first again.

fabiodriven
05-21-2018, 06:27 PM
Assuming the engine is running and idling the way it's supposed to, you might have to do some work on the clutch.

3hog
05-22-2018, 08:53 PM
K thanks I’ll look into it