PDA

View Full Version : 85 200S Carb leaks through breather outlet???

rideus74
06-04-2018, 10:19 PM
I just purchased a supposed "excellent" original used carb for my 200S. I installed it tonight and fuel runs out of the breather nipple (and I have no idea why as I'm not well versed on carbs. Would the float be stuck open or something? Also, what size fuel line is stock? I had 3/16 ID fuel tubing but need to buy more so just used the black tubing that plugs into the bottom of the carb to drain it. By the way, fuel also comes out when you loosen the drain plug as well. Thanks in advance. This trike was running top notch once I brought it back from the dead and now I'm just trying to get a carb that will work properly.252768252769

fabiodriven
06-04-2018, 10:25 PM
The first thing you would do is rap on the carburetor with the handle of a screwdriver in order to free up the floats. I just had to do this on a used carburetor myself. The first time I put gas to it, it came pouring out the vents. The floats came up after I whacked it and it hasn't overflowed again since.

rideus74
06-04-2018, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info - I was hoping some love taps would possibly be a solution......