PDA

View Full Version : New here, Yamaha 200 three wheeler

tarnax33
07-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Hey guys, I need help finding information on this Makuni carb on my grandpa's old yamaha 200. Hasn't been ran in 12 years then I got it started and ran for a bit. Carb probably needs to be replaced and I have no idea what to google to replace it.

Thanks for the help.

ironchop
07-23-2018, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, I need help finding information on this Makuni carb on my grandpa's old yamaha 200. Hasn't been ran in 12 years then I got it started and ran for a bit. *Carb probably needs to be replaced* and I have no idea what to google to replace it.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome!

That's crazy talk.

Rebuild the carb. Old mikunis never die.

Boil it in water with lemon juice to clean it out good after removing everything rubber plastic. Pull the jets and boil them too.

A rebuild kit is cheap. Try eBay or Amazon for lowest prices BUT I would get genuine Mikuni parts from either JetsRUs or Sudco. One of them is sure to have all the genuine parts you need. I would rather have a rebuilt Mikuni than anything else for that model. They are still better than a cheap knockoff carb.

Just my opinions. YMMV

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

DAM shop
07-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Welcome!

That's crazy talk.

Boil it in water with lemon juice to clean it out good after removing everything rubber plastic. Pull the jets and boil them too.

A rebuild kit is cheap. Try eBay or Amazon for lowest prices BUT I would get genuine Mikuni parts from either JetsRUs or Sudco. One of them is sure to have all the genuine parts you need. I would rather have a rebuilt Mikuni than anything else for that model. They are still better than a cheap knockoff carb.

Just my opinions. YMMV

What he said

tarnax33
07-23-2018, 10:29 PM
Welcome!

That's crazy talk.

Just my opinions. YMMV

Ok, do you know what rebuild kit to go for? Or is a Mikuni rebuild kit a blanket thing?

ironchop
07-23-2018, 10:46 PM
The rebuild kits are carb model specific.

http://wincycles.com/p3472/Yamaha-YTM200-Tri-Moto-Carburetor-Kit-1983-1985/product_info.html

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/73a314629b060c200a4e59a1404605ef.jpg