PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Top Fork Bridge

Gabriel
07-28-2018, 07:01 AM
I am rebuilding a front end I want to use on my next build. Problem is I don't have the top fork bridge. The other problem is, I don't know what it came off of. Definitely a 200cc early 80's Honda. Could be an S or an M or plain ATC. It is NOT the rigid front end. It had a pair of Showa shocks on it. It's not an X or R for sure.

Rough measurements with a tape measure are 7-3/4 spacing between the fork bolts and 1.5 inches between fork bolt center line and fork stem centerline. The bridge on my 83 200E is about 1.0 so it's probably not from an E or ES, but I don't know. The front end on my E might not be original.

If you have one, please let me know. I will buy it OR I may have parts to trade. I have all the other parts, I just need the bridge.

Thank you for any help.

Gabriel

Gabriel
07-28-2018, 07:09 AM
Here's a pic of the front end I just painted yesterday if that helps.

Gabriel
07-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Anyone?
Please look if you have a parts pile.
I'd really appreciate it.

ironchop
07-29-2018, 02:48 PM
Anyone?
Please look if you have a parts pile.
I'd really appreciate it.What do the lowers look like....edit: nevermind I see the pic on the other thread

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Gabriel
07-29-2018, 03:33 PM
What do the lowers look like....edit: nevermind I see the pic on the other thread

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

This is a different build than the other thread I posted. I'm starting an all new Frankenstein build based on an 83 200ES. My first dive into the shaft drives.

Gabriel
07-29-2018, 04:26 PM
BTW, if anyone can identify the front end based on the measurements and picture, I would be much obliged. Just knowing what i'm after would be a big help. If someone here doesn't have one, I guess I'm stuck hitting Ebay.

Gabriel
08-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Still no luck.

In the meantime, I've started making one from 1/8" steel plate and welding grade 8 steel washers in place for strength. Probably don't wanna run this balls to the wall but it'll be more than enough to let me move forward with this build. Still need to locate and drill the stem shaft hole, weld that washer in place and it'll be done. All I have is a shoddy drill press so I have to drill a hole as close as I can (undersize) and use a carbide burr to move the hole where it needs to be. I have a lathe so I have a slip fit washer I made that I'll weld in place once there's an opening for it. Best I can do with what I have.

I am still looking for the correct part by the way, if you have one, PLEASE let me know.