PDA

View Full Version : Crank case ventilation

Gabriel
08-02-2018, 04:27 PM
The rubber lines are all rotted and useless AND the T-fitting is gone from the 200ES I am currently attempting to piece back together.

What do you guys think of using one of these instead of the factory style hoses?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crankcase-Turbo-Vent-Universal-Breather-Air-Filter-12mm-1-2-MINI-Air-Intake-/292539113628

ironchop
08-02-2018, 06:34 PM
The rubber lines are all rotted and useless AND the T-fitting is gone from the 200ES I am currently attempting to piece back together.

What do you guys think of using one of these instead of the factory style hoses?

I ran those once on 3 machines. I won't run them again.

They get plugged up too easy. If you flip the bike or overfill it with oil, they get saturated and don't "breathe" very well at all. You get mud or water and it's the same story. The oil is a PIA to rinse out of it too. Crankcase vent needs to be free flowing. The long hose out below and behind the motor like OEM is still the best way to vent the cases and definitely the quickest and easiest to clean out if it gets plugged with mud or oil (plugged with oil is unlikely in an open hose though)

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk