PDA

View Full Version : Decompression Lever Malfunction for Pull Start

Gorjax
08-25-2018, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, im having an issue. Recently i rebuilt the top end of my 200es , new piston/rings/gaskets/valves/spark advancer/camshaft and probably another thing or 2 i forget. Anyways, my decompression lever used to 254146 254145stay up when i flipped it up until i used the pull starter. well the lever wont stay up anymore so obviously i cant pull on the pull start.

Before the rebuild everything worked smooth and fine and the lever would stay up, then reset on each pull. The spring looks to be intact. And i cant figure out how the mechanism would even go on differently. My only thought is something is seated wrong internally near the cam/valves, or there is something mechanically happening that my truck driver brain cant figure out haha . uggg any ideas?

Gabriel
08-25-2018, 07:19 PM
New valve springs too? If so might be the decompression lever is worn and can't handle the pressure of the new springs.

shortline10
08-25-2018, 07:54 PM
New camshaft probably isn’t compatible with the mechanical decompression setup.

Howdy
08-26-2018, 11:45 AM
I have seen the little tab on the inside end of the decompression lever get broke off. It happens.
Howdy

coreyp01
08-26-2018, 12:52 PM
I agree with shortline 10 of its an aftermarket cam it may not have the portion for the decompressor I have seen that a couple of times with older ATVs.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk