PDA

View Full Version : Ohatsu tires question (confused)

ATC SLUT
08-27-2018, 10:52 AM
I just picked up relatively clean 1978 Honda atc90 with the original style balloon tires manufactured by ohatsu.
They're both mark 22 x 11. 0 x 8"
Both are in remarkably good shape with good tread no cracks or scuffing.
Here is the issue, physically they measure two different sizes to such a dramatic degree that you can't keep the thing in a straight line. Because of the live axle it just wants to turn in circles.

I can only think of two things either ohatsu at some point in time change the shape and size of their molds or because this tire has no cords
One of them actually swelled up and grew.
from over inflation.
We're talking like an inch and a half taller and almost 2 inch wider when measured across the face of the tread.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this.
Obviously I'm going to have to buy two new tires at matching size at the same time I see this OEM original type tires selling for a small fortune on eBay but don't want to sell one that is not usable.

ATC SLUT
08-27-2018, 11:02 AM
Sorry about incorrect spelling- ohtsu

Joseph Farrow
08-27-2018, 11:10 AM
The tire was over inflated. Once you go past the point of no return, there is no going back.

GeoCubed
08-27-2018, 01:53 PM
The tire was over inflated. Once you go past the point of no return, there is no going back.

Truth told by Joseph. At least there are good tires available in th stock sizing.
I have Kenda Scorpions on the rear of my 250SX. Up front is a Kenda Front Max. I love th combo. :cool: