PDA

View Full Version : Newbie pulling what hair i have out!

Wes52912
08-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Hey Fellas, Newbie to the trike world and i think my title speaks for its self lol! Just picked up a 1985 ATC 110 From a fella that thought he was a wiring genius ( wrap it around and tape the #$%@ outta it). The problem that im running into is im not familiar with what the ohm reading should be at the CDI to make sure my joints in the wiring are good and to track down the no spark bug that i have. any info that you fellas have would be greatly appreciated.

My current readings are as follows:

Stator: 210 ohms
Coil: < 1 ohm
Ground: < 1 ohm
Pulse Gen: 92 ohm
Kill Switch: < 1 ohm

coreyp01
08-31-2018, 03:40 PM
are these ohm readings through the components or from point to point just through the wires. measure and make sure you do not have any continuity to ground and all wires especially the stater wires. also you should have resistance through the kill switch when it is in the kill position and no resistance when it is in the on position when testing through switch.

Wes52912
08-31-2018, 05:49 PM
The ohm readings are thru the jack for the CDI. When testing thru the jack, the kill seems to work just fine. I was told by a friend that the pulse generator on these should read around 30 ohms. Can you concur? If so, I would assume that that would be my problem being that i'm reading around 90 ohms.

coreyp01
09-01-2018, 11:50 AM
ok i am unsure what it should be on the 110 specifically