PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the dashboard on a 1985 200M?

oracle
09-16-2018, 06:13 PM
Hi.
I'm trying to get to the neutral bulb and need to remove the dashboard (maybe a stretch to call it a dashboard).
I don't see any screws holding it down but when I pull up I feel something holding, just can't see anything and the service manual has no real info on that part.

See picture, that's the part with the Honda rubber emblem is what I need to remove. I suppose once that is out I will see how the other part (with the neutral and ignition) is held down.

Basically I need to check if the neutral light bulb is busted. I know the sender works fine cause I tested it as per the service Manual.

thanks

Shep1970
09-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Sometimes just looking at eBay pics will help: 254575 254576
Maybe this will help.
Shep

oracle
09-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Thanks.
Seems the honda emblem is removable... I hope it doesn't break.. seems brittle..
I guess under I will find some bolts..

But before I'll try again if I can get the bulb socket out. Doesn't make sense the handlebar needs to be dismounted just get to the bulb...

Gabriel
09-16-2018, 07:41 PM
You can test the neutral light without removing it. Unplug the two wires going to the switch and apply 12v.

oracle
09-16-2018, 07:51 PM
You can test the neutral light without removing it. Unplug the two wires going to the switch and apply 12v.
Yes, excellent idea.. Didn't think of that!

oracle
09-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Ok. time to put all tools down..

with needle pliers I managed to get the rubber socket out..

The bulb wires were out of place so I put them back and voila!
The neutral indicator light was working perfectly... but in my anal way of putting things back perfectly (or what I thought) I pushed it a bit too much and managed to bust the bulb and I manage to blow the main fuse :(

So done for today...