PDA

View Full Version : 1983 200K Rear Axle Bearing Carrier Destroyed

09-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Hi guys, newbie to this site but have been riding Yamaha 3-wheelers since 1982. Just picked up an 83 200Kin mint shape. My kids have been having a blast on it. It’s cool to see your kids having fun on the same machine as you did as a kid.

My issue: Rear axle has a lot play. Bought new bearings. Took apart and ended up destroying the axle bearing carrier while trying to remove the old bearings. Idiot move for sure. Lol. Anyways I have scoured the internet for this part and there just doesn’t seem to be any anywhere. eBay has this part number listed as for sale but it’s listed incorrectly. Looks more like a carrier off one of the shaft drive models. My Part number: 21V-25311-01-00.

Does anyone on this forum have any potential leads I could follow up on to source this part? Or is it sit and wait for the correct part to show up on eBay? Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and the kids.

Thanks!!

Dirtcrasher
10-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Join some Facebook groups, whether you like it or not, it's good for learning and has a huge reach.

Many of our parts are discontinued, I just watch Ebay and post want ads, that's the best you can do...

Gabriel
10-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Dont know yamaha.
Is the carrier aluminum or stamped sheet metal?

If its thick enough you could set it up in a Bridgeport and bore it out and then lathe turn a sleeve. I have done this repair on numerous bearing holes that have got wallered out or damaged. Get a good snug fit and use 4140 or equivalent quality steel for the sleeve and itll be like it never happened.
For a rear carrier the real trick would be getting the housing indicated in properly so the two sides run true together.

All this is moot if the material is too thin though.
In that case you COULD try to find a suitable bearing with the proper ID but a smaller OD. Then make a sleeve to take up the difference.
Unless its rusted plum out or been crushed flat most anything is fixable given the right tools and motivation.

Good luck!

Howdy
10-10-2018, 04:55 PM
I may have a extra 1 of these carriers at the shop. The thin aluminum housing was a bad design in my opinion. We moved a lot of stuff around this summer and finding it might take a few days.
Howdy