PDA

View Full Version : Been slow here llately?

fordnut79@hotma
10-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Not so many posts here lately and less in the 3ww shop or is it just me.

3Z with Fangs!
10-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Definitely seems slow to me.

fordnut79@hotma
10-07-2018, 06:14 PM
Facebook sites are doing well though I think. Hope we don't lose this resourcee

Ranvier
10-07-2018, 08:05 PM
I still search these forums often....org stopped working for me, and it’s a shame things are so slow since there is so much archived information here compared to fb.

3 Wheel Drive
10-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Bring back Barnett, he always had interesting posts & good advise.

Scootertrash
10-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the beaver last night?

3Z with Fangs!
10-08-2018, 12:34 PM
The whole problem with the Facebook stuff is that not everyone is on Facebook or doesn't want to be on Facebook for personal reasons. I prefer the forum.

Gabriel
10-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Seems very slow to me. Lots of threads with no responses at all. ...of course, if one has nothing meaningful to add I can understand.

ironchop
10-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Seems very slow to me. Lots of threads with no responses at all. ...of course, if one has nothing meaningful to add I can understand.Sometimes I respond just to bump the topic and maybe get some replies from others who may not have seen the thread

Basically, this place is a way to have conversations and sometimes in a conversation, you have to make small talk even if it's irrelevant or not helpful.

The key is to, at least, engage

If you're a newbie and you pop in here to get advice on the trike in your garage that you just bought and you're already irritated by the hoops and probationary thing, the final nail in the coffin is when you post a question and only get one or no responses. The future of this place is in our New Member Discussion forum if we want to see growth of any kind

If this place were booming, newbs might not mind probation as much but going thru all that just to get an audience of maybe 50 regular weekly posters and 100 occasional yearly cameo appearances isn't going to cut it for alot of people. The same holds true when the answers they used to get were degrading and sanctimonious or their question turned into a dick swinging contest between virtual self-proclaimed internet power users and general know-everything's. We have to give people a reason to show up and check their feed.

You've been really active and engaging without being a post whore since you showed up and it's appreciated by me, at least. Hopefully other extroverted people speak up

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

knappyfeet
10-13-2018, 12:03 PM
If this place were booming, newbs might not mind probation as much but going thru all that just to get an audience of maybe 50 regular weekly posters and 100 occasional yearly cameo appearances isn't going to cut it for alot of people. The same holds true when the answers they used to get were degrading and sanctimonious or their question turned into a dick swinging contest between virtual self-proclaimed internet power users and general know-everything's. We have to give people a reason to show up and check their feed.

I agree.

But the rambunctious of before seems gone and that rambunctiousness did draw a crowd. Barn was behaving until the end..Damon kinda the same. The back and forth between the Chewbacca and DOHC was always entertaining. And all the while through that valuable info was there. I miss Fabs posts. Poppathreewheelgeorgio was fun with jibjab.

I guess everything moves on.

El Camexican
10-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Well said Chops. Unfortunate that we can't all take each other with a grain of salt at times, but there have been a couple members whose rancid personalities couldn't be ingested with a bottle of Tabasco sauce.

You think Fabs will be back? I hope you're right, but he seems to have finally broke free of this place as he'd threatened to do on a few previous occasions. I don't ever recall him being gone this long.

I can think of a dozen people I'd like to see back on here, but I doubt it will happen, so here's to new members and topics :beer

Dave8338
10-13-2018, 10:56 PM
This forum will most certainly live on. Too much knowledge to lose and talent to trash. :beer

redsox
10-17-2018, 07:35 PM
there are lurkers

ironchop
10-17-2018, 07:49 PM
there are lurkers^^^hey it's that guy!^^^

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Gabriel
10-17-2018, 07:54 PM
But what if i don`t ad anything meaningful..........and still do ...........what about that ?.........it`s very slow around here and i mean to get to the bottom of that............there`s a hole lot to talk about ...........like why are dem these pimple`s on my arse ??.........and den you squeeze dem .........and den little Aliens pop out...........and den you don`t know where dey go .........no more and den .......extrovert......introvert .........lets call the whole thing off ........

For all the good and the bad dude......you are one different colored duck.

Tri-Z 250
10-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Why point fingers...Let's face it since I've been around the tone and the input on the site has turned. No longer do certian members feel the site should be Family friendly any 13yr old could read freely, about good info on 3wheelers. It's become their life policy to pollute non related 3wheeler topics. Why? I have my own opinion as to the constant barrage of Leftist who claim Right...but act in destructive input to ad nothing but unrealated garbage. Ever since .com Westcoast shut down this place has turned into a "we'll bend with exceptance to the few." Sure FB is a place where these people can't exist, you simple block them from what you follow and FB edits them for you, I've heard. So I'm pretty sure these individuals feel getting blocked isn't as much fun as creating a new tag here and proving the I'm smarter than you and I'm unstoppable. This place has no focus anymore, were all in the boat but not paddling in same direction, in alliance to reach the shore. You get all walks of life here, opinions included like it or not. Do I care if you write like a 2yr old spew topics and views not needed in a site for 3Wheeled enthusiasts? No I just scroll down like a list of machines you no longer own. If your measured by members and disliked enough your banned and to these Leftish types it triggers the Game On mode. Why Political, Pot, Distructive topics have a home here can only be answered by those who flood the zone; and the decision to open such an area. I suggest as topics appear in these areas they don't get posted on the What's New. Also after 15days the Entire Area gets wiped clean and Flushed. Giving credence and bending leads to false confidence of exceptance. It's allowing the individuals to form an ego of I'm important and needed also allowing their view to infect the rest of the site as they just can't stop flooding the boat. This was the goto...now it's the check in from time to time by the OG knowledge and input. If your History of contant is to be remembered as a vision of 3wheelers I feel your heading in the wrong direction. How about a linked site for these topics, not to be associated the the Historic recorded of this site.

Keep on keeping on...at least the boat still floats.

slashfan7964
10-18-2018, 08:59 PM
I'm still around. I dont post much these days but I do visit from time to time.

coolpool
10-18-2018, 09:42 PM
I agree.

But the rambunctious of before seems gone and that rambunctiousness did draw a crowd. Barn was behaving until the end..Damon kinda the same. The back and forth between the Chewbacca and DOHC was always entertaining. And all the while through that valuable info was there. I miss Fabs posts. Poppathreewheelgeorgio was fun with jibjab.

I guess everything moves on.

Let's not forget bcredneck and all his contraptions that he built and rode!

Scootertrash
10-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Sometimes I super glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I’m a T-Rex.

ATCKevin
10-20-2018, 08:16 PM
^^:naughty:^^

Scootertrash
10-21-2018, 07:11 AM
My tits are so nice.............i get excited just lookin at myself !:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::nau ghty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naug hty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:: naughty:

:eek::D:beer

Gabriel
10-30-2018, 12:07 PM
I was thinking about this thread yesterday as I was posting elsewhere. Pretty tough crowd around here for responses. Typically the responses are high in quality and low in volume.....tough crowd to get excited though. Except for Glamy. Give him a mirror and an old sock and he gets all kind of excited.

oldskool83
10-30-2018, 12:49 PM
Well the days of who can top the next guys bike build are over, now its back to the poor people builds or those who dont want to spend a ton on a 35 + year old toy. I'll get yelled at about this but you know its true.

Gabriel
10-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Well, I'm all about them 'Poor people' builds. I like seeing what I can MAKE work, not what I can buy and bolt on. Although, I must be honest, I wouldn't be this way if I had the money to actually buy something. LOL!!
Check out the Green Goblin I am building right now in the Mad Scientist lair. It's basically a thread about How can I take this junk sh!t and make something that will move under it's own power

oldskool83
10-30-2018, 01:40 PM
I normally build bikes out of spares I've parted.

fabiodriven
10-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Well the days of who can top the next guys bike build are over, now its back to the poor people builds or those who dont want to spend a ton on a 35 + year old toy. I'll get yelled at about this but you know its true.

Pure stupidity as usual.

Maybe when I see it fit I'll get the forum going again but we'll see. We've gotten rid of The BTK thread killer and nobody cares anymore what Mexico or Canada has to say, so it's looking a little more appealing lately. If I start posting again, everyone just pretend someone else is posting for me. Then some people might see it fit to align themselves with someone so undesirable as myself.

Also, I love glamy and Shep is muh friend

Rob Canadian
11-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Pure stupidity as usual.

We've gotten rid of The BTK thread killer and nobody cares anymore what Mexico or Canada has to say, so it's looking a little more appealing lately. If I start posting again, everyone just pretend someone else is posting for me. Then some people might see it fit to align themselves with someone so undesirable as myself.

Not sure what the BTK thread killer is(?)... Sure "Blame Canada" LOL. I know it was not me nor Mr. Mexico. :)

christph
11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
I think facebook has stolen a lot of traffic due to its niche appeal. You don't have to scan through a bunch of machines you're not interested in. Plus, a lot of the aftermarket goodies are being sold through facebook. The downside of facebook is that it doesn't archive information.