PDA

View Full Version : 03 blaster

Tri-Z_Jim
12-07-2002, 11:02 PM
I got to ride a 2003 Blaster and Raptor LE in the woods today.....I think I'll keep my Blaster.We have 6 to 8 inches of snow also.The Raptor was awesome but the power is uncontrollable for where I was riding it.It was also a bit to wide for the trails I was on.In the right conditions,I could be dangerous on it.
The new Blaster did nothing for me b/c it was stock.The new hydro brakes work great.I didnt care for the new style bars either.The only complaint I have is that the front disc brakes dont allow it to turn as sharp as my 00 blaster.(They didnt tell us that in the article)
The guys on the blastr and raptor were beginners so I had no problem leaving them behind.We would start even on the trail and within a minute I turned around and didnt see them anymore.We werent really racing,just playin around trying not to get ran over by a 700 Sportsman.The guy w/ the raptor was wondering why his $7000 machine couldnt keep up with my blaster yet he smoked the 03 blaster.My friend was also with us on his 03 Polaris 700.He hit a tree hard with the tire and messed up something in the front end.I was turning my machine around by hand and slipped and smashed my knee on a rock and can hardly walk.Other than that the riding was great.

Tri-Z_Jim
12-08-2002, 08:40 PM
heres some pics from last nite.

Tri-Z_Jim
12-08-2002, 08:51 PM
more pics

3WheelHouston
12-09-2002, 02:23 AM
The 03 Blaster plastic looks more deserving of the name Raptor, and vice versa with the raptor.

Wickedfinger
12-09-2002, 06:17 PM
lookin good Jim ..... I need to come up there and bang bars with you guys. Wheres G-Man during all of this fun.

HemiChallenger71
12-09-2002, 10:03 PM
G-man is probably on the big 4X4. The blaster looks pretty cool though. A good 240 kit and that thing will probably keep up with the Raptor eh?

Tri-Z_Jim
12-10-2002, 12:24 AM
GMAN was riding with some other friends about 8 miles away.Bad planning on my part.
My blaster ran circles around the raptor all nite.Then I jumped on the raptor and whooped on my blaster some.

ATCRYDER
12-15-2002, 03:55 PM
Nice, Jim...............man do those pics make the R look even narrower than it really is, or what? :shock:

Cahdealme
12-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Looks way to cold for me, I might try runnin' on snow one of these days!!! Looks like yall had some fun though!