PDA

View Full Version : Stock market

DAM shop
12-18-2018, 02:07 PM
I'm sure many of you are into buying and selling stocks. Do any of you have a prefered stock that you own right now? A stock or IPO you are considering? Recomendations or not? projections?
Let's hear some money talk.

Jwheeler
12-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Cash poor ! 3 wheeler's wealthy ! Money talk.

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2018, 02:26 PM
Well, no one seems to like Crypto, but I have now played all the shorts as BTC dropped from 21K down to 3200$.

3 days ago, I played it up, long from 3200$ to 4000$, missed the top by 100$ but took profit at 3906$.

I'll continue to play it up and down, short and long...

oldskool83
12-21-2018, 02:40 PM
asking how to make money is more trial and error. Most people will not give away how they make money...I myself and not going too and Im balls deep in the market. Trial and error, after awhile you start to see trends and you learn what people buy and what they dont...follow your dreams. Street smart makes coin.

Gabriel
12-21-2018, 03:03 PM
My investments revolve around tools, ammunition, spare parts for everything & non-perishable food stuffs. I don't understand the other kind of investments. I'd rather have an extra BCG for my AR and couple of Shindy carb kits. Money may well be worthless in the future. My stuff won't.

Then again, when I am wrong and still working at 70 years old you'll be on the beach drinking a Mai Tai.

Dirtcrasher
12-21-2018, 06:31 PM
IMHO, the stock market is in a bubble and if people kept buying the new lows, it wouldn't crash.

But, there's just more sellers than buyers in a downtrend and more buyers than sellers in an uptrend.

These whales hold enough shares (of whatever), that they can drag people (like us) in who think it's time to go long, "THE MOON IS THE NEXT STOP!!", people jump in, the whale lets it rise awhile as more people jump in, then he "shorts" his 50 thousand shares down 20% lower and takes every dime you had thought was going up/long.

The whale holds such a large percentage that they actually control the entire market. And they call their buddies that hold many shares too and tell them what their play is.

What happens is it drops to a spot where sellers are told to sell, either at a small profit or at a loss as they are afraid to lose anymore money.

That's what kills it, people "panic sell" and you have a waterflow effect of everyone selling rather than buying.

Some guys will risk their whole - who knows, maybe 1000$ - in a play, and if they don't set a stop loss, they can lose everything. So I think it's a good practice to stick with 20% as a new entry into other an uptrend or a downtrend.

Scootertrash
12-22-2018, 10:47 AM
I'll continue to play it up and down, short and long...

Sounds like a girl I dated in High School

Scootertrash
12-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Who? Me? How so?

fabiodriven
12-22-2018, 12:34 PM
asking how to make money is more trial and error. Most people will not give away how they make money...I myself and not going too and Im balls deep in the market. Trial and error, after awhile you start to see trends and you learn what people buy and what they dont...follow your dreams. Street smart makes coin.

I'm sure people are dying to know how you do it Oldstool!

knappyfeet
12-22-2018, 01:23 PM
I've learned many years ago to let professionals handle my investments.

Anyone think they can do it better than a financial professional is either butt lying or butt lucky

Arky-X
12-26-2018, 02:09 AM
Long term I like Vanguard funds. Buy a few with different investment types and based on their long term performance, forget about them, go to bed, wake up in 3-5 years and check on them.

I don't have the mentality (testicular fortitude) to play in the short-term up and downs.

El Camexican
12-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Looks like there’s some blocks coming off the pyramid these days.

Calling banks to ask about liquidity, government shutdown, secret case being fast tracked to the Supreme Court, sane people fleeing the WH as fast as they can, publicly kicking around firing people at the Federal Reserve and Tweeting that it’s time to buy stocks at the bottom and 7 year olds believing in Santa??? Sounds like it’s got nowhere to go but down this week and maybe longer.

I’m with Glamy, my last Hooters bill was almost $50 bucks.

Arky-X
12-26-2018, 12:35 PM
7 year olds believing in Santa???

I never remember believing in Santa. Too many older siblings to ruin that for me.

Sounds like it’s got nowhere to go but down this week and maybe longer.

Now's the time to buy....right?

I’m with Glamy, my last Hooters bill was almost $50 bucks.

But you're paying for the atmosphere!
Better off stopping by McDs for less than $10 and then laying down the rest in $1s at the nudey bar. More bang for the buck.

El Camexican
12-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Sounds like it’s got nowhere to go but down this week and maybe longer.

"DOW makes largest one day gain in history"

This is why I don't play LOL!

Arky-X
12-27-2018, 01:19 PM
"DOW makes largest one day gain in history"

This is why I don't play LOL!

My guess is that was just a short term reaction by short-term speculators buying on the low which then can drive the prices up. Some probably already sold off at higher prices.
Will it be sustained?? Who knows....

"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today."

oldskool83
12-27-2018, 01:43 PM
just too much in news, you fart its known all over in 3 mins now. you make a false claim or something someone does not like it reacts. it will go back up, always does, but also always goes down big about ever 2 years now.

El Camexican
12-27-2018, 02:25 PM
The few guys I know that make a good living trading stocks are immersed in it full time and are constantly buying and selling, its a full time job for them. I'm a little jealous of their occasionally large one day gains, but not the losses they take once in awhile.

Maybe one day after I retire I'll try it.

Dirtcrasher
12-27-2018, 07:18 PM
I am and have been waiting on Bitcoin to drop to the sub 2000$ level. I honestly think it still has more bleeding to do, but it continues to suck people in when it starts gaining upwards momentum.

People see a small reversal and get all excited. If you bounce off 4200$ 3X, it's NOT GOING UP!!!! Jeez... I don't know why people keep getting sucked in.

Roughly 1 year ago today, Bitcoin was 21000$, 21K, and after a long downtrend, BTC has had an ATL for 2018 of 3100$, and I think there's more to go; Most Crypto has lost 90% of uit's value at their own ATH all time high.

Experts seem to think that the next bull run will be much larger than the one we had in 2017, I sure hope so.

I await patiently to see what happens, I watch the market all day long and hope to find the BTC in the sub 2000$ levels, who knows, maybe even 1500$; But my "buy" orders are already in place in case it ends up as a flash crash...

El Camexican
12-27-2018, 08:02 PM
I am and have been waiting on Bitcoin to drop to the sub 2000$ level. I honestly think it still has more bleeding to do, but it continues to suck people in when it starts gaining upwards momentum.

People see a small reversal and get all excited. If you bounce off 4200$ 3X, it's NOT GOING UP!!!! Jeez... I don't know why people keep getting sucked in.

Roughly 1 year ago today, Bitcoin was 21000$, 21K, and after a long downtrend, BTC has had an ATL for 2018 of 3100$, and I think there's more to go; Most Crypto has lost 90% of uit's value at their own ATH all time high.

Experts seem to think that the next bull run will be much larger than the one we had in 2017, I sure hope so.

I await patiently to see what happens, I watch the market all day long and hope to find the BTC in the sub 2000$ levels, who knows, maybe even 1500$; But my "buy" orders are already in place in case it ends up as a flash crash...

Doesn't the peak of Bitcoin epitomize the reality of the stock market? Value based on speculation rather than intrinsic value? Nothing about it changed, yet it still crashed. $2,000 Bitcoin? You'd know better than me, but doesn't it cost something like $4,000 to mine a Bitcoin? It costs less than $2.00 to make a Benjamin, but that's another story.:lol:

Anyway, I assume those of you trading are well aware of the story of tulip futures. Trader or not, it's something everyone should know about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

I'm still waiting on $1,000 silver and $40,000 gold, but I know it would mean the end of the monetary system if it ever happens, so I prefer it doesn't.