PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist selling

fieldy
12-30-2018, 05:18 AM
I was wanting to start selling some things i don't need and am asking for any tips. I know the people will try to lowball and all that. Was wondering if i should get a seperate phone just for the ad contacts, ect. See people write no help trying to sell and email contact only, ect. I don't want to have an email contact, i think. Text only sounds the best to me. I don't get alot of calls from unknown numbers and really don't want them. Some peope spell out the phone number. What about leave a message i will return your call?
If you have had a good experience on there or wherever, what have you been doing to have that?
Like i said was thinking of another mobile phone that can do all the photo and texting with for internet selling. Maybe a social network?

tripledog
12-30-2018, 06:17 AM
You could get a google phone number. I am not exactly sure how it works, but your true name and number will not appear on the responder's caller ID. You shouldn't need to get another phone. Also, you could set up a dedicated email solely for craigslist purposes. It helps if you specify a certain word to include in the subject line to help weed out bots and spammers. If a reply doesn't contain the word you specified to include in the subject line, it is most likely spam. I think people are missing out on potential sales when they specify "text only", as some dinosaurs (such as myself) have never had a cell phone.

Scootertrash
12-30-2018, 09:06 AM
I just use my normal email and cell number. Spelling some of the numbers weeds out robo calls and texts.

I don't do sales at my home unless it's absolutely necessary (large items like snowmobiles, wheelers, etc), I meet at a local store like home depot, menards, where ever there is lots of people.

My ads all state "First come, First serve. I will hold for 24 hours in some cases. But typically not. If I have 2 or more people interested, I tell them I will let them know if the other guy buys it so they don't drive all the way to meet me and it's already been sold.

I don't reply to "offers" made when they haven't seen the item in person.

I don't sell to the people who play the "Well, I only have $XXX dollars on me, will you take that?" Nope, you just wasted both of our time, see ya!

I probably don't have to say this, but CASH ONLY

oldskool83
12-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Cl sells more things then facebook. Whoever shows with cash gets my parts. I try and in my sell large things local. Valuable things go on eBay

3Z with Fangs!
12-30-2018, 11:07 AM
Damn, I actually understood Glamy for the first time lol! Hope you got some tortillas bro haha!

oldskool83
01-03-2019, 12:45 PM
i like to fart

oldskool83
01-03-2019, 12:49 PM
muffins and corn plums mixed with tecate in 250R tanks

Dirtcrasher
01-03-2019, 03:39 PM
I use my own phone number/email etc, never had an issue of abuse or retaliation.

Ebay - Gives you a massicve audience, anything I list seems to sell on Ebay.

Craigslist - Seems like the easiest place to use. Just a couple text messages and they are on their way to you or vicey versy...

Facebook - The BEST place to BUY a great deal, but a very FAST audience. Nice parts go quickly!! However, you will get a TON of tire kickers and other peoples worthless comments on how expensive your part is. I have very poor luck with ATC sales on FB. As a seller, you will not get top dollar on Facesnatch, but, you will get allot of unsolicited advice and complaints!!...

Ebay gets me top dollar, you just have to calculate in your time, their fees and everything else involved such as cleaning, packing, listing and shipping the item.

As an example, I get 600$ for an ATC speedo kit, 500$ for NOS 350X shrouds etc etc, I will not list anything that I cannot double my money on, that's the rule...

But sometimes, you get 500% or a 1000% markup on the small items like the 4$ grommet you bought in 2005, that is now 30$... Only place to get that kind of up sale, is EBAY.

oldskool83
01-04-2019, 10:20 PM
Who buys parts these days to resell....there's a better way!

Arky-X
01-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Dumb azz 350X shrouds for $500 ? ..........GTFO of here ! ..........thats it i`m selling my dog Sh!t !

Oooohhhh!
Sprinkles!!!!
How much you want for that sh!t?

Dirtcrasher
01-06-2019, 03:00 PM
^^ You bet, they buy them...

They were what 45$ new?? Now they run 500 a set as they're discontinued.

Mike from VMS and I have chat about the market and both feel that if we bought up every part left just a mere 10 years ago, that it would be our retirement; 1000% is achievable...

As far as "who buys parts to resell"? I do, every single day... If you list it on Ebay, and I know I can do something to it, improve it, or just flip it, I will buy it if I can double my money...

Please share "a better way"?

I profited 8K in Crypto last year, is that the better way?? Played it up - long, played it down - shorts. Now I wait until the bottom, or close thereof, to buy back in again.

Hodling only works for long term holds, 3 - 5 years minimum...