PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard from ironchop lately?

Scootertrash
01-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Haven't seen him around in awhile. Hope everything is OK. No link to PM or email him.

captainweezy
01-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Yes sir I have been in contact with him via text. He is taking some time off!

Arky-X
01-14-2019, 01:24 AM
Was wondering myself. I don't know chop personally but enjoy his input on this board.

fabiodriven
01-14-2019, 01:02 PM
You scared him off Glamy! You've done it again! Same thing you did to that poor Indy650 guy!

ironchop
01-14-2019, 11:46 PM
..........hey Doug i`ll go away if ya wanna come back .........what you gotta say is a lot more intelligent den ma ma ma ma ....ME ! .....

Yeah I get riled up over the South and/or redneck bashing. It seems to be a favorite past time for certain parts of this country and all parts of the media. I grew up on a farm and I'm country as hell, but it wasn't anything to run away or hate your guts over. I jabbed you right back... tit for tat... no and then.

Coincidentally while we were making fun of each other online, I had ignored a major heart attack a week prior and a minor one a couple weeks before that one. I had ignored them as best I could because insurance co-pays and I had a ton of family holiday plans but when I got back from MY COUSIN'S WEDDING IN ALABAMA �� on Turkey day weekend (that's ripe for redneck jokes) and I could barely walk across a room at that point. My chest pain and left arm pain wouldn't go away anymore even using my vast heart med collection. By the Tuesday after turkey day, my wife was freaked out and threatening me until I decided to go to the hospital after work.

So I get in the ER and they aren't sure if it's the electrical signal problem I had surgery for last summer or something else but I had some kind of enzymes or something that shows up in your blood to indicate a heart attack and my heart was enlarged on the top I think he said.

So they admit me, try to stress test me on a treadmill the next morning but that lasted about 80 seconds at full speed before I went down. Then they decide to do a cardiac catheterization on me because they're pretty sure I "had a blockage" but "not sure enough"

They did my cardiac catheterization while I was awake so I got to see my blockage in my left Anterior descending coronary artery on the screen. That was a kick in the dick because I didn't really take any of this very seriously until that moment. They called it "currently 95-99% blocked" and due to my other prior issues, I was going to need another open heart surgery.... So I got one of those but not until three days later because my blood thinners had to wear off first. Three days of anticipating that crap was irritating.

So on 12/6, I got my second open heart surgery and also something called a MAZE procedure because I still had heart rythm problems. Came home on the twelfth. Went back to work last Wednesday.

I was pretty mean to everybody while I was sick and everyone was p****ng me off so I took a break from all internet and television and half my family until I could recover in peace. My blood had to stay really thin because of my mechanical heart valve which conversely puts me in danger of springing a leak internally where they grafted me and hemorrhaging like I did once before. They dosed me with a drug that slows/weakens my heartbeat so that I didn't get too excited and blow a radiator hose.

In short, I have to stay calm and not flip out until February so that I'm good and healed so I'm on a break and off the grid.

So there you go. No and then.

Red Rider
01-15-2019, 12:56 AM
Sorry to hear about all of this. There's never a good time for it, but over the holidays has to be the absolute worst time. Heal up soon!

plastikosmd
01-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Wow iron, that is a handful to deal with
Glad u are ok
A sign of getting older, I remember when 3 wheelers were for kids...

sledcrazyinCT
01-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Wishing you a full recovery! Makes sense to lay low and recuperate

redsox
01-20-2019, 06:19 PM
YIKES!!! Chop, wow. How old are you? That aint good man. sorry to hear about the troubles, but glad youre ok.

ironchop
01-22-2019, 11:33 PM
YIKES!!! Chop, wow. How old are you? That aint good man. sorry to hear about the troubles, but glad youre ok.

I'm 47.

I had my first one at 36 to fix a huge aortic aneurism caused by Marfans syndrome

Life is short and I've learned to be grateful for being vertical

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days"

– Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

coolpool
01-23-2019, 11:02 PM
Heal up my friend, you've got a lot of years ahead of you. Glad I had the pleasure of meeting you at TF15 and hope to meet up once again!

Dirtcrasher
01-25-2019, 12:11 AM
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear of the hell you have been thru... IDK if you guys remember Tanks 350X? Roy? But his mom passed away quite young and he died in his sleep, I'm guessing it was a stroke. She had a heart condition.

These genetic things just seem to get passed on... I sure hope you feel better and they are keeping a close eye on you.

All kidding aside, who wouldn't wish the very best for ANYONE they knew.

Take care buddy!

ironchop
01-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear of the hell you have been thru... IDK if you guys remember Tanks 350X? Roy? But his mom passed away quite young and he died in his sleep, I'm guessing it was a stroke. She had a heart condition.

These genetic things just seem to get passed on... I sure hope you feel better and they are keeping a close eye on you.

All kidding aside, who wouldn't wish the very best for ANYONE they knew.

Take care buddy!

Yeah I remember Roy.... Great guy

My mom, one brother, one neice, my grandfather, a bunch of uncles, three cousins all have the same syndrome I have. Quite a few died very young from strokes and aneurysms. I'm trying to avoid that.

Thanks Steve

Scootertrash
01-25-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm trying to avoid that.

Sounds like a great plan! Here's to your success!!:beer

atc007
01-30-2019, 06:27 PM
What a run Chop. Some holiday you had! I hope things go smooth from here on out for you. Thanx for checking in.