PDA

View Full Version : Garage floor containment mats

DAM shop
01-27-2019, 08:58 PM
Is anyone using a containment mat for their garage or shop floors? I'm looking into a tru contain mat.
Any thoughts from those of you using one of these for sloppy weather?

sledcrazyinCT
01-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Do you have a link to what you are thinking to buy?

DAM shop
01-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Do you have a link to what you are thinking to buy?

https://www.trucontain.com/

big specht
01-28-2019, 07:19 AM
It just looks like a heavy tarp material with a foam barrier sewing in the edge you could make one for a hell of a lot less

Scootertrash
01-28-2019, 09:38 AM
What do you do once it's filled with snow/water? Drag it outside and dump it off?

I just squeegee the water out the door or shop vac it up if it too cold outside.

250rAL
02-02-2019, 06:12 PM
I've got an Autofloorguard mat. I've had it for about 5 years. It definitely has saved my floor, which was really starting to crumble from the salt. I use a shop vac to suck up the water but it holds a lot so you don't have to do it that often. I have two suggestions, if you get one. First, make sure the floor is clean before you put it down. Even a very small stone will get pushed through it when you drive over it. Stuff on top won't hurt it. Second, if it has foam around the edge, make something to carry the tire over it without compressing the foam( the foam will get crushed over time). I used 2X2s placed on either side of the foam, with a couple strips of old license plate screwed to them to hold them together. They don't have to go the full length, just where the tires go.

DAM shop
02-02-2019, 07:42 PM
It just looks like a heavy tarp material with a foam barrier sewing in the edge you could make one for a hell of a lot less

Yep I have considered making one. Foam pipe insulation for the sides and a strong double sided tape . The problem with my floor is that it is pitched toward my man door, so anything I can do to contain the winter gunk so I don't have to track through it when I enter the door would be nice.