PDA

View Full Version : 4:30 AM, -29 degrees

Scootertrash
01-30-2019, 07:31 AM
-48 degree windchill, I'm out walkin' the dog :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDXEwTYucc

Interestingly, after a 20 minute walk, I had no frozen skin or extremities like the weather fags would have you believe. Standard layering of under garments, an ArborWear hoodie, knit hat, snowmobile gloves, and my cup of Baileys and coffee:beer

If any of you cold climate guys are in the market for a sweatshirt, I highly recommend an ArborWear Double layer sweatshirt.

https://www.amazon.com/Arborwear-Double-Pullover-Sweatshirt-4X-Large/dp/B006ZYZEZG/ref=asc_df_B006ZYZFEG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312398444530&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15667993024023963150&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019595&hvtargid=pla-571363613021&th=1&psc=1

These things are awesome! It's actually a double sweatshirt, 2 layers of 13 oz sweatshirt, they are toasty as hell! I wore mine this morning with just my Carhartt vest. My arms were chilled by the end of my walk but nothing so bad I had to stand in front of the fireplace to warm up.

I'm enjoying my week off due to the cold. Excavators aren't digging footings, concrete companies are shut down today and tomorrow. Even if they dug footings our blankets only work so well keeping the ground from freezing overnight when it's this cold.

You guys stay warm and have a great day!

DAM shop
01-30-2019, 08:49 AM
The cold finally killed my truck. My Silverado sits outside and has been starting fine until this morning. Letting a charger slowly warm it up.. near -50 here in Iowa at 7am

3Z with Fangs!
01-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Geez, I feel for you guys, and to think, it's miserable to me when it gets down in the single digits in my area which is pretty rare, maybe a couple of times a Winter? Usually for us low 20's down to mid teens is our coldest.

Arky-X
01-30-2019, 10:45 AM
I`d like a Chopped Cheese w/ Mayo and pepperchinies ............i gotta pipe in a new pool filter today it`all be 69 ........i say 69 ...69 hut hut !!!............how bout a Timeshare in Flora-der scooter ?

Huh huh....you said 69.....

Know what the speed limit for sex is?

only 68.....because when you get to 69, you have to turn around.....

24 degrees here this morning so somewhat toasty compared to most of the country.

ironchop
01-30-2019, 11:12 AM
-48 degree windchill, I'm out walkin' the dog :D

Ha!

Some folks here in Kentucky are complaining about it being 'brutal cold' when it's 16 above outside. Me and the guy from Detroit have been getting a chuckle out of that.

-48 outside and I would then turn to my dog and say "you're peeing inside the house today, pup. Try to keep it on the newspaper, please!"

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash
01-30-2019, 11:35 AM
To his credit, he wasn't begging to go out, he'd already been out for his mornin' duties. We do walks around the yard every day before I head out for work and every afternoon when I get home. Weekend mornings we do long walks up the road. Since I had the week off we've been doing the long walks every morning. I pondered it this morning and said"F-it! Let's do this!" Wife says I'm crazy:D:naughty::lol:

Unfortunately neither one of my trucks would start this morning. I have no plans to go out and mess with them for several hours, only sposed to be a high of -16 today

BOB MARLIN
01-30-2019, 12:24 PM
It's plus 80 here in so cal.

DAM shop
01-30-2019, 12:47 PM
To his credit, he wasn't begging to go out, he'd already been out for his mornin' duties. We do walks around the yard every day before I head out for work and every afternoon when I get home. Weekend mornings we do long walks up the road. Since I had the week off we've been doing the long walks every morning. I pondered it this morning and said"F-it! Let's do this!" Wife says I'm crazy:D:naughty::lol:

Unfortunately neither one of my trucks would start this morning. I have no plans to go out and mess with them for several hours, only sposed to be a high of -16 today

I'm with ya Scooter, I just bought a battery maintainer 2 amp trickle charge. Didn't feel like putting a battery in today or tomorrow.

El Camexican
01-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Scooter, smarten up, get back in the house and put on something to warm you up, like this canine related tune :naughty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XNdT8RybY

Scootertrash
01-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Isn't slipping the dog the bone against the law? :wondering:naughty: Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

ironchop
01-30-2019, 02:00 PM
Isn't slipping the dog the bone against the law? :wondering:naughty: Or am I barking up the wrong tree?Probably.

Choking your chicken is legal though

Arky-X
01-30-2019, 03:41 PM
Probably.

Choking your chicken is legal though

Can't just choke your chicken anywhere though.

El Camexican
01-31-2019, 01:38 AM
Isn't slipping the dog the bone against the law? :wondering:naughty: Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Only if the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro is under 18 (not dog years)

Scootertrash
01-31-2019, 07:56 AM
Only if the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro is under 18 (not dog years)

:lol::lol::lol:

DAM shop
01-31-2019, 08:04 AM
-30 air temp at 6 am. A little above freezing later today and snow. 40-45 by Sunday.

Scootertrash
01-31-2019, 09:07 AM
-32 when we walked this morning. we're only going to make into the single negative temps today. Mid to upper 30's by the weekend for us.

Linda Ronstadt :naughty: probably batsh!t crazy, but back in the day I woulda hit that like a retard on a drum set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgp9cLjfcI

DAM shop
01-31-2019, 09:16 AM
Linda Ronstadt :naughty: probably batsh!t crazy, but back in the day I woulda hit that like a retard on a drum set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgp9cLjfcI[/QUOTE]

I like linda, she was hot for sure

Jd110
01-31-2019, 09:45 AM
That’s not a nice word, SCOOTER.
edit: fixed it DAM. My apologies for misidentified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jd110
01-31-2019, 09:53 AM
If you’re off work and don’t need to start your rigs, then I’d say it’s not a good idea in those extremes.
When my Toyota was a month old, I drove to the interior of Alaska to stay with friends. I had to leave when it was something like -34 or -43-don’t remember exactly but it was cold. At start up it sounded horrible-like a diesel! After a few seconds it cleared out and ran normal. I’m no mechanic, although my son thinks I am, but I’m sure I took many miles off my engine within those few seconds. Hope you all stay warm and survive this.

Something cool to read if you’re bored like me. I’m stuck waiting for a pump truck this morning.
http://www.alaskool.org/resources/regional/yukon_reg_profile/climate.htm

DAM shop
01-31-2019, 10:36 AM
That’s not a nice word, DAM.

You are correct jd that isn't a nice word and sorry for the repeat. SCOOTER :rolleyes:

Scootertrash
01-31-2019, 12:40 PM
I don't play the PC game very well, none the less, it wasn't made in a derogatory or insulting manner.

Jd110
01-31-2019, 03:18 PM
I believe you weren’t, too. I wasn’t aware being considerate towards the handicapped was pc. It’s not like we are speaking to ourselves in our own homes here. I initially was trying to help dam from a possible show down here. I usually enjoy your posts and are most informative. Needless to say, I should probably take a break, now. Later, gator