PDA

View Full Version : 1986 trx 70

newbie 350x
02-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone !

I was wondering if someone here can help me. I have been working on my friends trx and have had problem after problem getting her to run. Yesterday i finally got it to run but for only about 5 minutes and then i could not start it again. I pulled the flywheel to get at the magneto and found it to be pretty dirty ! Cleaned out the area put everything back together and got it to start. I have cleaned the carb several times, there is plenty of spark, but still not able to get it start. I have heard rumors of these things having problems with the neutral indicator switch. I am starting to wonder if maybe thats the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Newbie 350x

42F67N
02-17-2004, 08:40 PM
make sure the pointsare not burnt and gap um correctly and time the motor thats what was wrong with mine,and i went threw the whole carb process to before i figured it out.

plkmonster2
02-18-2004, 01:14 AM
I'd doubt it to be the switch. How would that affect it from running if it sparks? Pull the plug out. Is it wet? If not, try to turn the choke on. When you bleed the carb out by opening the screw on the bottom of the carb, does gas come out? Does it come out constantly, or in little spurts? Is the compression good. Any does the trx have points? I thought that year had cdi?

42F67N
02-18-2004, 02:55 AM
Yea i wasnt sure if it had points or cdi :?:

newbie 350x
02-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Yes it does have a cdi. I am going to purchase a compression tester and then i will check it. I do have the service manual and the specs, so that will be helpful. Thanks for the feedback.

junjun01
03-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Just get a new plug...i bet you thats what it's...my 70 does that all the time