PDA

View Full Version : YTM 200 Carb replace/rebuild.

BuffaloBooker
03-17-2019, 02:55 PM
I recently underwent the task of trying to get an old family YTM 200 up and running and seem to be running into carb issues.

I purchased what I thought was a direct replacement, but has a bolt on connection versus a clamp on connection.

Here are pics of the old carb...

Here is a pic of the replacement i received

From what i gather, Yamaha switched from clamp on to bolt on somewhere around 1983 or 1984.

Can i use the new carb with some sort of adapter?

Thanks
Chad

350for350
03-18-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm no expert, but I'd bet that you could buy the intake (the piece that bolts to the engine that the carb bolts to) and use it that way. The cheap, Chinese carbs don't always work well. Their quality seems to be hit and miss.

Eberanth
11-14-2021, 10:17 AM
Hi All, I just bought a YTM 200 and the carb leaks fuel like crazy from the bottom spigot. You can see in the pic this one has a hose that is plugged. I wondering what is causing this issueo is this a drain of some sort for the bowl for maintenance and should do the same as pictured?

El Camexican
11-14-2021, 09:49 PM
Hi All, I just bought a YTM 200 and the carb leaks fuel like crazy from the bottom spigot. You can see in the pic this one has a hose that is plugged. I wondering what is causing this issueo is this a drain of some sort for the bowl for maintenance and should do the same as pictured?

No photos in your post.

Yes, there is a drain bolt on the bottom of the float bowl. Without seeing the photo, I can’t determine what you’re talking about when you say the hose is plugged, but Yamaha did have a one-way valve option on the vent tube. Maybe that’s what you’re talking about? I guess the other option is that the bleed screw at the bottom of the float bowl is damaged and somebody decided to just plug the hose.

I seem to recall you have to get 20 posts up before you can add photos to threads, so just reply here with some sort of gibberish a couple more times and then you should be able to get the photos posted up.

350for350
11-15-2021, 09:59 PM
I think he was talking about the bowl drain hose. In the pictures in the first post, that is plugged with what looks like a bolt.

El Camexican
11-15-2021, 10:44 PM
I think he was talking about the bowl drain hose. In the pictures in the first post, that is plugged with what looks like a bolt.

Gotcha. I didn’t look at those photos.that’s a lovely upgrade on that carb :lol: