PDA

View Full Version : The 2018-2019 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup Playoff Challenge

bkm
04-07-2019, 11:02 AM
The greatest time of the year, the NHL Playoffs, are once again upon us and the matchups have been set and will begin early this week.

Our Hockey Mexican will be along shortly to breakdown the points structure for his bracketology thing he normally has going on that I still don't understand.

Look over the teams and get your first round picks lined up.

El Camexican
04-07-2019, 09:37 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for the best darn game on Earth! :Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

Same rules as last year and the year before that and the year before that one and so on. Ladders are below. You have till puck drop prior to any series start to make any changes to your picks.

HOW TO PLAY:
As always anyone can play. Gather points by picking winners using the method of your choice. Don’t worry if you haven’t kept up with hockey this season, or even if you don’t know anything about hockey, just chose your favorite laundry and if you’re wrong blame it on the officiating.

POINTS SYSTEM:
As with previous years I will post a list of pairings for each round. Participants will copy paste and post the list as well as type in a winner and how many of the scheduled 7 games they feel it will take for their pick to get to 4 wins, but again this year to lessen the chance of a tie there are additional points for those who wish to pick Conference winners and a Cup winner at the onset of the playoffs for 5 extra points of each correct Conference pick and 10 for the Cup winner to be added to your totals at the end of the playoffs. You may feel dirty picking a team you don’t like to win, but it’s the only way to make points at times.

- Pick your Conference winners (5 points each) and Cup winner (10 points) for up to 20 points
- The first round awards 1 point for picking a winner and 1 point for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the first round is 16
- The second round awards 2 points for picking a winner and 2 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16
- The third round awards 4 points for picking a winner and 4 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the third round is 16
- The final awards 8 points for picking the winner and 8 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16

Here are the pairings for the 2019 Challenge.

WEST
Central
Predators VS Stars
Jets VS Blues

Pacific
Flames VS Avalanche
Sharks VS Golden Knights

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Hurricanes
Islanders VS Penguins

Atlantic
Lightning VS Blue Jackets
Bruins VS Leaf’s

Good luck to all!:beer

El Camexican
04-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Predators VS Stars – Stars in 6
Jets VS Blues – Blues in 5
Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 5
Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 7
Capitals VS Hurricanes – Caps in 7
Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 7
Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 6
Bruins VS Leaf’s – Leaf’s in 7

Western Conference Champs - Flames
Eastern Conference Champs – Lightning
Stanley Cup Champions – Lightning

86T3
04-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Predators VS Stars – Press in 6
Jets VS Blues – Jets in 5
Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 6
Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 5
Capitals VS Hurricanes – Caps in 6
Islanders VS Penguins – Pens in 5
Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 6
Bruins VS Leaf’s – Leaf’s in 6

Western Conference Champs - Nashville

bkm
04-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Predators VS Stars – Preds in 6

Jets VS Blues – Jets in 6

Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 4

Sharks VS Golden Knights – Knights in 7

Capitals VS Hurricanes – Canes (Jerks)in 7

Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 7

Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 4

Bruins VS Leaf’s – Baby Bears in 6

Western Conference Champs - Knights

keister
04-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Optimism is high here in Pittsburgh after the 4 game sweep of Cincinnati over the weekend. The rotation is leading the majors in ERA and ......... oh wait...... this game is about that sport that fills the gap between the super bowl and MLB opening day.

I was fortunate enough to be in the building a few weeks ago when Markin scored his 1000th point. Same game that cave boy got his 1200th point on our ice. Bitersweet, yes, but we got the W so that's what matters in the end. I can't pick the Pens this year after Tampa Bay essentially lapped the field during the regular season. Doesn't much matter who wins out west either, as those 8 teams are rather pedestrian.

Tampa Bay over Columbus in 5
Bruins over Leafs in 6
Caps over Canes in 6
Pens over Islanders in 7

Predators over Stars in 6
Jets over Blues in 7
Calgary over Colorado in 6
Vegas over San Jose in 7

Lighting wins the East
Flamers win the West

Lighting in 5 for the cup.

Aulbaugh
04-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Hello Gentleman, so glad to be here and part of this game! Best of luck to everyone and enjoy the playoffs!

Predators VS Stars- Stars in 7
Jets VS Blues-Jets in 7

Flames VS Avalanche- Flames in 5
Sharks VS Golden Knights- Sharks in 6

Capitals VS Hurricanes-Caps in 6
Islanders VS Penguins-Pens in 6

Lightning VS Blue Jackets- Lightning in 5
Bruins VS Leaf’s-Bruins in 7

Western Conference Champs - Jets

El Camexican
04-10-2019, 07:46 PM
Western Conference Champs - Jets

El Camexican LIKES this post!

kevin
04-10-2019, 09:09 PM
Go jets go!!!

86T3
04-13-2019, 01:36 PM
After Rock and Rolling all night, and partying half of the day yesterday I found myself shaking the cobwebs out of my brain this morning. I figured I'd take a peek at the results from last night, when I saw the Lightning and Pens were both down 2-0, I have to say I'm completely shocked. I know it's a 7 game series, and CBJ was in this same position last year before they dropped 4 straight, but dang. Any thoughts?

bkm
04-13-2019, 02:12 PM
After Rock and Rolling all night, and partying half of the day yesterday I found myself shaking the cobwebs out of my brain this morning. I figured I'd take a peek at the results from last night, when I saw the Lightning and Pens were both down 2-0, I have to say I'm completely shocked. I know it's a 7 game series, and CBJ was in this same position last year before they dropped 4 straight, but dang. Any thoughts?First rule about playoff hockey is you don't talk about playoff hockey.

El Camexican
04-14-2019, 01:34 AM
Just for you joe. These guys were in line with me today at a race, I was wearing my Jets hat. The Jets guy was born in Winnipeg, but lived in Seattle. The Buffalo guy was from New York and we all ended up in the same line together in Austin Texas. The world is a wonderful place. :beer

86T3
04-14-2019, 09:41 PM
That's pretty awesome Nico. What was the purpose of the trip?

El Camexican
04-14-2019, 11:42 PM
That's pretty awesome Nico. What was the purpose of the trip?

Moto GP in Austin TX. I have a ton of photos I plan to post soon.

keister
04-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Penguins are about to get swept. Although this isn't really an upset, the Islanders are the higher seed.
I would have been shocked to see the Lightning get bounced in the first round, but swept!?!
What are the odds? Apparently the same as Tiger Woods coming back to win the Masters after 14 years. :wondering

86T3
04-17-2019, 05:49 PM
So..... everyone picked the Lightning to win the cup, and everyone but BKM and Elcamexican picked the Penguins. What a crazy year so far. Hopefully this is the start of a decade of disappointment for the Penguins and I get to see how many of these die hard fans are actually diehards. More pointed at my Canadian relatives that my friends who live in PA

keister
04-18-2019, 11:30 AM
So..... everyone picked the Lightning to win the cup, and everyone but BKM and Elcamexican picked the Penguins. What a crazy year so far. Hopefully this is the start of a decade of disappointment for the Penguins and I get to see how many of these die hard fans are actually diehards. More pointed at my Canadian relatives that my friends who live in PA

You have friends in PA?

El Camexican
04-18-2019, 11:13 PM
The Winnipeg Whiteout looks more like a Wipeout. It sucks to suck.

Aulbaugh
04-18-2019, 11:58 PM
The Winnipeg Whiteout looks more like a Wipeout. It sucks to suck.

that one was a kick in the you know what.

redsox
04-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Hello gents! Been awhile. Bruins are up against it. About a 2 months ago i thought they were putting a run together. They just look slow and flat.

86T3
04-22-2019, 01:00 AM
I listened to the Bruins game while driving today, sounded like a pretty solid win with just a little excitement at the end. I know I picked the Queefs to win but I would really like to be wrong here.

I shamelessly stole this from facebook tonight

keister
04-22-2019, 12:13 PM
I would have fared better in the first round if I had just picked the underdog in each series.
Actually, both 8 seeds have eliminated the #1's, so Columbus and Colorado are looking like the favorites at this point.

86T3
04-23-2019, 07:36 PM
I'm sitting at the Niagara Falls (US) airport waiting to fly down to Orlando. Typically, this flight is about 85% Canadians. I've overheard lots of stories about Gretzky, Rob Ford, milk in bags, just about anything Canadian over the years. When the flight lands at 1030, assuming no one had their phone one during the flight, this plane is either going to erupt in cheers or groans. If it's groans, I'm planning on starting an "Overrated" chant. Depending on how many in flight cocktails I have. I never thought I'd say this, but please let March and score a hat trick and let the Bruins steam roll the Queefs

El Camexican
04-23-2019, 08:10 PM
Typically, this flight is about 85% Canadians. I've overheard lots of stories about Gretzky, Rob Ford, milk in bags, just about anything Canadian over the years.

What did one Canadian pilot say to the other?
Take off eh!

86T3
04-24-2019, 12:18 AM
The tires barely hit the ground and I heard "5-1". It was 2-0 Bruins when I had to turn my phone off so I knew the less evil side had won. Hopefully the Bruins get swept next round. I'm from Buffalo, the only thing I have is hate anymore

Aulbaugh
04-24-2019, 10:11 AM
What a game lastnight against the Knights and the Sharks! Anybody stay up for that one? That 3rd period for the Sharks was amazing!

bkm
04-24-2019, 04:10 PM
The first rule of playoff hockey is don't talk about playoff hockey!

Aulbaugh
04-24-2019, 05:15 PM
The first rule of playoff hockey is don't talk about playoff hockey!

My fault, got excited.

bkm
04-24-2019, 09:41 PM
My fault, got excited.This only counts if your team is still in it.

bkm
04-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Blues vs. Stars- Stars in 6

Avalanche vs. San Jose- Avalanche in 7

Bruins vs. Blue Jackets- Bruins in 6

Hurricanes vs. Isles- Isles in 7

El Camexican
04-25-2019, 08:57 AM
The results of the First Round are as follows:

WEST
Central
Predators VS Stars – Stars in 6
Jets VS Blues – Blues in 6

Pacific
Flames VS Avalanche – Avalanche in 5
Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Hurricanes - Hurricanes in 7
Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 4

Atlantic
Lightning VS Blue Jackets - Blue Jackets in 4
Bruins VS Leaf’s – Bruins in 7

Your point leaders are:

Camexican – 6 points
Hondatcs – 4 points
bkm - 4 points
86T3 – 1 point (2018 Champion)
Keister – 1 point

If anyone cares to check the math….

El Camexican
Predators VS Stars – Stars in 6 – 2 points
Jets VS Blues – Blues in 5 – 1 point
Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 5 – 0 points
Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 7 – 2 points
Capitals VS Hurricanes – Caps in 7 – 0 points
Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 7 – 1 point
Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 6 – 0 points
Bruins VS Leaf’s – Leaf’s in 7 – 0 points

86T3
Predators VS Stars – Press in 6 – 0 points
Jets VS Blues – Jets in 5 – 0 points
Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 6 – 0 points
Sharks VS Golden Knights – Sharks in 5 – 1 point
Capitals VS Hurricanes – Caps in 6 – 0 points
Islanders VS Penguins – Pens in 5 – 0 points
Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 6 – 0 points
Bruins VS Leaf’s – Leaf’s in 6 – 0 points

bkm
Predators VS Stars – Preds in 6 – 0 points
Jets VS Blues – Jets in 6 – 0 points
Flames VS Avalanche – Flames in 4 – 0 points
Sharks VS Golden Knights – Knights in 7 – 0 points
Capitals VS Hurricanes – Canes (Jerks)in 7 – 2 points
Islanders VS Penguins – Islanders in 7 – 1 point
Lightning VS Blue Jackets _ Lightning in 4 – 0 points
Bruins VS Leaf’s – Baby Bears in 6 – 1 point

Hondatcs
Predators VS Stars- Stars in 7 – 1 point
Jets VS Blues-Jets in 7 – 0 points
Flames VS Avalanche- Flames in 5 – 0 points
Sharks VS Golden Knights- Sharks in 6 – 1 point
Capitals VS Hurricanes-Caps in 6 – 0 points
Islanders VS Penguins-Pens in 6 – 0 points
Lightning VS Blue Jackets- Lightning in 5 – 0 points
Bruins VS Leaf’s-Bruins in 7 – 2 points

Keister
Tampa Bay over Columbus in 5 – 0 points
Bruins over Leafs in 6 – 1 point
Caps over Canes in 6 – 0 points
Pens over Islanders in 7 – 0 points
Predators over Stars in 6 – 0 points
Jets over Blues in 7 – 0 points
Calgary over Colorado in 6 – 0 points
Vegas over San Jose in 7 – 0 points

El Camexican
04-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Here are the 2nd Round Pairings

WEST
Blues VS Stars
Sharks VS Avalanche

EAST
Islanders VS Hurricanes
Bruins VS Blue Jackets

El Camexican
04-25-2019, 09:00 AM
My second round picks....

Blues VS Stars – Blues in 5
Sharks VS Avalanche – Avalanche in 7
Islanders VS Hurricanes – Islanders in 7
Bruins VS Blue Jackets – Blue Jackets in 6

Aulbaugh
04-25-2019, 12:31 PM
Blues VS Stars – Stars in 6
Sharks VS Avalanche – Sharks in 7
Islanders VS Hurricanes – Islanders in 6
Bruins VS Blue Jackets – Blue Jackets in 6

86T3
04-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Blues vs. Stars- Blued in 7

Avalanche vs. San Jose- San Jose in 5

Bruins vs. Blue Jackets- Blue Jackets in 6

Hurricanes vs. Isles- Isles in 6

BKM, your superstition showed in your pick. Lmao.

I'm going to start rooting exclusively for the Blue Jackets, a friend from college works in their media department. I hope my mojo from last year carries over.

bkm
04-25-2019, 11:48 PM
Blues vs. Stars- Blued in 7

Avalanche vs. San Jose- San Jose in 5

Bruins vs. Blue Jackets- Blue Jackets in 6

Hurricanes vs. Isles- Isles in 6

BKM, your superstition showed in your pick. Lmao.

I'm going to start rooting exclusively for the Blue Jackets, a friend from college works in their media department. I hope my mojo from last year carries over.I don't know what you're talking about?

El Camexican
04-26-2019, 11:37 AM
Keister, where are you???? :wondering

To be fair to all involved anyone who hasn't posted their picks prior to the first puck drop will be penalized 1 point for each game that started prior to them posting their choice.

keister
04-26-2019, 12:42 PM
I was caught in the throes of Bring Your Kid to Work Day yesterday. I did login here and was about to make my picks yesterday at lunch, however I was informed by a 5-year-old that it was not acceptable to be on my computer during lunch time. Then I just never got back to it until I woke up this morning and realized the second round had begun. As it stands right now, my current score is -1. Not a great plus-minus to have after one round.

WEST
Blues VS Stars - Stars in 7.
Sharks VS Avalanche - Sharks in 6.

EAST
Islanders VS Hurricanes - Islanders in 5
Bruins VS Blue Jackets - Bruins in 6.

While my pick indicates otherwise, I will also be pulling for Columbus through the rest of the playoffs.

El Camexican
04-26-2019, 06:11 PM
I was caught in the throes of Bring Your Kid to Work Day yesterday. I did login here and was about to make my picks yesterday at lunch, however I was informed by a 5-year-old that it was not acceptable to be on my computer during lunch time. Then I just never got back to it until I woke up this morning and realized the second round had begun. As it stands right now, my current score is -1. Not a great plus-minus to have after one round.

WEST
Blues VS Stars - Stars in 7.
Sharks VS Avalanche - Sharks in 6.

EAST
Islanders VS Hurricanes - Islanders in 5
Bruins VS Blue Jackets - Bruins in 6.

While my pick indicates otherwise, I will also be pulling for Columbus through the rest of the playoffs.

As you still picked the Stars after a game one loss and shamelessly placed the blame for your tardiness on a 5 year old child I guess the 3WW Hockey Federation can lower your punishment to just 1 point for picking Boston after a win. Consider yourself at 0 points.

86T3
04-26-2019, 11:46 PM
I don't know what you're talking about?

You picked your home town team's opponent in 6 in round 1, your team won. You picked the home team's opponent in 6 in round 2,.....

bkm
04-26-2019, 11:56 PM
You picked your home town team's opponent in 6 in round 1, your team won. You picked the home team's opponent in 6 in round 2,.....Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Aulbaugh
04-27-2019, 07:12 AM
As you still picked the Stars after a game one loss and shamelessly placed the blame for your tardiness on a 5 year old child I guess the 3WW Hockey Federation can lower your punishment to just 1 point for picking Boston after a win. Consider yourself at 0 points.

Well played.

and shamelessly placed the blame for your tardiness on a 5 year old child

This was funny!

bkm
05-09-2019, 03:36 AM
Blues vs. Sharks- Sharks in 6
Bruins vs. Canes- Bruins in 6

El Camexican
05-09-2019, 03:48 AM
Blues in 5
Canes in 7

Points will be put up ASAP

Aulbaugh
05-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Blues in 6
Bruins in 7

86T3
05-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Bruins in 5
Sharks in 6

keister
05-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Bruins in 6
Sharks in 7

El Camexican
05-09-2019, 06:50 PM
Broadcasting live from Fabulous Las Vegas this week, so expect delays.

Near as I can figure the points after the second round are as follows:

Camexican – 8 points
Hondatcs – 8 points
bkm - 6 points
86T3 – 7 points (2018 Champion)
Keister – 4 points

bkm
05-21-2019, 10:50 PM
Bruins in 6

Aulbaugh
05-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Blues in 6!!!

El Camexican
05-22-2019, 01:44 AM
I’m taking the Blues in five again.

This is a destiny team if there ever was. An interim coach and a back up goalie leading a team that was in dead last halfway through the season, sounds like a Hollywood script.

These guys are the bad news Bears of the NHL, besides Don Cherry and a bunch of people that sound like Mayor Diamond Joe Quimby when they talk I doubt many people will be pulling for the Bruins.

keister
05-22-2019, 01:19 PM
With my prognostication abilities, and as my score reflects, I might as well pick the Quebec Nordiques in 9 games.

Screw it! Chowderheads in 7.

86T3
05-22-2019, 03:05 PM
I'm really torn here. Man, I hate the Bruins, but having to hear from BKM about how the Sabres got butt raped in the Orielly trade really stings too. Picking the lesser of 2 evils, I'm hoping for Blues in 6. And hoping Marchand gets knocked out in 2

El Camexican
05-22-2019, 06:12 PM
Here ya go boys.

Hondatcs – 16 points
Camexican – 12 points
86T3 – 11 points (2018 Champion)
bkm - 10 points
Keister – 8 points

bkm
05-22-2019, 08:16 PM
I'm really torn here. Man, I hate the Bruins, but having to hear from BKM about how the Sabres got butt raped in the Orielly trade really stings too. Picking the lesser of 2 evils, I'm hoping for Blues in 6. And hoping Marchand gets knocked out in 2Trading away a Selke candidate who helped his new team get to the cup for the first time in 49 years, for a late round 1st, late 2nd, two salary dumps, and a fledgling prospect is nothing to hang your head over.

86T3
05-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Trading away a Selke candidate who helped his new team get to the cup for the first time in 49 years, for a late round 1st, late 2nd, two salary dumps, and a fledgling prospect is nothing to hang your head over.

Guys a bum. Is it too late to change my pick?

keister
05-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Guys a bum. Is it too late to change my pick?

Not by a long shot. Apparently the NHL is taking a week off after the Western Finals to make sure the games line up to maximize TV advertising dollars. In reality, NBC probably dictates the schedule, not the NHL. The Bruins will have been sitting closer to 2 weeks when (if) the puck ever drops on this series. Two weeks off worked for the Patriots and the super bowl this year. Might as well do the same for the Bruins.

El Camexican
05-25-2019, 10:32 AM
Poor Boston fans, sooooo “tired of winning”. (BTW, my second favorite Trump quote)

Maybe St. Louis can help them with their dilemma by “winning bigly” (my favorite Trump quote)

redsox
05-28-2019, 09:27 AM
One ...............

bkm
05-30-2019, 12:16 AM
When you start getting random text messages from unknown numbers of bear emoji's from Massachusetts area codes, you know it's real.

86T3
06-03-2019, 11:43 PM
It's all knotted up! 3 game series! Which is of my 2 friends who I've never met will celebrate the cup?

El Camexican
06-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!! 7:00pm CST, don’t miss history!!!!

Aulbaugh
06-07-2019, 01:20 AM
I'll have my popcorn ready for sure!!!!

El Camexican
06-08-2019, 08:40 AM
Blues in 6!!!

Looking like a pretty good pick right about now. :beer

bkm
06-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Haven't been able to sleep since Thursday and my stomach is in knots that only rival the birth of my kids. This has been the most unnerving 3 months of my life.

Aulbaugh
06-09-2019, 09:44 AM
Haven't been able to sleep since Thursday and my stomach is in knots that only rival the birth of my kids. This has been the most unnerving 3 months of my life.

I got a buddy up in MO that I have been talking too since the beginning of the NHL playoffs who has similar conditions! Him and I had made a little bet on the second round of the playoffs,(Blues vs Stars) which consisted of the loser(me)buying the winners jersey, take a picture in the jersey and send it to the winner. It sucked losing that bet but has been bada$$ watching the games and talking/texing back and forth with him. I've been pulling for the Blues since they sent us packing in the second round. Sure would be fun to be at that game tonight.......O'er the land of the free and the home of the Blues.

El Camexican
06-09-2019, 09:55 AM
I got a buddy up in MO that I have been talking too since the beginning of the NHL playoffs who has similar conditions! Him and I had made a little bet on the second round of the playoffs,(Blues vs Stars) which consisted of the loser(me)buying the winners jersey, take a picture in the jersey and send it to the winner. It sucked losing that bet but has been bada$$ watching the games and talking/texing back and forth with him. I've been pulling for the Blues since they sent us packing in the second round. Sure would be fun to be at that game tonight.......O'er the land of the free and the home of the Blues.

With the exeption of the Yankees I usually pull for the team that takes mine out. In some way seeing the Blues win the Cup makes the Jets (or in your case Dallas) second loser by default, but with the Jets gone what’s really making this series special is knowing what it means to bkm to see the Blues get this far and hoping I’ll get to feel this way one year.

BTW, having the Raptors make the NBA final does nothing for me, unless of course they took the Yankees out to get there.

Aulbaugh
06-09-2019, 10:01 AM
Looking like a pretty good pick right about now. :beer

Hey I got Bob Sugar on the other line. I better hear you say it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc

Aulbaugh
06-09-2019, 10:09 AM
With the exeption of the Yankees I usually pull for the team that takes mine out.

That 04 Red Sox vs Yankees ALCS was one of the best series I have ever watched! I will remember that series for as long as I live!

86T3
06-09-2019, 03:38 PM
That 04 Red Sox vs Yankees ALCS was one of the best series I have ever watched! I will remember that series for as long as I live!

I only payed attention to 2 MLB post seasons, 03 and 04. I was in college and my roommates were all big sports fans. Those 2 years were absolutely incredible, I feel like there is nothing that can compare to those series. That probably ruined baseball for me.

Aulbaugh
06-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Got some pictures from my buddy up in MO that powdercoats my parts. Did I mention he powdercoats the Blues frames.

Aulbaugh
06-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Two of the best words in sports: Game 7

El Camexican
06-12-2019, 10:35 PM
I’m taking the Blues in five again.

This is a destiny team if there ever was. An interim coach and a back up goalie leading a team that was in dead last halfway through the season, sounds like a Hollywood script.

Just thought I’d repost this

El Camexican
06-12-2019, 10:43 PM

That was worth the wait.

Aulbaugh
06-12-2019, 10:47 PM
What another great year for the NHL plyoffs!!!! Congrats to the Blues for an outstanding year and from going from last to first!!! Congrats Bryan on the win! You'll see an E:60 on 2018-2019 Blues season!!! Awesome year again with all you trike buddies doing this game we play!!

El Camexican
06-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Congratulations to you too! I’ll get the points posted up tomorrow.

El Camexican
06-12-2019, 10:56 PM

So ends another awesome NHL season. Enjoy your year with the Cup Bryan
:beer

bkm
06-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Oh boy, where to start? First I want to thank one of my best buds El, who never gave up on this team even when I did multiple times. I don't think there was a playoff game where we didn't text back and forth. Joe was there through it all too, and Dan was an absolute class act throughout the whole finals.

If sports aren't your thing, I can get why you'd look at me like I've got three heads growing out of my neck, but this sport means so much more to me than just being a game. From the time that I could remember, Blues hockey was a way of life for my family. My grandpa used to take me out of school to go watch training camp, my dad taught me how to skate, and up until their deaths in '10 and '07 respectfully, they lived it and breathed it.

I've watched Presidents trophy winning teams lose in the first round, I've watched division champs get swept by the 8th place teams. I've watched heartache after heartache with this team, and swore I'd never devote another second of my life to it more times than I can count, and yet came back every year. This isn't like the Cubs, because historically they were absolutely horrible teams with no chance of winning, but the Blues were always touted as a contender almost every year, only to fold up like a cheap tent.

And here we are, at a place I never thought I'd be, even as recent as before game 7 started. I didn't think we had a chance because this entire fanbase is predisposed to being let down year after year, and like I said, here we are, the 2019 Stanley Cup Champs.

God bless it, what a sport!

roostin atc
06-13-2019, 01:59 AM
https://youtu.be/62XRy-jFCm8
We'll be back

El Camexican
06-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Gentlemen, here are the results. Congratulation to our first time winner Hondatc :beer

Hondatcs – 24 points – (2019 Champion)
Camexican – 20 points – (2015 & 2017 Champion)
86T3 – 19 points - (2018 Champion)
bkm - 10 points – (Nothing yet, but give him another 50 years and lookout!)
Keister – 8 points (*2016 Champion)

Hopefully some of the other hockey fans on here will join us next year.

yaegerb
06-13-2019, 08:10 PM
Gentlemen, here are the results. Congratulation to our first time winner Hondatc :beer

Hopefully some of the other hockey fans on here will join us next year.

Nice job Joey! So el, what does he win?

El Camexican
06-13-2019, 10:03 PM

Well, it may not seem like much, but for the next 12 months he’s the man that women want and that men want to be.

keister
06-14-2019, 12:33 PM

A free beer at the top of Devil's Backbone, exactly one week from today! Must be present to win.

bkm
06-14-2019, 07:28 PM

Hopefully some of the other hockey fans on here will join us next year.I've never been happier to pick the wrong teams.

bkm
06-16-2019, 10:12 AM
!BREAKING NEWS!

The St. Louis Blues are still your 2019 Stanley Cup Champions!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190616/1deb06a11e1a3842fab92ac47844e16d.jpg

DAM shop
05-01-2020, 08:13 AM
Hi, this is Troy Robillard. I was wondering if you had time this evening to talk to us about NCSA?

I received this text yesterday, not knowing who this TROY guy was I did a search. Supposedly some hockey player. Now he either sent this to me by accident or it’s some kind of scam.