PDA

View Full Version : Atc250es no spark

Homeless Dave
04-09-2019, 06:28 PM
I'm trying to revise a 1987 250es. It currently has no spark and I'm unsure of what to do I tried stripping back spark plug wire I put on a different plug that I knew was good and I know the neutral safety work. the battery kind of held charge for an hour or so ,I determined the starter doesn't work however. but I'm not quite sure what my issue is is maybe the CDI box bad? Im new to CDI ignition, I have only messed with points style ignition. This 3 wheeler has been sitting about 2 years.

atc007
04-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Use a NEW plug not a good plug. New. Does the keyswitch seem to work? You can tear the kill switch apart. Sometimes a spider nest/corrosion in there is the culprit. My money is on the Stator. Search out the Ohms and wires to check. Simple to do if it is stator.

Homeless Dave
04-09-2019, 10:59 PM
The key switch works as does the neutral and reverse ligths. Headlight and tail lights seen fine. Kill switch is torn apart already. Is the stator by the flywheel or is that the pulser?

gimmeamidget
04-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Did you test the starter by putting 12 bolts directly to it or just by pushing the button? I would double check switch or fuse.