PDA

View Full Version : Tri moto 175

92wrangler
04-15-2019, 12:46 PM
I have a yt175, that's all the nameplate says, is there any way to find what the last letter is, or any indications of the year. I'm also looking for a carb rebuild kit, are those kits typically sold for these or do you have to order the individual parts. Having a hard time fibeing a rebuild kit with the model #, I'm trying to get time to pull the carb for more info. Thanks in advance for the help.

nmarciano19
04-15-2019, 08:29 PM
When i was getting my 83 yt125 going, i went looking for a carb kit and wasnt able to find any. All i needed was a needle so i called mikuni and found one that was pretty close to the original.

What carb do you have?

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

nmarciano19
04-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Heres a link for the service manuals
Www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126386-YT125-YT175-Service-Data

Here is a list of serial codes to help you find the year. You can find the serial either on your engine or steerin shaft
Www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/132415-Yamaha-serial-VIN-numbers

92wrangler
04-15-2019, 10:07 PM
Ok, at least I'm not the only one. I haven't had a chance to pull the carb yet, I was hoping I could find a kit through the model of the machine but I couldn't find a kit, just single pieces. I guess I'll just pull it apart and see what individual parts I'll need thanks for the input. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have it apart

92wrangler
04-15-2019, 10:08 PM
That's awesome, thank you!

nmarciano19
04-15-2019, 10:43 PM
That's awesome, thank you!No problem. I did the same thing, pull the carb replaced what i needed. Right now i have my engine out due to it leaking tranny oil from the case. So i figure might as well replace any bearings or seals that are bad or are looking like they show any signs of wear. And of course just when i start tearing in to her i get the itch to ride[emoji35]

92wrangler
04-16-2019, 12:12 PM
That's how it always goes!

RubberSalt
05-01-2019, 02:47 AM
Not much wears out in these carbs. You can clean the needle and seat up with a qtip and some tooth paste. Just work it back and forth. Check your float height. Some will have worn a small hole on the tang of the floats where the needle rides against.

92wrangler
05-01-2019, 09:52 AM
I quickly noticed that this carb was different than I expected. I'm used to chainsaw carbs. I really didn't have to do much with it, everything looked clean, adjusted the float and put her back on.

nmarciano19
05-01-2019, 10:07 AM
I quickly noticed that this carb was different than I expected. I'm used to chainsaw carbs. I really didn't have to do much with it, everything looked clean, adjusted the float and put her back on.Hopefully that does it.

RubberSalt
05-01-2019, 02:48 PM
These carbs are pretty simple. Almost all 2 stroke carbs operate the exact same as these. If you can clean and repair this, you can do all 2 stroke carbs. Be sure to set your air screw about 1 1/2 turns out increase the idle to 1500 RPM. From here, you can tune your pilot circuit.

If your switching to premix, you may need to increase your main jet 1-2 size. 32:1 is a good ratio for these old machines.

Youll notice 2 stroke and 4 stroke carbs are different. The 2 stroke has an air screw near the air filter side. This is used to adjust the pilot circuit.
The 4 stroke have a fuel screw next to the motor side (typically underneath). These adjust the fuel the motor is getting from the pilot circuit.