PDA

View Full Version : I'm really lost with my Pops YouTube question...

Dirtcrasher
05-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Hi guys:

PC WIN10 latest - not Mobile:

Suddenly, after BOZO touched things he shouldn't touch (DO NOT BUY A TOUCH SCREE FOR ELDERLY PEOPLE!!), he cannot see nor make any comment/comments.

He clicks on things randomly and I have to get him out of the hole he dug! I guess that's proper after I put him thru the ringer as a kid.

I dorked around settings, account, advanced for the past hour, I cannot find it.

Bear in mind, there are NO COMMENTS at all, not just that he cannot reply, they are not there. He has not ever even commented, I was teaching him about avoiding "clickbait".

I signed him out (so it should be default now), and still no comments.

I searched and followed any and all YT's suggestions, no luck.

I googled the issue and found hundreds/thousands of people with the same exact question, 98% of which are not answered.

The very few answers I have found, do not work OR, I cannot find the particular step under account/settings/advanced.

It's making me crazy, okay, I'm already crazy, it is making me want to smash his computer over his head while he sits in the truck I bought him that he dented 2X before I even made the 1st payment...

For some reason I feel better after venting that. I thank you for any help whatsover with the issue.

Yours truly, BOZO#2... :D

El Camexican
05-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Well Steve, this may not answer your question, but it might give you an idea as to what the problem is.

I have the same operating system as your father, but I don’t think that is the issue. Sometime ago I attempted to get back into my old YouTube channel only to find out that not only had I forgotten the password, but that there was no way to recover it anymore because Microsoft took over YouTube (I think) and now you need a Microsoft password to do anything with YouTube.

Because I had not logged in to my YouTube channel for so many years, the window of opportunity to re-register it with Microsoft had passed. In theory I can still use it, but only if I can remember what the old password was and up till now I can’t.

Anyway, try setting your dad up with a Microsoft password and then try to register him in YouTube with that same password.

As always, you get what you pay for and this was free!

Dirtcrasher
05-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Thank you El, I shall take a looksie....

czac
05-29-2019, 08:14 AM
Yeah you need a gmail account (Google) to log on now. At least thats what I have to use... I have to log on with my Gmail email addy and use the same password for You Tube as I do Gmail. its kinda sucky now!
All these companies always buying and selling and changing the rules as they go really suck...
And I second the whole touch screen thing, I bought a convertible laptop with a touch screen because I thought I would like to use it like a tablet or watch Netflix or YouTube on it flipped over and upside down like a tee pee in which case you'd need and touch screen to use a key board...but I never do any of that because....why? lol its too big to use as a tablet.... BUT, the one thing I constantly do ALL the time is, while typing on it, one of my knuckles will accidentally touch the screen and BOOM... everything I typed will dissapear because I opened up a new website or clicked Back or what ever... lol
I wish there was a way to lock the touch screen or turn it off or disable it somehow.