PDA

View Full Version : 600 Bandit help with carbs

350Kris
02-18-2004, 10:39 AM
My buddy has a 600 Bandit streetbike and he is having some problems. Here's the background. He rode it for a year from new, then he put it in storage for a year. He used stabilizer in the fuel and filled the case with oil. When he got back he drained the fuel anyway, then cleaned both carbs really well. He also made sure the air cleaner was clean. Here are the symptoms -- when he revs it from idle it spikes high in RPMs but returns to idle very slowly like it wants to keep revving. It makes it very difficult in 1st and 2nd gears. Everything is stock. Please help.

350Kris
02-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Please help!

Dan Tenn
02-20-2004, 10:02 AM
If it was working fine before he took the carbs apart, I would have to say that they werent put back together properly. Redo the carbs.

rxraptor02
02-22-2004, 06:37 PM
check this site out. I have a buddy on the site and he has told me that the guys who are on the forum know their stuff.

they might be able to help you http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/

cliff2302
03-19-2004, 11:16 PM
i'd say the slides on the carb are stuck. I ran into the same problem on my KZ1000 that i had in my dwarf car. The slides didn't close freely because of the gum in the slides. linkage. Clean this real good with carb cleaner, and spray it with a lube. thant should do the trick. also, clean anything that is atached to tohe linkage, like the accelerator pump, cause that could hold the carbs up. good luck
Joe