PDA

View Full Version : 1981 ATC 200 resources and Fenders

Bob39666
05-19-2019, 02:27 PM
I have an ATC 200 that needs a ton of work done to it. A guy down the the road sold it to me for a $100.00. I recently finished an ATC 70 for my kids so I was thinking I would get it and restore one for myself. I’m quickly finding out that there aren’t nearly as many sites and resources out there as there were for the 70. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go for common engine parts such as gaskets, rebuild kits, carbs, and things of that nature. Another question that I had is whether or not maier makes repro. Fenders for the regular ATC 200. I can’t seem to find them and it looks like they have most the models except this one. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Lanix
05-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Ebay will get you most of the parts you are looking for.
Not sure on the fenders though

Lots of parts interchange between models/years. A good resource is Partzilla, here is a link to the 81 200: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1981/atc200-a

ps2fixer
05-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Yea the 200/200s and the 185/185s had quite a few interchangeable parts. I can't really list much off the top of my head, but I know year for year the 185 and 200 models line up for wire harnesses. Partzilla is a great resource for checking part number based interchanges. One tiny change to the part will charge the part number though, so it's not perfect.

I make/mod parts, depending what kind of restore you're doing, I can get you most electrical parts covered (headlight socket, left handle bar swtiches, bulbs, main harness and such). If you're going for OEM restore, then you'd need NOS parts which are probably pretty hard to find anymore.

Normally buying two of the same model and making one from the two isn't a bad idea. I've done that plenty of times.

If you need any electrical related help, let us know. I'm pretty good at figuring that stuff out, it just sometimes takes some multi meter readings to get in the right direction.

Either case good luck with your project.

red_russian1
05-20-2019, 05:02 PM
Dennis Kirk, eBay, Babbitts, Partszilla

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

350for350
05-21-2019, 09:09 PM
The fenders won't interchange between the plain 185/200 models and the 185s/200s models. They are totally different. They don't even bolt on the same way. Could you make them work? Possibly, but I don't think the end results would be very good.