PDA

View Full Version : Lifes lemons

Rob Canadian
06-06-2019, 09:16 PM
This is not a goodbye. I know I don't need a train announcement. I had a lot off fun on this forum. The members kept a smile on my face. I can't thank everyone for all their input. Props to all of you that responded and helped me out and the people that I helped out. *tips hat*

Welp. Divorce. Sold my '83 200X off last night. It went to a good home as I sold it to a friend. It was a great ride.

Time will tell. May and will sell the house in the future.

Wish me luck.
Rob

Scootertrash
06-06-2019, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Rob. I hope in the end everything turns out well for you

El Camexican
06-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Best of luck with it all Rob. Stuff happens for a reason.

x-rider
06-06-2019, 11:00 PM
Good luck. I’ve enjoyed your posts.

knappyfeet
06-06-2019, 11:21 PM
God I hate hearing things like this.

Good luck Rob with your situation........and sorry to hear that. Prayers for you buddy

coolpool
06-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Best of luck with your future endeavors bud! You've been a great contributor and hate to see you go. Keep lurking and contributing as time allows.

ironchop
06-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Damn Rob. I have no words.

I sure hope you stick around anyway. No reason to leave. I always liked your posts

You don't have to have a trike to talk about them....or shape-shifting aliens. You could even start a divorce thread after you've processed all this mess and I'll bet you get 17 pages of replies in 48 hrs.

Good luck, sir

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Troyg25
06-07-2019, 02:04 PM
All the best rob. Hope all works out in the long run for you.

Send me a message if you need a hand selling some stuff. I’m not far from you

plastikosmd
06-08-2019, 12:10 PM
And this too shall pass
Hang in, we are pulling for you

YTZ drew
06-08-2019, 02:15 PM
I very sorry to hear this. I wish you luck!

Rob Canadian
06-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Thank you everyone for the support. It means a lot to me. It does.

I have a great lawyer. Time will tell. I have all my ducks inline.:p

I have a great girlfriend. She lives only 3 miles from my house. We have been together for 4+ years now. She owns her place as do I. 2 mortgages.
Double the bills also. Water/ Gas/ Land tax/. It was time to be together. 1 house.

I plan on selling my house. I am cool with it.

ironchop
06-09-2019, 08:29 PM
I have a great girlfriend. She lives only 3 miles from my house. We have been together for 4+ years now. She owns her place as do I. 2 mortgages.
Double the bills also. Water/ Gas/ Land tax/. It was time to be together. 1 house.

So... you got a headstart on your divorce over four years ago [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

ironchop
06-09-2019, 09:03 PM
I "like" to load up the 250R ..........take a ride in the desert.............dig a nice hole.........and den come back later and fill the muvfucker .........there`s a lot of hol.....e`s in the desert .........and den roll that power off !..... ya ya know what i`m sayin ?[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Things that make you go 'hmmmm'

We got caves and sinkholes here... Big enough to put Corvettes in. You can fit two ppl in a Corvette and eight Corvettes in a sinkhole. Efficient.

Rob Canadian
06-11-2019, 06:03 PM
So... you got a headstart on your divorce over four years ago [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes.:p

It was around the same time that I found out she was dating a friend of mine. My XL250R is still in his name. :rolleyes: I think I may write a book.

This is Jerry Springer stuff...

You guy's make me laugh. I will still be kicking around here.

El Camexican
06-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Yes.:p

It was around the same time that I found out she was dating a friend of mine. My XL250R is still in his name. :rolleyes: I think I may write a book.

This is Jerry Springer stuff...

You guy's make me laugh. I will still be kicking around here.

You make darn sure to tell the Judge out loud that riding the bike was more fun than riding her. Getting stuff like that entered into record by the court reporter is what makes this kind of thing tolerable.

BTW, I think you just redefined my understanding of the term "Friends with benefits" :wondering

Dirtcrasher
06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Rob, losing my wife/best friend to her cocaine addiction was the worst, but also the best thing to ever happen to me.

If you truly cared about her, the pain doesn't go away very fast; But, it does go away in time. I'm so happy to no longer be concerned being a loner.

When she left, I rented out the 2 upstairs bedrooms in this 2 year old house she HAD TO HAVE!! to 2 - 21 y.o. old girls, and those girls pretty much paid my mortgage until times were better.

I thought things would never get better, and they have their up and downs, but overall I just have 1 person to worry about now, and my dad and 3 kitty cats :D

I honestly was able to save more money and acquired more toys once I was single again.

I don't know how Canada laws affect a divorce, hope it's not a disaster...

ironchop
06-19-2019, 03:41 PM
Don't go away mad..... Just go away

https://youtu.be/QNCM8IjtQ-o
https://youtu.be/byEGjLU2egA
https://youtu.be/pc0mxOXbWIU

Rob Canadian
06-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Rob, losing my wife/best friend to her cocaine addiction was the worst, but also the best thing to ever happen to me.

If you truly cared about her, the pain doesn't go away very fast; But, it does go away in time. I'm so happy to no longer be concerned being a loner.

When she left, I rented out the 2 upstairs bedrooms in this 2 year old house she HAD TO HAVE!! to 2 - 21 y.o. old girls, and those girls pretty much paid my mortgage until times were better.

I thought things would never get better, and they have their up and downs, but overall I just have 1 person to worry about now, and my dad and 3 kitty cats :D

I honestly was able to save more money and acquired more toys once I was single again.

I don't know how Canada laws affect a divorce, hope it's not a disaster...

Sorry to hear that DC. Glad things turned around for you... She stills holds a place in my heart. We never fought. There was no abuse at all. We were together for 17 years. She had a son from a previous marriage who was 2 when I met her. We had twins together (Now 20). We lived OK. After the twins I supported the family. 1 income. It was hard but we managed. After she walked out with her son from marriage 1. I kept the house and kept the twins with me (13). So I turned into dad/mom mode. Twins had medical things going on. I MANNED up. It has been a long road. Things got bad the last 2 years before she left. LIES. Spending $$$. Something had to give. 1 thing I can not stand is someone lying. I had house rules. House rules were broken from son1 (weed smoking) in the house. She took his side of things and here we are... LOL. I have a lot of stuff in my favour as far as the divorce goes. All I have to say is make sure you have a nice paper trail. Paper trial is your best trail. Trust me.

M.Pargiello
06-26-2019, 05:33 AM
Lol glamy ����

Rob Canadian
06-27-2019, 10:19 PM
You`re dad caught you smoking and he said .....NO WAY...........that hypocrite smokes 20 joints a day !...........you gotta fight .........for your right .........when dads not cool ! :wondering:wondering: :lol::wondering:(:(:cry::cry::cry: .........mommy whys daddy uncool ? ..........i don`t know ..........think i`ll get a divorce and take half his sh!t........because he`s uncool........weed smoking in the house ?...........Ercilla whack his pee pee !

I am cool glamy. I am no zombie. I know what is right and I will fight. Looks like you have a sticking period.....:confused:

Dirtcrasher
06-28-2019, 05:06 PM
I am cool glamy. I am no zombie. I know what is right and I will fight. Looks like you have a sticking period.....:confused:

Well, it honestly took 10 years to get over the wife, something would always creep up and trigger things, such as music, situations, physical items or land marks; It hurt everytime!!

Finally, I have zero FAHKS now being an unattached man, it took a long time to accept that. But I feel so much better now that I have accepted it and I remember some of the things that happened when I was still upset, and I just want to smack myself in the head.

Gotta make yourself happy first and now I can play all day on my backhoe without a care in the world.

I think I like building MX tracks and playing in the shop just as much as I do riding trikes...

I love it!! :D

Rob Canadian
08-06-2019, 07:50 PM
A bit of a update on this.

Next Tuesday Aug 13th we have a meeting. 4 of us. Her lawyer and her. My lawyer and me. All in 1 room. Sounds like a WWF match. Oh my bad... WWE.

This is where I here a bunch of lies from her and all the trama she has gone through and all the cards are on the table. Gloves are coming off. Lawyers are not cheap. $350.00 per hour. Heck I make >10% of that as a wage.

Should be interesting next Tuesday. I have good spirits about it and lots are in my favour. I know this is the interwebs. Thanks for taking the time to read.

IF I have to sell the house proto I will. I don't think it will come down to that. Plan on selling it next spring. Market is good.

Dirtcrasher
08-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Seems like one person within a marriage sometimes couldn't care less about throwing it all away, that always baffled me.

All ya can do is accept it and know in your heart you did the best you could do...

I went 5 years without a trike before and ended up getting back in years later, you'll be okay, I wish you the best!!

Rob Canadian
08-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Welp...

Things did not 100% the way I wanted it to. Cost me a bit more than I thought but could have been worse.
We settled on a 1 time payout. She could have dragged it out for another 6 years of support. Honestly she was decent about everything. Props to her.

Bottom line. I am happy with the outcome and so is she. This was a VICTORY for me. I don't have a forced sell on the house but still plan on selling it in the spring.

ironchop
08-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Good to hear that you didn't bleed too badly

Life goes on....

plastikosmd
08-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Usually the most fair deal is when both are not 100% happy (sorta like marriage anyway;)
Good luck

Rob Canadian
08-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Good to hear that you didn't bleed too badly

Life goes on....

Very true. I knew I owed her $$$ that was not a question. We kept the lawyer fees down by having this meeting and keeping out of the court system. I have friends that went through this sort of stuff. Lawyer fees $100,000. That is messed up.

ironchop
08-15-2019, 08:20 PM
Yeah I like the way Government turned marriage and divorce/child custody/child support all into a lucrative industry for them.

It's also precisely why I never got married. The whole thing is just too much risk (speaking for myself). My 'wife' and I have cohabitated for twenty years. She was married twice before. She also lost interest as well lol. What we have carries all the same expectations as a legal marriage and all the same commitment but without the need for intrusive and needlessly expensive government involvement.