PDA

View Full Version : rear tire recommendations

trevorakm
06-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Hello all, just got finished replacing bearings sprockets and chain on my 85" 350X. Looking to replace the rear tires and asking what most people are running. I like the Kenda bear claw but wondering if it will be too aggressive for trail riding. Do they break traction so the rear end can be slid out? Or can someone recommend a tire for the honda 350x.

thanks

Trevor

350for350
06-30-2019, 09:47 PM
I'm running a pair of CST Ambush 22x11-9 two plys and I LOVE them. I did buy them several years ago and it seems to be hard to find them in two ply any more.

Arky-X
07-01-2019, 05:36 PM
I ran ITP Holeshots years ago. Looks like the CST Ambush is about the same design as well as Maxxis Razr tires. Kind of a "square" tire rather than a "round" or balloon shape.

trevorakm
07-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Going to be riding trails mostly and the trike has hole shots on it now. I'm thinking the bear claws to be too aggressive and hinder the sliding ability. Replacing the front tire first as it's the original Ohtsu. I may just stick with the hole shot style of tire.

thanks

oldskool83
07-02-2019, 01:19 PM
stay with a 20" i road a 20x all day with some sti rear tires, its did ok but didnt want to slid in coal silt. Mudlites seems to spin better.

67Sport
07-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Ive got bearclaws on my 250sx. Theyre great, but they are too much tire really for the riding i do most of the time. Definately wouldnt want them on my 350x.
I have 22" ambushes on my 350x, and to be fair, i would almost prefer a little less aggressive tires on it too. I think the ambushes will get better as the pattern wears down, but with how much I ride, that may take a while.
My background is wheeling 4x's. I seem to lean to the aggressive side with trike tires, and I think they tend to do better with a little less traction, not more.
Unless you're doing something special with your x, I would stay away from the bearclaws.259183259184

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

200xpensive
07-03-2019, 06:51 AM
I've got itp holeshot HDs on mine

trevorakm
07-03-2019, 09:06 AM
You guys confirm it bear claws probably not what I want and will probably stay with a similar tire pattern I have now just newer.

Thanks for all the replies.

ironchop
07-03-2019, 09:38 AM
You guys confirm it bear claws probably not what I want and will probably stay with a similar tire pattern I have now just newer.

Thanks for all the replies.Off topic...... So the 'akm' part of your username...... Does that mean you like Soviet-designed boomsticks?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

dirtwheels
07-03-2019, 05:04 PM
If you want to stay with 20's, the HP Cheetahs are a good replica of the original Ohtsu tires, and they are a good all around tire.

http://www.hpcheetahtires.com/HP577c_MX_Trail.html
http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=309

trevorakm
07-03-2019, 09:12 PM
So the 'akm' part of your username...... Does that mean you like Soviet-designed boomsticks?

15 of them boom sticks, I've got, all different. Engineering marvel that has had an impact on history like no other.

trevorakm
07-03-2019, 09:16 PM
I just found those cheetahs web site but wasn't sure if that's where you order them from. I would really like to get their front tire as it really does look like the Ohtsu. I was just about to order the kenda 284? the one with all the straight lugs.

dirtwheels
07-03-2019, 10:58 PM
I just found those cheetahs web site but wasn't sure if that's where you order them from. I would really like to get their front tire as it really does look like the Ohtsu. I was just about to order the kenda 284? the one with all the straight lugs.

You can either use the contact form on the website or email them at sales@hpcheetahtires.com and they will send you an internet invoice. Sometimes he lists them on ebay but I have not seen them on there in a while. The fronts are nice. I got one a few months ago for a project I'm working on. Its basically an exact copy of the Ohtsu/Dunlop tread design in the 23" size.

ironchop
07-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Engineering marvel that has had an impact on history like no other.

Absolute fun to build from a flat too.

I dabble in AR, CETME, HK, AK and others but my go-to weapon is my milled Hungarian AK55 using 20rd tanker mags. Not only does it perform, it just feels right. I sold my M72 and would like to pick up a Yugo M70 stamped kit to build to replace the 72

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

trevorakm
07-04-2019, 12:00 AM
I just got a dummy rifle grenade and some blanks for my M70's. I always relight the night sights on my yugos. I just bought one of the James River Armory M72 builds the 16" barrel underfolder. Never built a full Ak only a couple of the atlantic firearms kits.