PDA

View Full Version : Drive Shaft Assembly in Car

Pierce1989
07-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Hey everyone, any car mechanics out there? My GF just got a multi-point inspection on her new-to-her 2006 Scion tC (front-wheel drive) car and the inspection says "RH Drive Shaft Assy." Like it's broken, and they charge $641.95 to repair it.

I don't have experience with car driveshafts besides greasing the zerks, but I'm mechanically inclined and have the tools. Is this something that can be repaired in the driveway even if it's a PITA to save hundreds of dollars, or do you need a lift? Also, is there another name for the broken part? RH Driveshaft Assy doesn't tell me much by googling it. Thanks yall!

Scootertrash
07-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Might also be know as a CV Shaft.

Typically not too difficult to replace. YMMV

barnett468
07-03-2019, 12:08 PM
I would first determine exactly what the problem is.

How does the car drive, any unusual noises in the front or vibrations?

Any light clicking noise when turning a full circle with the steering wheel at full lock left or right?

Here's one of a few "how to" videos for a scion. This guy installed a duralast brand axle on his right side and it vibrated and the dealer told him the axle was causing a vibration, so he had the dealer install a factory one and that fixed it but the factory axles cost twice as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePKWsg0PZuk

Aftermarket axles are hit and miss, the best axle for guaranteed results is an original one, and the second best option is likely a rebuilt original one. One of the best oem parts rebuilders is Cardone (A1 Cardone). NAPA Auto has rebuilt axles from Cardone for around $90.00 and if it were me, that is what I would use. Some of the other auto parts stores have rebuilt axles from other rebuilders like Tripple B and I would not use one of those. Cardone also makes new axles but I have seen some bad reviews on those on some models for minor issues.

The best axle rebuildersOreily Rock Auto sells parts pretty cheap and they have rebuilt original axles as well.

barnett468
07-03-2019, 12:21 PM
The rebuilt axles rock auto sells are rebuilt by cardone and are less than napa at around $65.00.

250rAL
07-03-2019, 10:23 PM
If you do it yourself, replace the axle seal, where it goes into the transmission, at the same time.

Rob Canadian
07-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone, any car mechanics out there? My GF just got a multi-point inspection on her new-to-her 2006 Scion tC (front-wheel drive) car and the inspection says "RH Drive Shaft Assy." Like it's broken, and they charge $641.95 to repair it.

Hard to say what they are quoting. Was it at the Dealer?

Pierce1989
07-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Hmm 3wheelerworld no longer sends me emails when there's a reply! Strange. Anyways, My GF said that the dealership didn't necessarily say that it was broken, but they said that the rubber boots were old. I know it should be replaced but hoping she can continue driving on it as is until the new parts come in/I've read enough to feel confident on the job. Thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna jack up the car and see if they're really in bad shape or the dealership is messing with her...

Arky-X
07-09-2019, 12:12 PM
If the boots are cracked or already split, the CV joint may already be dry and just a matter of time before they go out. On the Hondas I've had they will start popping when you turn a corner. Had one side replaced for about $180 at an independent shop but that was at least 6-8 years ago. I had one priced for about $100 from A1 Cardone (suggested above) but for just a little more, let them do it.

I wouldn't recommend this but I've known some people pump grease in there, gorilla tape (don't wrap tight so it can flex), flex seal spray over it and then zip tie (loosely so it can flex) a motorcycle fork boot (cut in half) around it. Definitely a hack repair.

I don't know what the axle goes for now but $600+ for 1 side seems a bit high to me. I used an independent shop that specialized in brakes so you might try getting another quote.

Mosh
07-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Been a tech for 30 years. If it is not clicking or popping, or vibrating on aceleration or leaking grease, it is fine..
If any of the above requires replacement it is a 225-300$ job..If you use aftermarket axle, only buy a new one through advance or carquest
Nothing rebuilt is any good and especially A1 cardone

barnett468
07-10-2019, 12:29 PM

You are 110% wrong. It would be far better and much more useful to post FACTS instead of opinions and generalizations.

barnett468
07-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Another option is to get a used original one from a wrecking yard off a low mile car. There are several wrecking yards that have sites on the internet that you can search. LKQ is a large one.

Here is passenger side for a 2006 Scion TC from a car that only had 42k miles on it and it comes with a 6 month warranty and 30 day, no questions asked return policy. It is $85.00 with free shipping but you may have to pay the return shipping if you return it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Scion-tC-Front-Passenger-Right-CV-Axle-Shaft-OEM-42K-Miles-LKQ-220437275/312673766618?hash=item48cccf0cda:g:ZiYAAOSwJrpdExI o

LKQ ONLINE WRECKERS

https://www.lkqonline.com/

Rob Canadian
07-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Hmm 3wheelerworld no longer sends me emails when there's a reply! Strange. Anyways, My GF said that the dealership didn't necessarily say that it was broken, but they said that the rubber boots were old. I know it should be replaced but hoping she can continue driving on it as is until the new parts come in/I've read enough to feel confident on the job. Thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna jack up the car and see if they're really in bad shape or the dealership is messing with her...

Scion pulled out of Canada. I can only guess at this point that "they" the dealer quoted you a price to replace the boots on the shaft? Going to say off hand a new OEM shaft is way more then that quote. I have been with Toyota for a long time. Scion up here was short lived.

barnett468
07-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Retail on that shaft in so cal is $590.00 for an auto model, p/n 4341044042 but you can get it from online sources for less.

$417.00

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~shaft-assy-fr-drive~43410-44042.html

Mosh
07-16-2019, 11:31 AM
You are 110% wrong. It would be far better and much more useful to post FACTS instead of opinions and generalizations.
30 years in the biz and that is just a taste of the certs I have obtained..Lets see your credentials...

I am not arguing with you, you pompous asshat..
Listen to my advice or don't..Cardone used to be a decent outfit..If you like warranty work for leaking racks, blown steering pumps, seized up rebuilt calipers, then go ahead and install that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro..We do not unless there is no other option.

Mosh
07-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Need more proof?

barnett468
07-16-2019, 01:53 PM

Wow, it took ya almost a week to think of a mildly amusing reply this time, I hope you have not been feeling poorly. :(

30 years in the biz and that is just a taste of the certs I have obtained..Lets see your credentials...

Well unlike you, I don't have a need to try and prove anything to anyone here or anywhere for that matter, and having a "mechanics" certification certainly does not mean one is a better mechanic than someone that does not have one, and it is obvious by your comment that you don't understand that, "irregardless", I'm truly happy for you that you have something to show yourself that you could actually pass a few tests and fill out your name correctly on them, so for this monumental accomplishment I offer you my heartfelt congratulations. https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/thumbsup.gif

I am not arguing with you,

Oh that is quite obvious, but thank you very much for clarifying that. :crazy:

...you pompous asshat..

............... https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/santa.gif

Listen to my advice or don't.

ummm...I definitely don't, but I am amused by it at times. :lol:

Cardone used to be a decent outfit..If you like warranty work for leaking racks, blown steering pumps, seized up rebuilt calipers, then go ahead and install that ..We do not unless there is no other option.

ummmm...the op was asking about an axle shaft which is completely different than the other items you mentioned, and unlike some aftermarket axle suppliers, Cardone installs new CV joints with the same number of bearings that came in the axles from the mfg, and in the op's case, that number would be 6.

:beer

Mosh
07-16-2019, 02:18 PM
You must be trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro blind..I just posted over 200 cases of rebuilt axles being defective on a national paid subscription data base of technicians and engineers across the country validating problems with aftermarket and rebuilt axles, but yet you choose to be too proud to admit your follies, and your pussy response to quote that evidence is a testament to the BS you have fed people on this forum..
In the last year alone we had to warranty a 2008 A1 cardone steering gear. Rebuilt quality? BS..They left the old inner tie rod on the right side and spray painted it and labeled the unit as a new rebuilt, with a 10 year old inner tie rod end.
We had to warranty a A1 cardone steering gear due to the end seals blown out after 4k miles. Same with a 2003 Ford ranger..Or how about the back covers blowing off GM 3.1 liter steering pumps made by A1 cardone. Even you being such a expert in the realm of engineering should know that a case or housing such as a rack, pump, or caliper can only be rebuilt so many times before it is too worn to hold a seal, clip, piston, or bearing..
Personally, you can insult me all you want. I do not care what a basement dwelling has been, with multiple personalities, multiple internet forum bans, and internet locations thinks about me. I have provided proof that what I said is FACT...Edit boy...Now go cry, PM Billy, and Yeager that you want internet justice....

barnett468
07-16-2019, 04:18 PM
Hey, it only took you a few minutes to reply this time. I'm glad you are feeling better now.

You must be trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro blind..I just posted over 200 cases of rebuilt axles being defective on a national paid subscription data base of technicians and engineers across the country validating problems with aftermarket and rebuilt axles, but yet you choose to be too proud to admit your follies,

I have provided proof that what I said is FACT

As you have often done before, you once again are jumping to conclusions based on your ASSUMPTIONS, which are in FACT incorrect. The FACT is that the photo you posted does not show up on my screen, therefore, the FACT is that I had no idea what it was of, which means I could not make an informed comment on it, however, the FACT is that there have been thousands of rebuilt axles installed over the time frame covered by your data base, and since you only posted just over 200 failures, you have not proven that everything that is rebuilt is bad as you falsely previously claimed, and the FACT is, your data base proves beyond a "reasonable" doubt that not everything that is rebuilt is bad, but you preferred to try and grandstand by feebly attempting to discredit what I posted, but failed miserably, however, I will give you a B- for effort.

...and your pussy response to quote that evidence...

If you are referring to the photo you posted as the "evidence" you assumed I was responding to, see my comment above, and if that is what you are referring to, thank you for your rating of "pussy" for a response I did not make to "evidence" I did not see.

In the last year alone we had to warranty a 2008 A1 cardone steering gear. Rebuilt quality? BS..They left the old inner tie rod on the right side and spray painted it and labeled the unit as a new rebuilt, with a 10 year old inner tie rod end. We had to warranty a A1 cardone steering gear due to the end seals blown out after 4k miles. Same with a 2003 Ford ranger..Or how about the back covers blowing off GM 3.1 liter steering pumps made by A1 cardone. Even you being such a expert in the realm of engineering should know that a case or housing such as a rack, pump, or caliper can only be rebuilt so many times before it is too worn to hold a seal, clip, piston, or bearing..

For the SECOND time, this has absolutely zero to do with my comments and the op's question about an AXLE, but by all means, please continue to drone on incessantly about things that do not apply to the op's question, because I for one am riveted by your "informative" replies.

Personally, you can insult me all you want.

ummm...I have yet to really insult you, however, just on this thread alone you have called me an asshat, blind, a basement dwelling has been, said I gave a pussy response, and suggested I'm full of BS, but congratulations on your feeble attempt to try and make me out to look like the bad guy when it is obviously you that is the aggressor, as you always have been from what I have seen.

Oh, and I would much rather be a "has been" than a "never was". :lol:

...Edit boy...Now go cry, PM Billy, and Yeager that you want internet justice....

The only thing I want regarding you is for you to find the peace and happiness you are obviously sorely missing in your life, but in the mean time, some of these may help you.

https://agoraphobia-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Prozac-Fluoxetine-20mg.jpg

Mosh
07-16-2019, 04:54 PM
You are making yourself look like an ass..
Not arguing with you on cars. You are a legend in your own mind. 200 cases was just one report..There is at least 20 more cases with as many reports of failed rebuilt axles.
It has been widely known in the auto repair world for 15 years that Toyota's Scions, VWs, Audi's and Honda's as well as other do not take to cheap rebuilt axles at all. But keep trying to prove i
I am wrong..Call any reputable Auto and Trans shop. They will tell you the same thing I have..Go ahead keep suggesting the A1 garbage to people..You do it everyday, then we get to fix it right after some poor sap follows internet and youtube advice from those like you, who have to pound there chest on something they know just enough about, to be dangerous

Arky-X
07-16-2019, 04:58 PM

I don't have experience with car driveshafts besides greasing the zerks, but I'm mechanically inclined and have the tools. Is this something that can be repaired in the driveway even if it's a PITA to save hundreds of dollars, or do you need a lift? Also, is there another name for the broken part? RH Driveshaft Assy doesn't tell me much by googling it. Thanks yall!

So....you able to make an informed decision now? :lol:

barnett468
07-16-2019, 05:20 PM
You are making yourself look like an ass..
Not arguing with you on cars. You are a legend in your own mind. 200 cases was just one report..There is at least 20 more cases with as many reports of failed rebuilt axles.
It has been widely known in the auto repair world for 15 years that Toyota's Scions, VWs, Audi's and Honda's as well as other do not take to cheap rebuilt axles at all.
But keep trying to prove i
I am wrong..Call any reputable Auto and Trans shop. They will tell you the same thing I have..Go ahead keep suggesting the A1 garbage to people..You do it everyday, then we get to fix it right after some poor sap follows internet and youtube advice from those like you, who have to pound there chest on something they know just enough about, to be dangerous

..........................https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp8XKytzIC-lM-2g_wRXjnQA-iaXspDEeVaEqmR6FovdZHntke

barnett468
07-16-2019, 05:52 PM

Sory, but your post makes no sense to me and I have already replied to him with a fair amount of useful info.

Mosh
07-16-2019, 07:18 PM

Since our resident car expert, and expert on everything else never detailed the actual repair instructions, I guess I will..
Do you need a lift? Yes highly recommended as you will need enough clearance to use a pry bar or driveshaft removal fork will be close to 3 feet in length, but you can muscle through it on your back.
You will need a air hammer, or large punch and hammer, heavy duty 1/2 impact and appropirate large axle nut socket..Usually around 30-32 MM sized, and a good 1/2 inch torque wrench.
Remove the wheel and tire for the side the axle will be replaced. Remove, the brake caliper bracket bolts and place caliper to the side. Disconnect your ABS sensor at the plug up in the inner fender area. Next remove the axle nut with the impact, then drive the axle out of the wheel hub with a hammer and punch or air hammer with a punch bit on it. Next remove the 2 large strut to knuckle bolts, and mark the bolts for alignment location. Most factory struts will have a fixed set of holes and will not affect the alignment. Drive the large strut bolts out with the punch and hammer, air hammer. Seperate the knuckle form the strut, then pull the knuckle away while pushing the axle out of the hub. Then you can dislodge the axle from the trans.. You will need a axle removal fork or prybar against the CV case bell, and tap the axle outward. You will lose transmission fluid once it is out.
Reverse for re assembly, and be careful not to stress the trans seal. Set the axle into the trans opening as far as you can by hand make sure the splines line up, hold the axle straight at the knuckle, and hit the threaded end with a plastic large dead blow hammer. That axle should snap into place, and not pull back out by hand. Be sure to torque the large axle nut to spec or you will crush the wheel bearings and have a growling wheel bearing shortly after service. You can insert the punch into the rotor vents after the caliper is back on and let the rotor stop the axle from moving as the punch wedges against the brake caliper so you can torque the axle nut..Usually around 175 ft lbs..Some axles have a cotter pin and cage nut, others may need staked over. Top off the trans fluid and go...If you do not have a lift, the 70-100 charge is well worth the price, just make sure they torque the axle nut, and not drive it in with a impact gun. Those Scion press in bearings suck to replace...And dont use Reman Cardone trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro
Suck me Barnett

barnett468
07-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Since our resident car expert, and expert on everything else never detailed the actual repair instructions, I guess I will.

You are only partially correct, I actually posted a youtube video of one method someone used to do it on the op's exact model and on the same side he has an issue on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePKWsg0PZuk

Suck me Barnett

Oh my, I didn't know you were into having "personal relations" with other men, but I'm glad you finally felt comfortable enough to come out of the closet...I guess.

"appropirate" "Seperate"

Perhaps a dictionary for your birthday or Christmas would be a useful gift.

Mosh
07-17-2019, 07:24 AM
Hey Barnett..Going to the 50th race of legends at Ashtabula next week? All the old Factory racers will be there..Farr, Meadows, Sundahl...I would LOVE to see you go interact..I want to see what they all say about you showing...
Be sure to put A1 cardone parts on you car, so you can have a break down excuse for not showing for fear of being exposed about your " glorious racing engineer" history

barnett468
07-17-2019, 12:25 PM
Hey Barnett..Going to the 50th race of legends at Ashtabula next week? All the old Factory racers will be there..Farr, Meadows, Sundahl...I would LOVE to see you go interact..I want to see what they all say about you showing...
Be sure to put A1 cardone parts on you car, so you can have a break down excuse for not showing for fear of being exposed about your " glorious racing engineer" history

Thank you very much for your interest in my PRO 3 wheeler racing experience, and I'm truly flattered that you think it was "glorious", even though I never did, however, since that is completely unrelated to the op's topic, I may "expose" some of my results and photos of me that PRO 3 wheeler racer John Neary posted on this forum, in a separate thread since you seem to be acutely interested in me. For now however, you can see several photos of me racing in the PRO 3 wheeler class in John Neary's thread below. One of the photos shows me in FRONT of factory Kawasaki rider Chris White (RIP), and the first photo in post #16 shows me in the first turn at the start of the Big Bear Grand Prix in 6th place on bike #29, the second photo shows me behind John Neary, the third photo shows me in 2nd place at Perris Raceway, the fourth photo shows me at the start gate of that race behind Jimmy White, and the fifth photo shows me in 4th there. Oh, and don't forget to ask the PRO racers at Ashtabula what place they got at the last PRO short track race at Saddleback Park, but I can tell you now that none of them got 1st. :)

Also, please feel free to post some results and photos from YOUR PRO 3 wheeler racing experience in that thread, or maybe even start your own thread about it, because I, and I'm confident that at least one other person here would love to read about it and see you in action, plus, as you previously posted in other threads, "If there isn't a photo, it never happened" or something reasonably close to that effect.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/175016-Random-1980s-racing-pictures?highlight=john+neary

barnett468
07-17-2019, 12:47 PM

Oh, and speaking of Sundahl, you will see him with me right next to him along with Donnie Luce #53, and John on his Franks Rotax in the fifth photo of John's first post in the link below, which was at the start of the Big Bear Grand Prix. :)

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/175016-Random-1980s-racing-pictures?highlight=john+neary

bkm
07-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Oh, and speaking of Sundahl, you will see him with me right next to him along with Donnie Luce #53, and John on his Franks Rotax in the fifth photo of John's first post in the link below, which was at the start of the Big Bear Grand Prix. :)

:beerhttps://youtu.be/dt6-ZtOL_gY

Mosh
07-17-2019, 03:06 PM
I never claimed to be a pro..EVER...But there is a hell of a lot more than 4 pics of me in races on this forum and I was never a pro...

You are insane...You were the first agressor quoting my response, as " 110% wrong ".. That type of talk is the same trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that has gotten you banned from here multiple times, as well as dozens of other forums...Had you just initiated a simple challenge of me to present facts,( which I did, and you still can't accept them) I never would have retorted to you the way I did. You are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro, you talk to people as if they are infants and non important, wrong at every turn and without one ounce of humility or humble in your soul...And for that, you are a asshat and probably will have many others continue to refer to you as such...Any man who actually downloads photos of depressant drugs to post on a fricken atv forum for the sake of winning a small parts quality argument is certifiable...And I am a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro for falling into another troll bait trap from your pathetic existence, but I just can't refuse to expose your total line of bullshit to people..I feel sorry for you, and those who blindly believe your nonsense..

83ATC185
07-17-2019, 04:50 PM
my .02...I replaced a rack and pinion in a ford tempo with an A1 Cardone unit, $120 and 13 hours later, the end seals leaked worse than they did before. I ran straight stop leak in it for a year and a half, filling it every day or two until the car quit.

I'm convinced, judging by everything I've seen them "rebuild" that they spray paint it black and send it back out the door. It's enough to make me never want to shop at oreillys again.

barnett468
07-17-2019, 04:55 PM
I never claimed to be a pro..EVER...But there is a hell of a lot more than 4 pics of me in races on this forum and I was never a pro...

You are insane...You were the first agressor quoting my response, as " 110% wrong ".. That type of talk is the same trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that has gotten you banned from here multiple times, as well as dozens of other forums...Had you just initiated a simple challenge of me to present facts,( which I did, and you still can't accept them) I never would have retorted to you the way I did. You are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro, you talk to people as if they are infants and non important, wrong at every turn and without one ounce of humility or humble in your soul...And for that, you are a asshat and probably will have many others continue to refer to you as such...Any man who actually downloads photos of depressant drugs to post on a fricken atv forum for the sake of winning a small parts quality argument is certifiable...And I am a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro for falling into another troll bait trap from your pathetic existence, but I just can't refuse to expose your total line of bullshit to people..I feel sorry for you, and those who blindly believe your nonsense..

A point of interest is that there hasn't been any significant ruckus between anyone here for quite some time until YOU came back the other day and posted on this thread attempting to discredit my post by basically saying that ALL rebuilt A-1 Cardone parts are bad after I suggested an A-1 Cardone rebuilt half shaft as one of a couple options for the op. You have also called me several derogatory things even though I have not called you any at all, then you attempt to twist the FACTS around to suit your agenda. You also came up with something completely different in nearly every post you made to try and avoid the fact that you were wrong. These are just a few of the FACTS and nothing you try to say is going to change them.

I also have absolutely no idea what my PRO 3 wheeler racing has to do with the op's topic, but for some reason you decided to bring it up on their thread trying to discredit me yet again, which obviously didn't work since it was proven a long time ago that I did race in the PRO class, and against the best riders in the World, but perhaps you didn't get that memo or see John Neary's thread. I also couldn't care any less if there are more photos of you racing on the site than there is of me because I don't view this as a contest as you obviously seem to. Also, unlike you, I never posted any photos of myself racing a 3 wheeler until after John Neary posted photos that just coincidentally happened to have me in them.

Have a wonderful day!

3 Wheel Drive
07-17-2019, 05:13 PM
I’m just here for the aggressive ruckus.... :w00t::beerYAMAHONDAMANpoop

Mosh
07-17-2019, 06:00 PM
See your brain is broke. I never quoted you or even addressed you in my post I said Cardone stuff is mostly junk..Never even mentioned you..The mere fact you are trying to discredit a 30 year veteran of the field that services over 1000 cars a year is testimony to how you long to pound your chest..You are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro idiot plain and simple..You have been here 5 years..Banned at least 6 times...You have others stating Cardone parts failures..I rest my case..Done quibbling with your incompetence..

barnett468
07-17-2019, 06:59 PM
See your brain is broke. I never quoted you or even addressed you in my post...

You didn't need to specifically mention my name since I mentioned a rebuilt Cardone half shaft BEFORE your post and then you said "Nothing rebuilt is any good and especially A1 cardone", so obviously it is not my brain that has a problem here. :crazy:

I said Cardone stuff is mostly junk..

And the fact finder says WRONG AGAIN, because your EXACT statement is below, but don't give up trying to distort the truth. :rolleyes:

barnett468
07-17-2019, 07:09 PM
If you use aftermarket axle, only buy a new one through advance or carquest

Pierce1989, here's some FACTS that may further help you in your decision if it does turn out that you need a new half shaft.

It took me less than 10 seconds to find some reviews on a new Advance Auto half shaft which is one brand that "someone" here suggested. In this instance there were a total of 23 reviews with ratings from 1 to a maximum of 5 stars with 5 being best. 9 people gave it a crappy review and just 1 star. That is 39% of the people. 2 others only gave it only 2 stars along with their crappy review which brings the percentage of really crappy reviews to a whopping 47%, and this is just 1 example from just one site.

Based upon this one example alone, I for one would be concerned about using an axle from them. This is not to say, or imply, that every single rebuilt axle from Cardone will be free of some type of fault either, because they won't, but it does prove my point that new aftermarket axles are hit and miss as I previously stated, and in my experience, this is the same no matter who makes them.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-new-cv-axle-shaft-assembly-ncv12183/20870917-P

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-new-cv-axle-shaft-assembly-ncv12183/20870917-P

Mosh
07-17-2019, 07:27 PM
Yeah google a1 cardone axles dickweed...Post those results...

So are you, or are you not going to steel a Kawi van and go play pro racer at THE biggest reunion of ATV racing pros of all time? ANSWER the question...

3 Wheel Drive
07-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Hey Barn,

Are you going to the Rock N Roll High School Class Reunion? Mabey this time you could knock the bottom out of something or rekindle that old flame!

Mosh
07-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah the real comedy is I have been here 15 years, just cussed this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro out multiple times, not one ban....Barnett...Multiple bans here, banned from numerous LS Camaro and other forums, and two nut sacks that have a handful of bans chiming in...Whatever...

barnett468
07-17-2019, 08:25 PM
So are you, or are you not going to steel a Kawi van and go play pro racer at THE biggest reunion of ATV racing pros of all time?

Yet ANOTHER off topic post feebly attempting to discredit me. This continues to prove that you have little concern for an op and their threads, and are instead mainly concerned with your own personal agenda, but nobody here seems to care, however, I will answer this particular question only to counter your laughable innuendo. :)

1. There was only 1 van for my department, and it would not have been possible to "steal" or use it without a managers approval even when I was working there, and to think otherwise is beyond ridiculous, plus, the mileage was written down every single day, therefore, if it was used without their approval they would have known it, and since I no longer work there and the vans are locked up behind 2 gates with alarms, it would be next to impossible to "steal" one. :crazy:

2. No I am not going.

3. I believe the word you are trying to use is "steal", not "steel", if so, then as I mentioned earlier, perhaps a Dictionary would be useful to you. https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/thumbsup.gif

barnett468
07-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Yeah google a1 cardone axles dickweed...Post those results...

ummm...ok sir!. So I just now typed in a1 cardone axle reviews into the google search engine and the following page came up.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&channel=trow&q=a1+cardone+axle+reviews

I then simply scrolled down to the very first site on that page which is the one below, and low and behold, the Cardone half shaft got an average of a whopping 4.7 out of 5 stars from 44 customers that posted their reviews, with no reviews less than 3.0 stars, so compared to the reviews for the Advance Auto half shaft you suggested, this one is far better, so I have to thank you for your great suggestion. :)

https://www.carid.com/cardone/cv-axle-shaft.html

Mosh
07-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Yet ANOTHER off topic post feebly attempting to discredit me. This continues to prove that you have little concern for an op and their threads, and are instead mainly concerned with your own personal agenda, but nobody here seems to care, however, I will answer this particular question only to counter your laughable innuendo. :)

1. There was only 1 van for my department, and it would not have been possible to "steal" or use it without a managers approval even when I was working there, and to think otherwise is beyond ridiculous, plus, the mileage was written down every single day, therefore, if it was used without their approval they would have known it, and since I no longer work there and the vans are locked up behind 2 gates with alarms, it would be next to impossible to "steal" one. :crazy:

2. No I am not going.

3. I believe the word you are trying to use is "steal", not "steel", if so, then as I mentioned earlier, perhaps a Dictionary would be useful to you. https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/Smileys/smilies/thumbsup.gif

For 20 years, people on this forum have fought their asses off to resurrect, promote, and support 3 wheeling..Longer than any of you self proclaimed greats were ever involved..In that time there has been a short list of jack ass morons that have tried to tear down the forum, members, events and all surrounding that, while trying to discredit anybody that is a threat to exposing your motives, and you sir, are right at the top of that degenerate list..That is not FACT, that is my opinion, and I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way...You have put me down, called me a fat ass, pissed on my accomplishments of a career I did validate, and latched on and stoked any posse that will blindly follow and support your nonsense..Nothing you have ever offered here, has been more than just a cut, copy, and paste of google info, that any trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro with a computer can regurgitate..Save your 4 dusty blurry pictures of your alleged pro carreer..Hell you may as well been the beer guy in the stands in those pics, I would have more respect for you if that was the case..
Tell me, how much audacity does it take to for you, to log in this forum 5 years ago, brag about your career that was never validated, the end every post signed ( not for reprint ) then go on a 5 year google bot copy and paste rant, without credit to the original authors, while trying to be a expert on every subject from, toilet paper, to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro sandwiches?

It is a level of mental malfunction, I have never seen in a human being.... Still able to migrate amongst the public..You can take that to the bank..Kiss my fat ass...