PDA

View Full Version : 3 wheeler issue

Scrappy
07-11-2019, 11:36 PM
okay I have a three wheeler that runs great for 10 minutes everything shifts properly all the oils are good the transmission looks good inside everything looks good but after 10 minutes it stops running good. Well it stays running but it acts like it doesn't want to drive. But still shifts normal. But sounds like it's winding out when I give it gas... does anyone have any suggestions on this.. please help.. thanks

shortline10
07-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Might be time for a new clutch or possibly clutch adjustment , have you been running car oil ? That will cause the clutch plates to fail , only Atv oil can be used .

ironchop
07-12-2019, 10:20 AM
.... , have you been running car oil ? That will cause the clutch plates to fail , only Atv oil can be used .

Seriously?

There's another important gem of information that I didn't know. I'm running Honda gear oil in my 250R but I've topped off the utility machines with car oil and didn't realize I shouldn't do that

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Scrappy
07-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Awesome thanks 4 the direction.. I'll jump on it after work today..

shortline10
07-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Way to many friction additives in car oil . The heavy gear oil on the 250r is fine but it tends to make the clutch sticky and drag some until it’s warmed up , not all bikes have this issue but I’ve seen it a lot .

s
Seriously?

There's another important gem of information that I didn't know. I'm running Honda gear oil in my 250R but I've topped off the utility machines with car oil and didn't realize I shouldn't do that

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk