PDA

View Full Version : SX or Mojave??

250SX_rider
02-19-2004, 10:39 PM
So this is it...
A guy here would like to trade his '87 mojave for my '85 SX...the cam of the mojave needs to be changed...and I know I'll have to sell my SX in august to get some cash for studies...what do you think??
I heard Mojave's aren't very performant...am I wrong?

Thanks

thefox
02-19-2004, 11:01 PM
If they are both in that same shape then I would keep the trike. But if the Mojave is in better shape then trade it becasue then it would be easier to sell for more. Just my opinion.

honda200
02-20-2004, 10:49 PM
I had a mojave for a bit Jeff, had to give it back cuz no serial number, anyways, mine was a 87 also, good condition and all, i took it up and down the road a few times, fairly snappy on the throttle and after a few upgrades, pipe maybe bore or polish/hone it could be quicker, so, you gotta ask yourself what you would want more, the trike or the quad

If it was me, i would pick the trike, just cuz i feel it takes more skill to ride them, but if the mojave plastics are good and all it needs is the cam, then it sounds pretty fair......

Curtis

Yamaha_Rules69
02-21-2004, 02:33 AM
My friend has an 87 mojave, and they are decent machines and all, but he has had a lot of problems with it, and he dosent ride it hard at all. If I was in your shoes, I would probly keep the SX if it is good shape, but there are some good things about the Mojave. There are quite a few after market options, and you could easily find parts, where with the SX, it is really hard to do. I guess you have to do what you want to do, it is your decision, and no one else can decide for you. Hope I was some help. )

trikeman
02-22-2004, 09:18 PM
i personally think the mojaves are pathetic, i'de keep the sx, but ya know it's all up to you and your judgement...