PDA

View Full Version : Sad news - Brett Driscoll has passed away

Billy Golightly
10-21-2019, 06:49 AM
Got some really sad news over the weekend.

Brett Driscoll - which was Factory Tri back in the day and one of the first factory Yamaha Racers has passed. He was THE factory Yamaha Tri-Z rider.

Brett was an incredibly talented and accomplished individual. He ran Driscoll's Surf N Skate shop in El Centro, still trained and raced dirtbikes in the desert races today, he came out to the Imperial Invasion multiple times, shared his expertise and stories here on 3WW (He has one of the stickied posts up top in Trikesylvania).

He also provided our Trikefest shirts for about the past 10 years. He always was able to work up awesome designs and was a big part in the cool gear and swag we always had at Trikefest. We would talk about a concept and he would just get it done...

I had the pleasure of meeting Brett on a couple different occasions out in the dunes.

I don't know any of his family but I know they're certainly mourning his loss - and the trike community certainly lost an OG guy as well.

Make time for your friends and folks people - never know when life will make a rapid change.

Jd110
10-21-2019, 08:39 AM
My sincere condolences are extended to friends and family. RIP Mr. Brett Driscoll.

Joseph Farrow
10-21-2019, 06:02 PM
WOW RIP To One Of The Legends
God Speed Brett

Red Rider
10-21-2019, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear of this. My condolences to his family & friends.

RapidRick
10-21-2019, 11:49 PM
He was riding his bicycle on a city street and collapsed face first. A nurse was in a car behind him and administered first aid and CPR. Brett was air lifted to a hospital in either Palm Desert or Palm Springs and passed this weekend. I'll post a link if something appears in the local paper.

RapidRick
10-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Here is the obit. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ivpressonline/obituary.aspx?n=michael-brett-driscoll&pid=194235205

Very Sad

Dirtcrasher
10-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Just a heart attack?? With a guy that seemed to keep in shape??

I'm doomed....