PDA

View Full Version : Testing for voltage from pulser coil and voltage to ignition coil

pennington2002
02-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Hello all, I posted a similar topic in new member discussions, as I am fairly new here, but got no traction. Hopefully someone will be watching this thread or forum, or whatever it's called and can give me a little help.

I'm installing a TRX125 motor and harness into an ATC110 frame. I have not molested the wiring harness at all aside from cutting the keyed ignition out, as there was no key. In the TRX frame, I tied the red power wire to the ignition to the black wire and I had good spark.

Now that it is in the ATC frame, same thing- but no spark. I've checked and double checked. I have power at the red ignition wire, all grounds are good, engine turns over with a push of the starter button. Neutral light is on. I should be getting spark.

Can someone tell me what the voltage should be coming from the pulser coil, and also what the voltage going to the ignition coil should be? I'm trying to figure out if it is a bad pulser coil, CDI, or ignition coil. Thanks in advance.

Boedyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/5427f11711147b26205cf81004b2c937.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

pennington2002
02-05-2020, 05:42 PM
Or perhaps I should be checking for resistance?

pennington2002
02-06-2020, 10:48 AM
Hmm. Well, I guess no one knows.

RobDonkers
10-10-2020, 11:57 PM
Likely no answer because this is well covered in the manual as well as in the forume here multiple times...check this out for example.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/188832-1984-200S-Ignition-Issues-No-Spark?highlight=ignition+check

Its not hard, just go through the components as described above. CDI and exciter coil are the usual culprits if you have good connectivity without broken wires between the components. My problem was a high resistance spark plug cap, which should be 5 kohm.