PDA

View Full Version : New Winter Sport?

VABCH350X
02-20-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of pulling a knee-board behind a three wheeler, but for some reason, I always get crazy looks out on the lake when I do it. These are just a couple pics of me and the kids in MI last week, but it gets pretty wild when the big boys get out there in some hard packed snow. Sorry about the crappy quality, they were bad photos to begin with and the scanner is a little screwy lately too.

85bigred250es
02-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Looks like fun. I bet the kids love it

BigGreenMachine
02-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Really looks like fun!!! Like that the towie is wearin a helmet.

TRI-Zbrian
02-21-2004, 01:03 AM
lol this one time my friend and i got bored and tied a sled to the back end of his sun fire (car) lol and pulled eachother down the road though toun and all over the back parking lot at the high school :D good times :D

atckowalski
02-21-2004, 02:22 PM
You could use that ski for your 350 you know.I always pull my brother with my 225dx on his snowboard :-D

TimSr
02-21-2004, 02:26 PM
We used to do that with the TRX250 utility. All I can say is dont ride the sled when TimJr is driving because he doesnt slow down for bumps!

VABCH350X
02-21-2004, 07:36 PM
You could use that ski for your 350 you know.I always pull my brother with my 225dx on his snowboard :-D

Yeah, I was really wishing I had that setup for the U.P....or a snowmobile. The 350X sunk like a rock in the loose snow unless I hit it in 4th gear tapped out. It was still a lot of fun. Is anyone here from the U.P.?

TeCaTe_MaN
02-21-2004, 09:30 PM
when i went riding up in the snow there was a guy with paddles and razors on his shee towing a snowboarder...that looked like some funnnn

ATC crazy
02-21-2004, 09:36 PM
This winter, I pulled my friends up and down the road, and in fiends with the Foreman. They were behind on the snowboard. It was very fun. ;)

Name Brand
02-22-2004, 10:19 PM
We've done this for years up in Alaska! All sorts of vehicles, ATCs, ATVs, snowmachines, trucks, whatever. The two funnest things are whippping people around in circles by doing brodies in parking lots, or going down the unsanded backroads with a skier or boarder in tow. We rotate through who gets pulled whenever the person getting pulled lets go or falls. Lots of fun!

As far as sport goes check out his link;
http://www.arcticman.com/

Billy Golightly
02-22-2004, 10:31 PM
We use to do that alot around here. We'd use a peice of ply wood with a rope to pull behind a trike or truck, and then another one to hold onto. Object is to try and sling the person off. Really fun in the truck, you can get going about 40 and then crank the wheel and nail the throttle and powerslide and watch the guy on the board pass you. I always aim for Ant Hills:twisted:, and the last couple times we did it a person was on the back throwing little bunches of hay out the back trying to hit the person on the board too. Fun stuff.

dz
02-24-2004, 12:19 PM
We did a similar setup like this with my neighbors ski-doo safari 377 and a ghetto sled from Dick's sporting goods. We got up to about 35mph around his yard, but I think we did it one to many times because when it was my turn the sled totally cracked in half, we even drug it over a small piece of blacktop to get to the other side of the yard. Tore the sled up. Tough going around the corners. Got beat up, wear a helmet.

bbechtel16
02-28-2004, 06:49 PM
We started doing this this year with my trike. Its a lot more fun when you have 2 sleds in tow. We also tried sking with water skis and that sorta works but we fall too much for it to be fun.

threewheelin-feelin
02-28-2004, 09:01 PM
hey man lol im in hampton like 20 to 30 min va beach and last time it snowed here the trikes were broke but we pulled a slay behind the 4wheeler im me dude or go in the chat room later bye

Coty
02-28-2004, 09:05 PM
i did that last winter, except i pulling machine was a ford truck.....

trikerider2oo7
02-28-2004, 09:39 PM
we pull a sled behind my big red every year. this year we broke 2 sleds and 1 rope but it was fun.

rddlsn8k316
03-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Where I'm at it don't snow very often but when I was a kid we used to pull people around behind the 85 big red on a gokart frame with no motor. It was really fun going thru the mud with it. We used to wear those clear framed safety goggles. You know the dorky looking ones with the elastic straps. We had a ball.

atcmatt
03-03-2004, 05:16 AM
No snow down here, but that dont stop us, we pull each other round on my bigred in the sand or dirt. Once i even went through a river with a kid on the rubber mat, hey stayed ontop of the water cause i gunned it up the other bank. Alot of fun!

Matt

TrikeKid
03-03-2004, 09:40 PM
me and my freind did something similar with a knee board only it was behind a gokart. we got the bright idea to drag eachother around his lawn on his kneeboad (no snow) but the kart had an auto clutch 3.5 briggs not enough tourqe to take off so we had to put slack in the rope and jerk the rope to get going well neither of us were wearing helmets and he yanked a 180 and uses the whole 20' of rope while i was on the board and i was about to jump off when the slack cought up and WHACK i slamed my head on the ground and was almost knocked out. we went back to the spot and there was a dent about an inch and a half deep in the lawn where my head hit. after that we figured we should quit so we went back to driving just the kart.

hondatrikesrule22
03-04-2004, 12:35 AM
My brother has one of those scooters with the 12" bike tires...I may try that out after school tommorow. :twisted:

honda200
03-07-2004, 10:40 PM
the best is to help your friend get his sled unstuck in 3 feet of snow, while your pushing on the grab bar and hes runnin along beside it, jumps on and you hold onto the grab bar, get dragged, but the best part is when HE falls off and you dont know and wonderin why your slowin down halfway up the hill....

TRUE STORY!!

Curtis

TRI Z Racer
03-12-2004, 06:49 AM
i dont know how many of you have ever snowmobiled in the wyoming togwotee area, but they get quite a bit of snow, i went riding out ther last year, when you bury a sled, the only way to get unstuck is to roll the sled over on the windshield and onto the trak again and start on fresh snow. its a riot to see al the unexperienced riders try and dig themselves out of 3 feet of powder. and pull and yank for an hour or so. i love it

Jeb
03-12-2004, 06:58 PM
9 or 10 years ago, my bro and me pulled each other around on an old slide behind a pickup. We had a couple ropes tied together and were quite a ways behind the pickup. The rural farm to market roads where we grew up were covered in ice and snow. You never see a car anyway, especially when it's icy so we just went up and down the roads. You couldn't go too fast and keep the truck on the road! You could lean and go from one side of the road to other and even out into the ditch. My bro's then girlfriend (now ex-wife) was mad at him for doing something so dangerous and stupid as she said. My dad and sister got to sledding with us too. Never forget it, good times.

I remember back in the early 80's we tried pulling each other around on a small piece of ply wood behind the ATC70 when we got a good snow one year.

It doesn't ice often enough around here, so you remember the good times!

nickel16
03-12-2004, 08:28 PM
we have pulled all kinds of things behind atvs, snowmobiles and trucks. tractor tubes work really well behind them all. especially in the suburbs. used and old plastic gas tank cut in half for a sled that works pretty well unless the sno is really deep then its juts like a plow, think the best thing we ever used was an old truck hood or an old hog feeder lid with car seats mounted on them those were funt o ride on and u floated really well over the snow