PDA

View Full Version : Are you doing anything different because of Covid-19?

Pages : [1] 2

coolpool
03-10-2020, 11:13 PM
Us, nothing at the moment. Even boarded a dreaded airplane and took a hot vacation in Mexico last week. Not much in the way of physical clues to an issue there, or in our area at the moment. We're not jumping on the TP hoarding bandwagon either!

Scootertrash
03-11-2020, 09:25 AM
Nope. Unneccesary pearl clutching, hand wringing, media manufactured hysteria.

Excessive use of "hand sanitizer" soap is ridiculous and causes bacteria to become more resistant to the very things that are supposed to kill them.

I've been working construction for 30+ years and have always eaten during breaks without washing my hands. I do wear work gloves, and back in the days when I started working construction ?('85) we didn't have an option for washing hands on most jobsites, aside from running to a gas station or store if there was one nearby enough. I very rarely get sick, and when I do it's the common cold.The last time I was sick with the flu and had a fever was around 1995.

OR! You could always go this route:

When you're worried
When in doubt
Run in circles
Scream and shout

How is your body supposed to build up resistance to germs if you constantly prevent your body from coming in contact with germs?

DAM shop
03-11-2020, 10:48 AM
I’m not sure it’s all media that’s pushing the frenzy the CDC and local public health departments are doing most of it. Here where I work we are having a bigger issue with influenzas A. Sure we’ve upgraded our policy’s a bit but nothing serious. Your local and national health departments make the calls on all things related to this type of stuff not the media. In fact this is probably one time that the media is taking somewhat directions from CDC. People are silly for their hoarding nature but that’s people. I think the biggest issue of this virus is the global impact it is having not just on health but also economics.
I laughed several weeks ago on this site about how this has affected the Dow but looking at my savings plans I can see that it has.

Scootertrash
03-11-2020, 12:50 PM
It's not just the beervirus affecting the stock market. Saudia Arabia and Russia are battling for dominance in the oil markets as well

El Camexican
03-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Down here in Mexico we’ve been dealing with the Corona issue for decades. You drink more than ten of them in a short time span and you get a wicked headache often accompanied with vomiting.

We try to have at least a month worth of dry goods, TP etc on hand at all times, so all we’ve done is bought an extra box of TP, a couple gallons of bleach and a few dozen ice cold Coronas.

ironchop
03-11-2020, 07:08 PM
SARS-Ebola-Zika-Covid19

I wonder which virus du joir will star in the next "Media Driven Panic"

I'm still waiting to die of Zika like they promised

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

ironchop
03-11-2020, 09:42 PM
HOLY CRAP........

check the publish date of this video..... Then skip to 14:00 and start there.... You won't have to watch long and alot of what he says is way "out there"

https://youtu.be/d86DRn7T098

oldskool83
03-11-2020, 10:29 PM
I bought a titled 1988 warrior off original owner today after drinking a 32 oz. Fountain drink of coke. I washed my hands too. I do that about 30 times a day due to running a machine shop and being out in metal all day. I'm more upset about stocks then a new virus. Kinda feel it was done on purpose...

El Camexican
03-12-2020, 08:50 AM
I bought a titled 1988 warrior off original owner today after drinking a 32 oz. Fountain drink of coke. I washed my hands too. I do that about 30 times a day due to running a machine shop and being out in metal all day. I'm more upset about stocks then a new virus. Kinda feel it was done on purpose...

Washing your hands so much sounds a little excessive for management (or even a germaphobe) How does the boss end up having to get his hands dirty so often?

ironchop
03-12-2020, 09:21 AM
I just checked the numbers.....

This is utter b*llshit and people refuse to use their brains or even a calculator

4,000-ish deaths globally
Almost 120,000 infected globally

There are SEVEN F*****G BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET.

So...... 0.000017% of the world population infected

And..... 0.00000057% of the population dead globally

I'll bet more people die of pneumonia every year. Pneumonia isn't a "pandemic" but Covid is? Yeah it's all fear mongering and hype and it's working flawlessly because people refuse to pick up a f*****g calculator

FACT: Influenza killed ten times that many easily last year and every year

FACT: most people won't do the math or let a calculator do the math for them

It's really p*ssing me off to go to the store and see people wearing masks while they believe everything the television and Facebook tells them.

This is utter nonsense

Wanna know how to eradicate Covid-19? Tell everyone that the 2020 general election and their chance to oust Trump will be cancelled until further notice due to Corona and this will disappear OVERNIGHT.... Mark my words.

Stop spreading fear and using up all the toilet paper and hand sanitizer, please

Here's some screenshots of "official reports" and the usual lies from CNN....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/3354325a54b8d66e0b7fca9829d92724.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/f371eb4f93e8e9317b4fd6852d73b020.jpg

oldskool83
03-12-2020, 10:39 AM
I do not have qualified people to used up or score metal we have in the shop to use. Being the operations guys sometimes its easier for me to clean an area of move a machine then getting unskilled people to do so. The last guy i tried to explain somthing to crushed my finger so now i just do things myself.

when your handle are blacker then black entering the office i wash them so i do no crud up my desk and keyboard. I do not work in a perfect office job. I run a plant from 1905 which still looks like 1905 and is very unefficent. This was the cost of becomming the top dog over night 2 miles from my house...i left my glass office job for a 100% dirty job so in a few years I become the present of the copy when the owner walks away. In the mean time I do whatever I can because most people who work here have never worked anyware else and do not know how a reall company operates. I do.

Scootertrash
03-12-2020, 03:24 PM
What 'chop said:

Here's what John Hopkins University said:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

COVID-19: Approximately 4,718 deaths reported worldwide; 38 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 12, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working on estimating the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be higher than that of most strains of the flu.

MrConcdid
03-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Actually I manage a funeral home, So I may be busy.

MrC.

El Camexican
03-12-2020, 06:06 PM

MrC.

I’ve been told that’s a great business to be involved with. People are always dying to get in.

El Camexican
03-12-2020, 06:09 PM
I do not have qualified people to used up or score metal we have in the shop to use. Being the operations guys sometimes its easier for me to clean an area of move a machine then getting unskilled people to do so. The last guy i tried to explain somthing to crushed my finger so now i just do things myself.

when your handle are blacker then black entering the office i wash them so i do no crud up my desk and keyboard. I do not work in a perfect office job. I run a plant from 1905 which still looks like 1905 and is very unefficent. This was the cost of becomming the top dog over night 2 miles from my house...i left my glass office job for a 100% dirty job so in a few years I become the present of the copy when the owner walks away. In the mean time I do whatever I can because most people who work here have never worked anyware else and do not know how a reall company operates. I do.

A good manager teachers people what he knows. Show someone else how to clean up the chip bin and your life quality will improve.

oldskool83
03-12-2020, 07:43 PM
That guy went to Disney land...hes prob dead by now or ina hotel for next month lol. My workers 60+ wont listen. I've fired a few. Some think it's ok to sit and watch a saw blade spin a 1rpm...o hot handed a mess of a company. It will take new hits to change the vibe. I'll do it but will take time...me doing alot is undercover boss which dont know my real role. Jokes on them.

Scootertrash
03-12-2020, 08:52 PM
Breaking!
The World Health Organization just announced that dogs cannot get COVID-19.

All dogs can be released from quarantine.

I guess you can say WHO let the dogs out.

Scootertrash
03-12-2020, 09:05 PM
I’ve been told that’s a great business to be involved with. People are always dying to get in.

I think the puns for this one will hit a dead end quickly. Especially if someone starts coffin.....

coolpool
03-12-2020, 09:37 PM
I think this has gone viral...........badda, bing!

Iron, the stats don't lie, just the media does. It doesn't make sense at all?

On a different note, our heavy oil plant is 24/7/365 yr and they're scrambling for a "what if" solution. Work from home, I can do that; in my shop with my email on so it looks like I'm active, lol. I do feel for folks who may not get paid to be off, something needs to be done about that.

And can you get the bug numerous times or is it one and done?

El Camexican
03-12-2020, 11:56 PM
I think the puns for this one will hit a dead end quickly. Especially if someone starts coffin.....

You KNOW I love you Scooter, but at times like this I really miss Trip dog.

MrConcdid
03-13-2020, 12:35 AM
Good one,
Let's look at the cost of Disney shutting down world wide, no NFL, NCAA, no NASCAR on and on. This will be a billion dollar problem, regardless if anyone else gets sick.

Personally I believe this is a push to online voting. And you all know how that will turn out......
MrC.

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 06:21 AM
You KNOW I love you Scooter, but at times like this I really miss Trip dog.

I'm right there with ya man! I keep hopin' that he'll pop in during one of these exchanges

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 06:28 AM
Good one,
Let's look at the cost of Disney shutting down world wide, no NFL, NCAA, no NASCAR on and on. This will be a billion dollar problem, regardless if anyone else gets sick.

Personally I believe this is a push to online voting. And you all know how that will turn out......
MrC.

I think it's all a way to try to make Trump look bad so he loses the election. All of these organizations depend on the mainstream media for promotional reasons and veiwership and all of the media is owned by leftist billionaires, and while Disney is a little different situation, it's still owned by a leftist billionaire. All of this isn't about keeping people from getting sick, it's about removing an outsider from the White House. He's done more for the economy that any president, let alone a democrat president, and we can't have an outsider taking credit for improving all of the f-ups by deep state swamp creatures .

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 06:36 AM
I I do feel for folks who may not get paid to be off, something needs to be done about that.

That is exactly what the leftists in this country want: to make the population in general depend on the government to "save" them, making more people dependent on the government. F that.

To be brutally honest, if a person "can't afford" to miss work for 7-14 days they really need to re-evaluate their household financial plan.

I'm not saying this whole COVID-19 thing is a conspiracy, but the timing sure seems convenient.

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 06:38 AM

MrC.

Has business been kind of dead lately?

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 06:43 AM
I'm more upset about stocks then a new virus. Kinda feel it was done on purpose...

No way!!! Manipulating the financial stability of our country by using fear?!?!??

Big playas selling, selling, selling all the way till it bottoms out and then buying while everything is at it's lowest? Then making millions when it comes back up to and past it's previous historical highs? Neva happen!

ironchop
03-13-2020, 08:47 AM

MrC.

I could not agree more with these two sentences

El Camexican
03-13-2020, 08:52 AM

The news said that once you recover you can’t get it again like a normal flu, but now they’re saying that it can morph, so in my simple mind it sounds like maybe it could make the rounds again.

ironchop
03-13-2020, 08:53 AM
Kentucky's newly elected Democrat Governor just shut down every school in our state for 30 days.

This is beyond ridiculous

oldskool83
03-13-2020, 09:00 AM
china did this on purpose to get back at US for the trade wars....im telling you this is bio-terrorisum.

Shep1970
03-13-2020, 09:15 AM
No hoarding here,
Kids are outa school until mid next wk or longer
Built little league dugouts (rush job) for opening day which is now postponed
Boston marathon (starts here) now postponed
Traffic here is pretty much non existent / atleast 1/3 less cars on the road it seems
Our trip to Florida has been cancelled due to 4 of the days wife had a large conference to attend now is cancelled and not worth driving down for only 5 days of stay. So postponed (for now)
Grocery store shelves are getting bare
Wife’s childcare has 126 children- 18 have been pulled out as of yesterday probably more today-

Not to concerned myself but seems as though the zombie epocolipse (sp) is here, in mass anyway.
I figure the wife’s childcare has about a month worth of food and supplies if needed.

Off to Walmart to people watch this am. And get snacks

Shep

El Camexican
03-13-2020, 09:19 AM

The news said that once you recover you can’t get it again like a normal flu, but now they’re saying that it can morph, so in my simple mind it sounds like maybe it could make the rounds again.

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 10:37 AM
If you rearrange the letters in PANDEMIC.....you get DEM PANIC.

So there is that........:shiftyeyes:

ironchop
03-13-2020, 11:21 AM
If you rearrange the letters in PANDEMIC.....you get DEM PANIC.

So there is that........:shiftyeyes:*BOOM*
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200313/073f18e51a4dae6262dba3d5b3668676.jpg

DAM shop
03-13-2020, 02:06 PM
We just postponed all of our church services through the end of the month here where I work. This was advised by the local and national health departments pertaining to the no more than 250 person gathering's.. This is huge in the religious aspect of things especially during lent and heading into holy week. As I halted our Sunday morning donut order I realized what impact this one gesture has on a local level. consider this, we buy 400.00 worth of donut's every week X 3 weeks that's 1,200 dollars not going to a very small business. That is possibly laying off at least one of their employee's. We also serve 300 meals every Wednesday during lent this too will halt. This really is a not so good snowball effect even if it is short term in nature.

Arky-X
03-13-2020, 05:40 PM
Schools shut down till end of month

Most private schools and universities are going online classes (students have the means whereas some in public do not)

School sports are "postponed" but I bet most will be cancelled following the lead of the all-knowing NCAA, NBA, MLB, etc.

Our office has shut down business travel and has went to optional telecommute

Church is off till April sometime......and I'm Catholic so this is surprising because you go even when you have Roman soldiers and lions on your butt

No TP, paper products, or bread on any shelves. Even the bread store is out......note to self: open a TP store

AND MY ALASKAN CRUISE IN MAY OUT OF SEATTLE?????......that ain't happening. I wouldn't be surprised if the cruise line goes bankrupt and I eat that one

I don't know what to think. Stories out of Italy suck so I have compassion and understand the need to get ahead of it to "flatten the curve" but is the axe approach the way to go over using a scalpel?

Scootertrash
03-13-2020, 06:06 PM
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that: it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."~Rahm Emanuel

DAM shop
03-13-2020, 06:17 PM
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that: it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."~Rahm Emanuel
That’s deep Scooter, I Like it.

ATC King
03-13-2020, 08:46 PM
My own insignificant changes...

I was going to a Willie Nelson concert in Texas. That concert has been postponed.

I was going to the First-Ever 17th Annual Shortest St. Patrick's Day Parade. That parade has been postponed.

I do think this all shows the problem with cities relying too heavily on tourism and not on a strong economy producing needed, physical goods...like toilet paper.

The toilet paper was heading south bound...
https://twitter.com/WeatherRick/status/1238472613489520640/video/1

ironchop
03-13-2020, 09:58 PM

Church is off till April sometime......and I'm Catholic so this is surprising because you go even when you have Roman soldiers and lions on your butt

This sounds exactly like something my Irish Catholic mom would say to me

ironchop
03-13-2020, 10:24 PM
We just postponed all of our church services through the end of the month here where I work. This was advised by the local and national health departments pertaining to the no more than 250 person gathering's.. This is huge in the religious aspect of things especially during lent and heading into holy week. As I halted our Sunday morning donut order I realized what impact this one gesture has on a local level. consider this, we buy 400.00 worth of donut's every week X 3 weeks that's 1,200 dollars not going to a very small business. That is possibly laying off at least one of their employee's. We also serve 300 meals every Wednesday during lent this too will halt. This really is a not so good snowball effect even if it is short term in nature.Wow.... That's quite a hit for the donut shop

DAM shop
03-13-2020, 10:42 PM
Wow.... That's quite a hit for the donut shop

It really is chop especially if you consider other churches that they serve will follow and I assume they will it becomes a pretty big deal to a small business like that. On another note anyone struggling to buy paper products like toilet paper go to a local janitorial supply place and buy by the case and share with your family. It still boggles my mind as to the toiletries being hoarded.:wondering:wondering:wondering
Like my buddy Paul said “I guess I’ll eat more cheese “

MrConcdid
03-13-2020, 10:43 PM
If you stop doing what you enjoy then the virus wins....Right?....So, I am going to buy a one owner, mint 200x tomorrow

As a rule that I live buy, always do the opposite of the masses, when they are selling, I am buying, when they panic, I stay calm. Fear is a state of mind

MrC.

DAM shop
03-13-2020, 11:05 PM
If you stop doing what you enjoy then the virus wins....Right?....So, I am going to buy a one owner, mint 200x tomorrow

As a rule that I live buy, always do the opposite of the masses, when they are selling, I am buying, when they panic, I stay calm. Fear is a state of mind

MrC.
Dam I best go look at that 65 el Camino I’ve been eye balling then.

hatc200x1
03-13-2020, 11:11 PM
It still boggles my mind as to the toiletries being hoarded.:wondering:wondering:wondering
Like my buddy Paul said “I guess I’ll eat more cheese “

Instead of hoarding toilet paper, or eating more cheese, I was just gonna get myself a dog. :lol:

El Camexican
03-14-2020, 09:01 AM
Instead of hoarding toilet paper, or eating more cheese, I was just gonna get myself a dog. :lol:

Good idea, I hear they make a great stew when things get tough. ;) Kidding of course (sort of).

I started erring on the side of caution yesterday. No eyes or nose touching, wash my paws frequently and I told the daughter that today is the last social event till this blows over (friends birthday party). If she can’t go to school, having all the classmates gather in a home kind of defeats the purpose.

Wife went to a concert on Thursday, said a few people had masked on and I’ve seen a few on the street.

I don’t fear for myself, but I’d hate to pass it on to my buddy’s pregnant wife, or someone with a compromised immune system, so I’m going to act as though I knew I had a cold and assume others have one as well.

greenhuman
03-14-2020, 10:13 AM
We have to get to the bottom of this TP issue.

ATC King
03-14-2020, 11:23 AM
It's a dirty conspiracy involving a lot of brown nosing.

Arky-X
03-14-2020, 11:49 AM
Dam I best go look at that 65 el Camino I’ve been eye balling then.

Be sure and use Covid-19 as an excuse to lowball em

DAM shop
03-14-2020, 11:59 AM
The difference between a brown noser and a kiss ass is depth perception.

DAM shop
03-14-2020, 12:08 PM

My kid just took advantage and booked a trip to Hawaii.

Arky-X
03-14-2020, 12:28 PM
Those who sell the panic.....also sell the pill

coolpool
03-14-2020, 12:42 PM
Forget the BYOB clause for people coming to a party, it's now BYOTP!

As weird as it seems for us apologetic Canadians, there's been an increase in gun and ammo sales as of late in our little city. Now that's out of character for sure! We have a bad enough crime problem with all the tweakers running around stealing stuff; now add extreme unemployment rates and what do people do when down on their luck, start using more and adding to the crime problem. I've got a gun for every window; just saying.

I'm going to weld some steel plate to the wifeys Ford Edge today just to be safe, lol. Anyone know any true "preppers"? They must be saying I told you so right about now.

Scootertrash
03-14-2020, 01:09 PM

That's a crappy thing to say, a lot of people are wiped out from trying to find TP.......

I'm trying to limit myself, I don't want to get on a roll *cough, cough*

Scootertrash
03-14-2020, 01:12 PM
We have to get to the bottom of this TP issue.

Well, you're from the land down under, soooooo..... :shiftyeyes::wondering:naughty:

Scootertrash
03-14-2020, 07:50 PM
Well, Well, Well:

For once, the conversation over closing the US-Mexico border is being driven b Mexican health officials who say they are considering shutting out Americans to keep coronavirus out of their country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8110163/Mexico-wants-close-border-Americans-stop-spread-coronavirus.html

MrConcdid
03-14-2020, 08:14 PM
So I drove 2 hours and bought this. Yeah me

While I was out i encountered an interesting fella buying a whole basket of ammo, I ask what? is there a sell or something? he said no stocking up. I said stocking up for what? he didn't say anything, but the look in his eyes said he really didn't have an answer.
I laugh cause I stocked up years ago, now I don't even worry about those type things.
Stocking up during an event is WAY to late.

So when asked what I did during the virus, I can say I bout a 200x with a smile.
MrC
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/a165e59121e491e6142b0c1e5a566113.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/69802326c37874faa6639bdeff7f15ed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/c1af6bc7b47c74139d1e44281825ae83.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/0d8b374453b6adad8c913155d058df79.jpg

plastikosmd
03-14-2020, 08:40 PM
Nice score

Jaywood1207
03-14-2020, 09:48 PM
Finally figured out why everyone is stockpiling TP. Whenever someone sneezes everyone else �� themselves.

ATC King
03-14-2020, 11:47 PM
A long read, but interesting.

http://www.dansmc.com/Plague.htm
http://www.dansmc.com/Plague_files/cover2.jpg

From this guys motorcycle website.
http://www.dansmc.com/index.htm
http://www.dansmc.com/ebola.htm

Scootertrash
03-15-2020, 10:03 PM
:D:lol::lol::lol:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/isis-advises-terrorists-to-steer-clear-of-europe-during-coronavirus-outbreak

Scootertrash
03-16-2020, 07:22 AM
Update on the situation in Italy:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/14/italians-80-will-left-die-country-overwhelmed-coronavirus/

veyeable
03-16-2020, 10:34 AM
Stocked my pantry with food and stayed at home. I'm not used to it but I don't want to get infected.

Tri-Z 250
03-16-2020, 11:18 AM
You didn’t know Silvia did: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/did-psychic-sylvia-browne-predict-the-coronavirus-12-years-ago.html%3foutputType=amp

ironchop
03-16-2020, 12:08 PM
Update on the situation in Italy:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/14/italians-80-will-left-die-country-overwhelmed-coronavirus/Eugenics in practice..... This is meant to normalize the idea of eugenics and martial control within a population

Scootertrash
03-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Exactly.

But there will be no "rationing" of health care with a single payer system, we've been told.

DAM shop
03-17-2020, 09:58 AM
Be safe and smart out there folks. This is an increasingly changing situation by the day. Even if you don’t agree with the severity of this situation at least think about the older community. Also you may want to think of ways to connect other than in person with some of the older folks you may know. Most states will or are requiring older folks to shelter in place meaning they won’t be getting the kind of personal contact that gives them purpose. This alone could bring on a whole new set of challenges for our older community ( not having that social or purposeful interaction).

oldskool83
03-17-2020, 07:53 PM
I have a bargain grocery behind where I live in walking distance. Today I got some things and not much was put of stock. Not alot of meat but they never have much. I got some lunch meat and bread since I felt like having somthing different then left overs. I rarely go anyware but work and get gas money weeks. Not doing much different since I still say this was done on purpose. If I was not healthy I may sing a different tune.

Scootertrash
03-18-2020, 06:14 AM
Get out your tinfoil.......or maybe not, but I think this theory has valid points.:

Full Disclosure: These are not my words, but borrowed from another forum, posted by member EdgecrusherXES

This is a scam on a global scale..... The media is in on it and a bunch of people are going to get rich off of this. Cause panic, tank the market, people with disposable income buy up stuff while it is cheap. Panic subsides, markets recover, and boom, sell off the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro you bought cheap. Not rocket science to see this is a panic over nothing. Yes, people die all the time from viral infections. Flu kills way more people each year and still has a much higher mortality rate than corona. The weak have always died from infections since the beginning of time and will till the end of time.

I may not have gone to MIT but I do have a BA in Biology and MA in Chemisty. I can tell you the overreaction to coronavirus is facking hilarious when you consider the much deadlier viruses that exist like influenza, hantavirus, ebola, aids, and many more much scarier and deadlier. The average healthy person is going to get this virus, exhibit symptoms for 2-3 days and be back good as new within a week. The weak people with compromised immune systems or young children as always are the most susceptible to any disease. What should scare you will be the over prescribing of antibiotics that people are going to take wrong and develop more antibiotic resistant super bacteria.

ETA: I'll add a layer or 2 of more tinfoil:

Chinas economy was taking a big hit because of the trade sanctions.

A few months ago one of the Chinese ministers of something hinted at a retaliatory strike at the U.S . for the trade sanctions.

The Dems and China have been in bed together forever.

China and the Dems both want to get rid of Trump.

This doesn't just trash the U.S. economy, it trashes the world economy. The Dems and the media will find a way to blame Trump.

Pretty convenient timing for this to happen this close to the election.

Did I miss anything?

Billy Golightly
03-18-2020, 09:10 AM
I traveled to Dallas last week for a real estate convention that I kind of had to go to (contractually). Most of the orders suggesting disbandment of groups 500 or more, canceling of the sports games, etc. happened while I was out there and the thing was going on. I don't know how big it was, but it was pretty big. 3-400 people probably. maybe bigger.

I've been sick since Sunday, when I got back. I've basically isolated myself to my house, not going into the office or going down to mom and dad's house. Dad is almost 90 and the definition of high risk...I did go to an eye doctors yesterday because I thought i had a double eye infection going on at the same time as this, and I was really starting to get freaked out, but apparently that was just a really bad allergic reaction according to the eye doc. Never had my eyes leak puss and goo to the extent they matted themselves shut before, so I had a little bit of cause for concern..

I haven't been to a primary care doctor yet because I'm hardly ever ill except for usually this time a year every year I get a head cold from the pollen and allergies and stuff. So far I've just had nasal congestion / sinus pressure and probably one of the worst sore throats I've ever had. I'm already self isolating. Yesterday I started getting a cough for the first time, and this morning early I woke up with some phlemy trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro in my lungs. Which, obviously not the first time that's happened before, but the timeline on the wuhan virus seems to be 2 weeks for people when it really kicks in, and I'm probably going into the second week from whatever I have, really get started since my symptoms showed up Saturday night/Sunday. I also read this morning, that the Frenchies have recommended against taking ibuprofen if you suspect you may be a carrier because of something that it interacts with. I of course have been taking every over the counter cold medicine with ibuprofen in it and taking the standalone ones like skittles to help with the sore throat. So I guess I'm done doing that and I have to find some dayquill or acetiminophen based ones.

If it doesn't get better soon, I'm probably going to do one of those online tele-med doctor deals to see if I can get an antibiotic prescription without having to go and sit in an actual doctors office. Knowing my luck, if this isn't the wuhan virus, I'd probably catch it from someone sitting in a conventional waiting room, going to get something to help cure the common cold.

I don't doubt, and don't disagree there is a lot of mass hysteria going on here, but our economy is dropping like a friggen tricone drill head, and that is going to kill and mess up people's lives more than the virus itself is I think, but don't discount the virus either...

There hasn't ever been major restrictions on travel and congregating in public like there is now, ever, I don't think, and we're not the only country obviously. The powers that be know a lot more about this thing than you or I ever will.

Buy what you need and stock up what you can, and be safe out there.

Scootertrash
03-18-2020, 01:05 PM
Coronavirus symptoms:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc. gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fsymptoms.html

Scootertrash
03-18-2020, 01:08 PM
I think I'm going to hold off on picking up coronavirus-19 and wait until they release coronavirus-20. Hopefully they'll have the bugs worked out by then

DAM shop
03-18-2020, 01:25 PM
I think I'm going to hold off on picking up coronavirus-19 and wait until they release coronavirus-20. Hopefully they'll have the bugs worked out by then

LMAO! :lol:

ironchop
03-18-2020, 02:23 PM
Speaking of China and the former protesters in CN and HK..... Let's not forget that France has had Yellow Vest riots every weekend for over a year and a half and now, magically, the French government doesn't have to worry about that anymore. Italy is destitute and was having internal EU doubts, etc

I agree that this was done on purpose

It's brilliant, honestly. They are bringing us all under complete economic and free travel/free commerce control and they never had to arrest the first person or fire a single shot. Globalism is victorious and if you disagree, we'll wreck your economy and bring you in line with the rest of the terrified and dependent masses.

All the first "lockdown" responses from government's seem to be coincidentally largely Democrat controlled..... All the big Democrat donors like Disney jumped on board. The NFL, NCAA, and NBA are merely modern day sports plantations full of black athletes that they use without apology to make money, so they do their best to fall in line with current progressive political narratives. I'm not surprised how they "fell in line" either. I'm sure there are backroom deals to ensure "profits are sustained" much like they did for the insurance companies within the ACA. Democrat's never hurt their own big business.

Same with closing mom and pop restaurants and bars who don't do carryout or drive thru...... Continentally, a large majority of the major chain restaurants in America have some form of carryout or a drive thru window.... They will survive just fine, their independent competition is doomed, I think.

If anyone with a biomedical degree or a brain thinks that food served thru a window or a carryout situation is much less likely to be contaminated by Covid19, you are fooling yourself and others. Unlike what medical professionals tend to do, Wendy's employees are not washing hands or changing gloves between each customer that they serve. So basically, their attempts at virus control are haphazard and dangerous. They touch every dollar bill and every debit or credit card with the same food service gloves as the previous customers. How could they be so careless? Because I think this is all fake panic staged to wreck a market, fuel votes for more legislation to curb personal freedom, expand the power of the federal government (which is the mantra of Democrat party platform).

I hope I'm totally wrong

Don't you why Walmart isn't shut down? I think it's because they don't have a drive thru window to help them stay in business. Walmart sees far more foot traffic than an Arby's franchise store and they handle more infected money in one hour than Arby's will all day. Walmart gets to escape the "decrees" because if they lose money, China loses customers for their cheap junk products and the Democratic party donor Walmart doesn't suffer the ill effects of this manufactured crisis.

This is why you see half-hearted "closures"

UAW (United Democrat Superpac of America) urges the big three automakers to close down plants

Left bias news like Yahoo celebrating the market crash in op-ed articles by saying "Nobody ever gets reelected during a recession. Trump is finished".... That's supposed to be something to cheer about? People are sick and dying and that's a good thing for Democrats? Holy Cow, those people suck.

Teachers Union (another extension of the DNC) supports school closures "for the safety of the children" (an old tired tactic frequently used by the Union to guilt people into going along with whatever the bullies want). I want my kids safe no matter what so I won't complain about this stance, I'm just suspicious of the agenda behind it.

Tech companies and social media giants, mostly DNC donors, quickly moving to have employees "work from home" to feed the panic?? Hmmmmmm. (That's me just speculating again, I could be dead wrong)

Cities and States who were broke or on the verge of being broke were the first to declare "emergencies". They quickly reserved their spots in the Federal Emergency Funding line. Everything is a slush fund. Our own newly minted left wing nutjob governor declared an emergency when less than 20 ppl were infected here and not one death had yet occurred. He's also been leading the charge nationally.... Because ultimately, it's all about that future run for the white house for these guys, especially governor's, if you know what I mean.

Follow the donations trail and the fear-porn purveyors in the media and the two lines converge pretty quickly

The DNC/Pelosi Inc showed how much they really don't care about Covid 19 by attempting to slip in a huge Fetacide funding package in an emergency health bill.

Fox news (owned by Progressives) did their best to fire up the right wingers with such tactics as articles that implied that China was trying to cut off our pharmaceutical supply to render us helpless because Trade War or whatever reason. It was all speculation and innuendo based on the cryptic comments of one single individual...... Fuel the panic, get the clicks. You can't just have one side of the coin acting unreasonably, they are equal opportunity propaganda artists.

Some of the biggest players helping spread panic and wreck the economy get salaries. Paid if you're present, paid off you're not present. How coincidental? Why would they care if Joe Factory Worker loses his house or Bob the Burger flipper loses his car he just purchased with his tax check down payment? All the more reason for a "guaranteed income"

Invent problem: Already have solutions

What?!?.... A virus gets transmitted by using paper cash? Oh, well then ban cash and go to totally digital and totally tracked debit cards.

Benefits of Global coronavirus Panic
1) go totally cashless society by making people fearful of using, accepting, or hording untraceable cash

2) helps quickly eliminate small business competition for corporations using "social distancing" and "unnecessary travel" as an excuse

3) stops internal protests and riots without using any force outside of propaganda

4) best way to keep citizenry from trusting each other or congregating in large numbers is a legitimate but overblown virus scare

5) develops reliance on government agencies for economic and personal security after market collapse which is always followed by a long recession.... Requiring constant "stimulus"... Actually show people what a worst case scenario regarding human behavior looks like to fuel the fear and increase the calls for federal intervention

6) resets the financial market using a fear narrative. Consequently, elite players and trading desks sell early and high, buy back low and take in even more money as the market rises until the next crash (roughly every ten years now, it seems)

7) establish eugenics policies to "dole out healthcare" to government approved and useful citizens

8) control interstate commerce....(btw, think about Amazon's sweetheart deal for the USPS to deliver their stuff NOW. Looks like their product delivery will get first billing over ALL of their competitors even moreso now)

9) Control education and force parents to do the brunt of the teaching and student hosting (around here. The kids have to still attend online at the same school hours so parents are now the teachers.....for free with none of the benefit or compensation given teachers). Effective way to remove half or more of the population from the workforce to educate their own kids and then be reliant on government stimulus themselves for the lost income

10) start food shortages..... No brainer... For control and/or population reduction (historically, Socialists seem to embrace famines and "coincidentally" are also terrible at handling them)

11) people who are terrified of unseen biological things are much easier to placate and control, overall. I remember when AIDS "came out".... You should've seen the freaking out going on.

12) nobody argues with the "logic" of the "experts"... Who wants to be a"denier"?.... You've already got the instant support of most of the population thru propaganda. I'm a logical guy too, so the idea of quarantines do bear ultimate merit for me. It's proven effective in every case.

13) .......I know there's got to be more individual benefits for the global puppeteers for this "crisis" I'm not thinking of... I'm not the brightest guy. I just think out loud alot.... You guys add to this list, please. I'm sure there's more

It's almost the perfect plan for seizing control with the least resistance

I'm not saying for certain there's a conspiracy.... But if there was, hypothetically, this one would be the most epic conspiracy ever conceived of and it's almost word-for-word what was foretold by a certain crowd to me and others as far back as the early 80s. Nam vets were the truthers back in those days. My dad was one and he and his nam buddy made sure I got an earful growing up.

I hope nobody else gets sick and I hope you feel better soon, Bill.

I won't deny it's a real virus and that it kills real people but I maintain that it's less deadly so far, than what we're used to in the recent past. I think this 24/7 media panic has really convenient timing but then you factor in who all "led the charge" and that they are in effect, financially DOOMING several million people living paycheck to paycheck already. People from all economic classes are their retirement funds hammered.... no $1000 check can fix this. The whole thing is being perpetuated on us by people much more powerful than us and they don't care how they are destroying our personal lives. It's all just a game of numbers to them.

Wonder when the FEMA steps in. I heard they got camps where they help people.

If I were a fascist dictator on the rise, this whole thing is exactly what I'd do to cement absolute power. Just saying.

Here's a screenshot of the latest reported numbers of infected and dead.... It's kind of a slow mover, for a virus....when you compare this number to the one I quoted above several days agohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200318/f4385b4053650c5fa5b5b88a074e2d2a.jpg

Arky-X
03-18-2020, 02:56 PM
Wife and I are working from home. We are fortunate we can and our companies are urging non-essential employees to do so. Still got plenty of work on my plate no matter where my non-essential butt is sitting.

One kid home from college while they are on-line for the foreseeable future. The other is still on campus but doing on-line through end of semester. He will probably come back in a week or two and just do on-line from home. He needs to stay on campus with all his healthy college buddies and then come home and bring us the virus, I guess.

I have siblings that are in retail. They have no choice but to open and they've actually had a few customers. Businesses like that are what I worry about.
Worry about my mom (80yrs) but she is holed-up in the country and in her words "ain't going anywhere." One of my siblings checks on her and is careful when doing that. You'd be surprised how tough and resourceful the generation before us is. They lived on a lot less "necessities" than we ever imagined.

I wonder how the more rural places in the US will fare compared to the larger metropolitan areas.
Mass transit, crowded streets, housing stacked on top of one another.......I can see those places being inundated with critical cases because of how this spreads. In rural places, isolating a population that is already somewhat isolated may help those areas quite a bit.....let's pray.

I thought this article was interesting (yes...the WAPO) how it shows how isolation helps in keeping a virus spreading quickly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

But at what cost to society?
If we take these actions for this, why don't we for others that are dangerous? This one's new, it's shiny, but someone said it is unknown so we have to be afraid.

Wash your dang hands people!

Arky-X
03-18-2020, 03:37 PM
Chop,
Appreciate the read. The older I get, the more plausible the "crazy" theories seem more like reality.

You mentioned the retirements (401k for me) and yes, it has tanked. But I'm one of the sheep that follows the financial experts and think long-term and let the money ride in stocks. Now I am seeing that is more like others predicted (and you hint at) that it lets them use my money to make their money. What this dip also does is keep me working that much longer. I had plans on getting out by 60 but I don't see the man letting me do that. Gotta keep the sheep working.

The only thing I would add to your insight is.........there's a vaccine sitting in a drawer somewhere.
Those that sell the panic.....sell the pill.

Shep1970
03-18-2020, 03:57 PM
The wife just got word from the state that to finish up the wk but “do not” re-open on Monday until ????? Unknown....
Sure is going to get interesting around here...
She works for TLE learning centers a nationwide daycare chain.
Unsure if closing across the country but here in MA they are and I’m sure other states will follow suite.

There goes my free/time.......

Shep

Billy Golightly
03-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Coronavirus symptoms:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc. gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fsymptoms.html

Fortunately I've not shown any fever yet

Scootertrash
03-19-2020, 07:10 AM
If I remember correctly it's a dry cough, and head congestion is not a symptom of COVID-19.

Scootertrash
03-19-2020, 07:21 AM
Speaking of China and the former protesters in CN and HK..... Let's not forget that France has had Yellow Vest riots every weekend for over a year and a half and now, magically, the French government doesn't have to worry about that anymore. Italy is destitute and was having internal EU doubts, etc

I agree that this was done on purpose

It's brilliant, honestly. They are bringing us all under complete economic and free travel/free commerce control and they never had to arrest the first person or fire a single shot. Globalism is victorious and if you disagree, we'll wreck your economy and bring you in line with the rest of the terrified and dependent masses.

All the first "lockdown" responses from government's seem to be coincidentally largely Democrat controlled..... All the big Democrat donors like Disney jumped on board. The NFL, NCAA, and NBA are merely modern day sports plantations full of black athletes that they use without apology to make money, so they do their best to fall in line with current progressive political narratives. I'm not surprised how they "fell in line" either. I'm sure there are backroom deals to ensure "profits are sustained" much like they did for the insurance companies within the ACA. Democrat's never hurt their own big business.

Same with closing mom and pop restaurants and bars who don't do carryout or drive thru...... Continentally, a large majority of the major chain restaurants in America have some form of carryout or a drive thru window.... They will survive just fine, their independent competition is doomed, I think.

If anyone with a biomedical degree or a brain thinks that food served thru a window or a carryout situation is much less likely to be contaminated by Covid19, you are fooling yourself and others. Unlike what medical professionals tend to do, Wendy's employees are not washing hands or changing gloves between each customer that they serve. So basically, their attempts at virus control are haphazard and dangerous. They touch every dollar bill and every debit or credit card with the same food service gloves as the previous customers. How could they be so careless? Because I think this is all fake panic staged to wreck a market, fuel votes for more legislation to curb personal freedom, expand the power of the federal government (which is the mantra of Democrat party platform).

I hope I'm totally wrong

Don't you why Walmart isn't shut down? I think it's because they don't have a drive thru window to help them stay in business. Walmart sees far more foot traffic than an Arby's franchise store and they handle more infected money in one hour than Arby's will all day. Walmart gets to escape the "decrees" because if they lose money, China loses customers for their cheap junk products and the Democratic party donor Walmart doesn't suffer the ill effects of this manufactured crisis.

This is why you see half-hearted "closures"

UAW (United Democrat Superpac of America) urges the big three automakers to close down plants

Left bias news like Yahoo celebrating the market crash in op-ed articles by saying "Nobody ever gets reelected during a recession. Trump is finished".... That's supposed to be something to cheer about? People are sick and dying and that's a good thing for Democrats? Holy Cow, those people suck.

Teachers Union (another extension of the DNC) supports school closures "for the safety of the children" (an old tired tactic frequently used by the Union to guilt people into going along with whatever the bullies want). I want my kids safe no matter what so I won't complain about this stance, I'm just suspicious of the agenda behind it.

Tech companies and social media giants, mostly DNC donors, quickly moving to have employees "work from home" to feed the panic?? Hmmmmmm. (That's me just speculating again, I could be dead wrong)

Cities and States who were broke or on the verge of being broke were the first to declare "emergencies". They quickly reserved their spots in the Federal Emergency Funding line. Everything is a slush fund. Our own newly minted left wing nutjob governor declared an emergency when less than 20 ppl were infected here and not one death had yet occurred. He's also been leading the charge nationally.... Because ultimately, it's all about that future run for the white house for these guys, especially governor's, if you know what I mean.

Follow the donations trail and the fear-porn purveyors in the media and the two lines converge pretty quickly

The DNC/Pelosi Inc showed how much they really don't care about Covid 19 by attempting to slip in a huge Fetacide funding package in an emergency health bill.

Fox news (owned by Progressives) did their best to fire up the right wingers with such tactics as articles that implied that China was trying to cut off our pharmaceutical supply to render us helpless because Trade War or whatever reason. It was all speculation and innuendo based on the cryptic comments of one single individual...... Fuel the panic, get the clicks. You can't just have one side of the coin acting unreasonably, they are equal opportunity propaganda artists.

Some of the biggest players helping spread panic and wreck the economy get salaries. Paid if you're present, paid off you're not present. How coincidental? Why would they care if Joe Factory Worker loses his house or Bob the Burger flipper loses his car he just purchased with his tax check down payment? All the more reason for a "guaranteed income"

Invent problem: Already have solutions

What?!?.... A virus gets transmitted by using paper cash? Oh, well then ban cash and go to totally digital and totally tracked debit cards.

Benefits of Global coronavirus Panic
1) go totally cashless society by making people fearful of using, accepting, or hording untraceable cash

2) helps quickly eliminate small business competition for corporations using "social distancing" and "unnecessary travel" as an excuse

3) stops internal protests and riots without using any force outside of propaganda

4) best way to keep citizenry from trusting each other or congregating in large numbers is a legitimate but overblown virus scare

5) develops reliance on government agencies for economic and personal security after market collapse which is always followed by a long recession.... Requiring constant "stimulus"... Actually show people what a worst case scenario regarding human behavior looks like to fuel the fear and increase the calls for federal intervention

6) resets the financial market using a fear narrative. Consequently, elite players and trading desks sell early and high, buy back low and take in even more money as the market rises until the next crash (roughly every ten years now, it seems)

7) establish eugenics policies to "dole out healthcare" to government approved and useful citizens

8) control interstate commerce....(btw, think about Amazon's sweetheart deal for the USPS to deliver their stuff NOW. Looks like their product delivery will get first billing over ALL of their competitors even moreso now)

9) Control education and force parents to do the brunt of the teaching and student hosting (around here. The kids have to still attend online at the same school hours so parents are now the teachers.....for free with none of the benefit or compensation given teachers). Effective way to remove half or more of the population from the workforce to educate their own kids and then be reliant on government stimulus themselves for the lost income

10) start food shortages..... No brainer... For control and/or population reduction (historically, Socialists seem to embrace famines and "coincidentally" are also terrible at handling them)

11) people who are terrified of unseen biological things are much easier to placate and control, overall. I remember when AIDS "came out".... You should've seen the freaking out going on.

12) nobody argues with the "logic" of the "experts"... Who wants to be a"denier"?.... You've already got the instant support of most of the population thru propaganda. I'm a logical guy too, so the idea of quarantines do bear ultimate merit for me. It's proven effective in every case.

13) .......I know there's got to be more individual benefits for the global puppeteers for this "crisis" I'm not thinking of... I'm not the brightest guy. I just think out loud alot.... You guys add to this list, please. I'm sure there's more

It's almost the perfect plan for seizing control with the least resistance

I'm not saying for certain there's a conspiracy.... But if there was, hypothetically, this one would be the most epic conspiracy ever conceived of and it's almost word-for-word what was foretold by a certain crowd to me and others as far back as the early 80s. Nam vets were the truthers back in those days. My dad was one and he and his nam buddy made sure I got an earful growing up.

I hope nobody else gets sick and I hope you feel better soon, Bill.

I won't deny it's a real virus and that it kills real people but I maintain that it's less deadly so far, than what we're used to in the recent past. I think this 24/7 media panic has really convenient timing but then you factor in who all "led the charge" and that they are in effect, financially DOOMING several million people living paycheck to paycheck already. People from all economic classes are their retirement funds hammered.... no $1000 check can fix this. The whole thing is being perpetuated on us by people much more powerful than us and they don't care how they are destroying our personal lives. It's all just a game of numbers to them.

Wonder when the FEMA steps in. I heard they got camps where they help people.

If I were a fascist dictator on the rise, this whole thing is exactly what I'd do to cement absolute power. Just saying.

Here's a screenshot of the latest reported numbers of infected and dead.... It's kind of a slow mover, for a virus....when you compare this number to the one I quoted above several days agohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200318/f4385b4053650c5fa5b5b88a074e2d2a.jpg

Only quoted to keep these ideas together.

Here's another thing: The government(s) will now have the personal DNA of anyone who got tested, all voluntarily.

Possibly a new push for chipping humans "to speed up the process for testing in dire emergency situations such as this TO HELP SAVE LIVES:rolleyes:

ironchop
03-19-2020, 08:11 AM

Possibly a new push for chipping humans "to speed up the process for testing in dire emergency situations such as this TO HELP SAVE LIVES:rolleyes:

I would put the chip in the vaccine.

Checkmate.

But that's just me..... haha!

Billy Golightly
03-19-2020, 09:54 AM
If I remember correctly it's a dry cough, and head congestion is not a symptom of COVID-19.

Not sure how that can be right since it ultimately leads to pneumonia when your lungs fill up with flui and phlegm, but ?? Mine started as very little cough, and what was, was dry, until about 2 days ago, and now I'm getting crap up. It seems to really sneak down in my lungs at night. I've about killed my throat from forcefully coughing it back up to get it out, but usually after I've been up an hour or so I can get it all coughed up and out.

Maybe it starts as a dry cough and transitions into mucus crap later on.

Billy Golightly
03-19-2020, 09:56 AM
Only quoted to keep these ideas together.

Here's another thing: The government(s) will now have the personal DNA of anyone who got tested, all voluntarily.

Wow. I'm about as much as the conspiratorial type as anyone and even I never considered the fact that these are all DNA samples also!!

Holy smokes...

Arky-X
03-19-2020, 01:12 PM
I read this on another forum;

A fishing tournament I entered for Saturday was cancelled. Seriously? We're outside, on the lake, and there is already a rule against fishing within 25 yards of another boat. And...we don't have spectators.

Some of this has to be "it would be callous to be out having fun while people are suffering."

I suppose people would frown on someone hopping on your 3-wheeler and going for a ride too. They think you are either spreading germs everywhere while you ride through the woods......or you can't be having a little fun right now.

Shep1970
03-19-2020, 01:40 PM
This large circus type tent just went up overnight at my local cvs-
Kinda scary-lots of activity
Supposedly there’s 20-30 cases in my town alone
This cvs is two towns away/
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/a2561f15179e4f21c44f934fe436fb85.jpg

Shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scootertrash
03-19-2020, 02:52 PM
Maybe it starts as a dry cough and transitions into mucus crap later on.

That was my interpretation of the symptoms, starts as a dry cough. Sorry I wasn't a bit clearer. Although it doesn't say "dry cough" in the CDC description of the symptoms now:wondering

Scootertrash
03-19-2020, 03:27 PM
This large circus type tent just went up overnight at my local cvs-
Kinda scary-lots of activity
Supposedly there’s 20-30 cases in my town alone
This cvs is two towns away/
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/a2561f15179e4f21c44f934fe436fb85.jpg

Shep

Probably a drive up testing facility

shortline10
03-19-2020, 08:04 PM
I just watched a video were a doctor claims that this virus is so easily infectious that it can survive up to 3 hours floating in the air , so being vigilant of the keeping your distance rule seems like a good idea but if it’s just floating around then ?

MrConcdid
03-19-2020, 10:26 PM
3 hrs is pretty strong, a good fart only last a minute and a half.

There is a travel band coming. get somewhere safe and stay put people.
MrC.
Hope to see you all on the other side.....

El Camexican
03-20-2020, 12:03 AM
I just watched a video were a doctor claims that this virus is so easily infectious that it can survive up to 3 hours floating in the air , so being vigilant of the keeping your distance rule seems like a good idea but if it’s just floating around then ?

My wife said she watched a video where the doctor says that it is a, and I quote “heavy virus” meaning that it falls to the ground just a few feet away from whoever might expel it from their lungs while coughing.

Spoke with my brother a couple days ago. He’s a doctor and he feels that it’s only a matter of time before everybody on the planet is exposed to this thing, it’s just that if it happens too quickly every heath system in the world is going to be crushed versus if we can just slowly pass it on to each other over an extended period there’s a chance that the health systems can keep up and eventually a vaccine will be developed.

I’m still hoping that warm weather is the answer because it’s been hot as hell down here lately but the same can be said about Laredo Texas and they already have a few cases including the school teacher of my friends daughter who tested positive early this week. As I was hanging out with him Wednesday Thursday and Friday of last week I guess there is a possibility that I’ve bet exposed is his daughter was. I do feel like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, but that’s how I feel most of the time so I’m not too worried.

On the plus side of things there’s almost no traffic here and we still have toilet paper. There’s no hand cleaner or Lysol, but we still have hand soap.

Hopefully this is all overblown, but just in case I’m cutting back on eye rubbing and gold digging.

shortline10
03-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Seems like the Japanese are figuring it out .
Cured in 4 days .

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/japanese-flu-drug-appears-effective-in-coronavirus-treatment-in-chinese-clinical-trials/

DAM shop
03-20-2020, 04:20 PM
Well here we go my neighboring state of Illinois just shut down. It’s just a matter of time for us here in the corn patch. I sure hope not, I get cabin fever in 2-4 hours can’t imagine for weeks. :acr

HorseMcHorseman
03-20-2020, 10:54 PM
while replacing both hubs on one of my trailers, I discovered a lack of washers which no doubt led to them failing because the bearings weren’t tight, went to napa to get washers and grease.

napa wasn’t letting anyone inside and they only took credit cards.

got grease from napa but they didn’t have the washers, had to get some at home depot, the only size they had that was going to fit inside the grease caps didn’t have a big enough hole to fit on axle shank, had to use a dremel to open up the insides of the washers and got them to fit.
new hubs are now tight and ready to roll.

whole point of that was the napa thing, figured i’d mention it

pennington2002
03-21-2020, 04:54 AM
Been wanting to do this for a few years now. Figured now seems like good timing, prices are pretty low and the whole, what if this turns bad mentality is hard to avoid. I don't know if it's a conspiracy or not, and I don't much care either, because getting all worked up over something that non of us can change doesn't help anyway. What will help a lot if things really get bad?

A barrel of diesel, a barrel of ethanol free gasoline, all my Jerry cans and all my equipment topped off. I'm a very happy boy today!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to install a bidet. Laugh all you want, but I learned years ago that those things are magical the day after hot wings! And I live me some wings. Again, this has been something I've wanted for a long time. A tip for any of you interested: the best bidet I've ever used is the very simple and not likely to be sold out of, kitchen sink sprayer hose. Install one of those little babies into your toilet water line, find a way to hang it from the back of the toilet, and you've got precise aim and pressure control directly under your thumb!

Also, getting my two big water totes filled up tomorrow. That's the one glaring problem I have at my property. We have an excellent drilled well, but if utilities are lost, we have no way of getting the water out. So a little over 500 gallons of stocked drinking water will buy me enough time to get my generator going.

So yeah, I've happily been using this situation to take care of a few things I've been too lax on. And by the way our stocks look, and just being realistic about finances, it's looking like unemployment is going to be our biggest problem a year from now. And we thought it was bad in 2008. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200321/5a3537aeedfbcb87b6542f43574c92f1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ironchop
03-21-2020, 02:27 PM
I picked my wife up from her aunt's yesterday and Fox news was on the tv...... Wow, they were really playing up to the hype with live death/infection counters and the live stock market ticker all on the same screen

Every channel is touting "experts" who have no idea when, where, how.... Only what... No answers, just speculation everywhere.

I paid $1.63/gallon for gas yesterday in Scottsburg Indiana. I can't complain about the gas prices.

The meat prices, however, are disappointing. Our local Kroger was price gouging on meat right before they ran out

We are good on all supplies but I got extra propane and fuel and a little more food

So imagine if we reported Flu deaths like we have Covid-19...... Neither one of them technically kill you by itself, but the complications from the infection, like pneumonia, are what is deadly to folks. Then all the stations can do live death updates and get everyone fired up and then interject their political opinions while they have the microphone. Let no opportunity for f*ckery go unrealized.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

I heard Sean Penn was interviewed about the matter..... That guy is a douchebag. He is also no expert on anything other than celebrity narcissism. Who even gives this clown any validity for what he says?

If you want a celebrity, Dexter Holland from The Offspring actually has a PhD in Molecular Biology. Penn is just some priveledged actor/celebrity dickhead, like Bono who imagine himself some sort of expert on world geopolitics. At least pick someone with real scientific knowledge. Acting isn't knowledge, it's professional pretending. Professional pretenders don't solve a damn thing outside of boredom.

Hey Sean Penn, unless you will welcome a PhD astrophysicist to critique your acting and give you tips on how to pretend better, then STFU.

I'd also like all those senators on that committee(R&D both) investigated for ethics violations and insider trading.

Also, Starbucks pulled some shady stuff too by using the virus panic and reporting huge future losses in China to manipulate their stock price as low as possible, then immediately buying back 40 million shares, at the bargain basement panic market crash price. You don't buyback your own stock unless you're sitting on a ton of cash and you ultimately want the share price to rise afterwards (which usually happens after a buyback). Incite a lack of confidence in your own stock, watch it tumble in price, buy back a bunch of outstanding shares at a huge discount, then the share value increases because companies who do buybacks are considered a good investment, and then take in your dividends.

Every major finance or market publication has written at least one article decrying this practice. It's a controversial subject and technically manipulation but it's taboo to discuss how to fix the issue. The Market hates regulation.

knappyfeet
03-21-2020, 07:17 PM
I picked my wife up from her aunt's yesterday and Fox news was on the tv...... Wow, they were really playing up to the hype with live death/infection counters and the live stock market ticker all on the same

I literally quit watching the news at the house... And if I see it on I turn it off. I'm not burying my head in the sand but I don't need the be bombarded with Doomsday News every minute of every second of every day. I listen to talk radio during the day at work so I get my information there about this flu bug.... But lately I've just been listening to XM Radio.... just for music and stuff.

There's food and toilet paper and stuff......a little less on the shelves but it's still there.

But I have learned a valuable lesson from all this.... And that I'm much more afraid of the wacko people than I am of the virus. People watch all this crap all day and start to freak out....that's more troubling than the flu bug

ATC King
03-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Not too long ago, most country/rural living people always had a couple months of provisions on hand at any moment. It was normal to have a small surplus of canned goods, cleaning supplies, fuel for whatever needed fuel including wood for heating, and basically anything to be self sufficient.

That was my grandparents and to a large degree, my own parents. Mom spent winter canning things because the wood heater was going anyway, and that's what she cooked a lot of food on. My grandparents had a walk-in pantry, filled top to bottom with canned foods. By canned, I mean jarred too. Our storm cellar at home was where most of the canned items mom made were kept.

Myself, when I buy things like toilet paper, detergent, personal hygiene products, dry and canned foods, I buy at least a months worth. I don't do it because I'm preparing for anything, it's because things generally cost less that way and there's no sense in going to the store every week for things I know I'm going to need until I die. Fresh food is something I expect to buy at least once a week, everything else can sit on a shelf until needed.

My pickup holds 55 gallons of fuel, and it's not the only vehicle I own. My normal issue with fuel is I don't use enough and have to rotate it to keep it from going stale. That's pretty easy to do with the motorcycles, trikes, and other small engines. I truly do rotate fuel in things I don't use much, but I keep them full because anything that has the potential to be used, needs to have a full tank. I drive so little on average, that I put fuel in my pickup maybe once a month, but it's often longer than that, and I don't wait until it's near empty.

I go in Walmart today, toilet paper, alcohol, hand sanitizer, hand wipes, every thing of that nature is completely gone. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SHORTAGE OF FOOD ON THE SHELVES! Plenty of milk, bread, and eggs.

If people aren't eating anymore food, what the hell do they need so much toilet paper for! I would have an answer to that if the shelves were bare of hand lotion too, but they're not.

There's no fuel shortage either. I topped everything off on the way home and filled up some extra cans, because that's what I normally do.

I thought this virus caused things like pneumonia, not irrational binge purchases and colon blow.

On a side note, most home toilets are right next to a shower. It's pretty easy to jump in an wash the hiney if the TP is gone, and anybody depositing turds at a frequency that requires massive amounts of TP daily needs to wash their butt anyway. That thing is probably bleeding from TP burn.

pennington2002
03-22-2020, 05:17 AM
Hahaha, YES! I don't get the toilet paper thing either. Don't know how that got started. Luckily for me, my wife has always had a fear of running out of the stuff, so at any given time we could have as many as 20 rolls on hand! Haven't needed any so far. About your jump in the shower idea- of course, you are correct. However, I feel like within the past 20 years or so, the average American's level of innovation sits right at stupid. Not saying that everyone is stupid, just that they are about as inventive as that guy all of us know who is a top notch idiot. People just seem to have lost the ability to think past their one or two skills that they have accumulated.

I may be wrong, but I bet about 15% of our general population would not see the simple solution of jumping in the shower. They'd think, "Oh man! Well, guess I just gotta pull my pants up and deal with it!".

I've been trying to tell people as much as I can, just get an empty bottle of dish washing liquid, or some water bottles could be used, fill it with water and BOOM- instant portable bidet!

Their minds are blown, and I am their new god.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scootertrash
03-22-2020, 08:27 AM
On Friday I stopped at Fleet Farm for a few odds and ends, I was specifically in search of some .22 short for training the new puppy for gunshot noise. There was about an hour wait for the gun purchase line, ammo shelves were picked pretty much clean save for shotgun shells. Briefly chatted with one younger guy looking for .223/5.56, I just laughed and said "good luck":lol: I didn't wander thru the cleaning supplies or paper products. Crowd was what I would consider normal for a Friday afternoon. Only saw 2 people wearing masks.

Decided to stop in at Cabela's just for sh!ts and grins, normal amount of vehicles in the parking lot. Ammo shelves picked over, 2 hour wait for firearm purchase line. I decided to pick up a Sig P226 air pistol, CO2 cartridges and pellets. 1 stranger questioned me about the lack of ammo and other panic items in my cart, I just told him "If you've waited this long to stock up you're way behind the curve." He gave me a funny look, thought about it for a couple seconds, then said "Yea, I guess you're right." and shuffled away.

Scootertrash
03-22-2020, 08:35 AM
Yesterday the wife and I decided to try and help out with the toilet paper shortage, so we planted some toilet trees:D

Then I found these plans online for a backyard bidet, figgerd it'd be a good way to save on TP;)

Scootertrash
03-22-2020, 09:52 AM
I'll just leave this here:

ironchop
03-22-2020, 09:54 AM
Knock it off, Scooter. People hate facts and scientific knowledge. It gets in the way of a good narrative

*Edited the rest. No point in pointing out the obvious, again.

Scootertrash
03-22-2020, 10:52 AM
Knock it off, Scooter. People hate facts and scientific knowledge. It gets in the way of a good narrative

*Edited the rest. No point in pointing out the obvious, again.

You are correct!

Back on the hysterical panic front:

It looks like the scavengers have started roaming the countryside!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0PBg_3iVBw&feature=emb_logo

Shep1970
03-22-2020, 11:16 AM
You are correct!

Back on the hysterical panic front:

It looks like the scavengers have started roaming the countryside!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0PBg_3iVBw&feature=emb_logo

Atleast he got his doughnut....:D

Shep

ironchop
03-22-2020, 11:46 AM
So who's got cases in your towns or communities?

So far, Bowling Green has three confirmed positives and no reported deaths as of yet.

Unfortunately, two of the afflicted are in their 70s so I'm hoping they pull thru ok.

I live south of town a ways into the country and it's very dead out here as far as travel. I would estimate that as of yesterday, travel in City limits was also down about 80% so people are definitely heeding the warnings and staying home except for work and grocery store raids

Shep1970
03-22-2020, 03:13 PM
I live 30miles west of Logan (Boston) airport and about 12miles east from Worcester airport.
Normally there’s atleast 5-7 jet trails or planes visible here at all times. Now there pretty much non existent. It’s been along time since the sky’s been this blue and clear.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200322/935bf7983bbbf77575fcc4f563e0a224.jpg

I still don’t personally know of anyone sick. But we are under the big red circle on on the USA infected map.
Stocked up on smokes and Mountain Dew so all is good.

Shep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATC King
03-22-2020, 08:35 PM
We've got one, in the entire county and I believe it from a small town near here.

My sister is and RN, who cares for hospice patients. I'm a little worried about her contracting it, but more about her patients. She sees people die on a regular basis, that's her job, but an uptick in deaths would be harder to handle for everyone.

She was here with dad when he passed last year.

deathman53
03-22-2020, 09:16 PM
nothing at all. Except, nothing is open, I am not working, shooting ranges are closed and food stores are empty.....also I am very very bored.

Scootertrash
03-22-2020, 09:58 PM
'Chop, gentlemen, I offer you this:

(Full disclosure, I am not the originator of this, I'm merely passing it along)

China knew they could not win a shooting war with us, so they devised a way to defeat us with a bio-weapon that would collapse our economy. This is not unprecedented. Reagan collapsed the economy of the USSR by forcing them into an arms race with us that they could not win.

China vaccinated their entire population with the exception of Wuhan. Then they sent their biological kamikazes out to seed the world and destroy it economically. They calculated the thousands or millions of Chinese that would die would be far less then what would die in a conventional war or nuclear war with us. The numbers made sense, and now they are on their way to world wide economic dominance with colonization to follow.

The Hang Seng (chinese stock market) is going up. They are reporting no new infections. They want to resume tourism. They are done with this.

That absolutely does not make sense. China should be burning down right now. Their asymptomatic carriers should of seeded their entire country. But they are not. Its back to business as usual. Go ahead and engage in the comforting thought that they are ruined, but that's not true. Its the rest of the world that has been ruined.

And it is specious reasoning to think that the Chinese were incompetent enough to lose control of a novel pathogen but competent enough to snuff it out in Wuhan. Thats BS. They vaccinated their entire population with the exception of Wuhan.

And before you scoff, tell me does anyone know what doctors or nurses inject into your arms when you or your children get a vaccination? Have you done a chemical or biological analysis to confirm the vaccination is what they are telling you? The answer is no. You take their word on it. Same as the Chinese did when the state made a billion doses of coronavirus vaccine for their population.

pennington2002
03-23-2020, 12:11 AM
For some reason I was not able to see some images, now I can. Was asking why, but just edited because it is now pointless and I can't simply delete the whole post. Sorry for any confusion.

Arky-X
03-23-2020, 01:56 AM
165 confirmed in Arkansas.....no deaths yet

Unfortunately, several nursing homes have been hit with one of them having 35 residents and 6 staff members test positive........not good
We heard about someone we know (their mother) that is in that rest home and one that tested positive. Also have a friend whose mom (lives in another state) tested positive as well.
Sucks

Kids are home from college and 1 is for sure online rest of the semester. Other is online now but they haven't announced rest of the quarter will be online. I'm betting they will.
So food and TP are hot commodities in our house.

The stores are out of a lot of beef but we buy 1/2 beef at a time and fill the deep freeze. Don't have any ground beef left but I can grind some roast or other cuts if needed. Or just throw some steaks on the grill......that is fine with me.

We've got old cloth baby diapers that can serve as TP. My mom said, "With 7 kids, do you think we spent money on disposables?"

Wife and I both working from home. Set up our spare bedroom as an office over the weekend.

Try to find a nice day and head off to the national forest and drive on some of the county roads I haven't been on in years. Unplug for a day.

Stay safe

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Sounds like 1 case in my county (Sherburne county, just NW of the twin cities), 235 in the state, 1 death reported Saturday morning.

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:00 PM
Learn to Swim.

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 07:14 PM
Douchebikes? Is that you?

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Instant cyber bullying. Such a pvssy you are. Id fvcking dismantle you scooter. Shut the fvck up.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:22 PM
Q-anon idiot. You Fabio the mangod and Derg havin a fine circle jerk here as usual.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:24 PM
Theres 10 trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro people here now. Great job, morons.

DAM shop
03-23-2020, 07:28 PM
Dang!!!!! Such anger

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:32 PM
Dang!!!!! Such angerIt's actually spite but close enough

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 07:37 PM
His mommy and daddy didn't love him enough. He's been booted from here multiple times. More than once for threats. It's obvious he hasn't learned.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:40 PM
His mommy and daddy didn't love him enough. He's been booted from here multiple times. More than once for threats. It's obvious he hasn't learned.

Maybe if youd trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro your stvpid fvck mouth you wouldnt get threatened. Big dog on the computer gauranteed youre a bltch in person.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:43 PM
All of you. Including big bad derg and the knee hed lose in 2 seconds if he ever said half the shlt hes said to me in person. Fabio is a 135lb flea not even worth mentioning yet he talks like he could flip a tank. Have fun here with the noone left because you bait until people wanna choke you.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Scooter cant send reports to Brenden fast enough!! Shut it down before his feelings get hurt!!

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Instant cyber bullying. Such a pvssy you are. Id fvcking dismantle you scooter. Shut the fvck up.

Bullying?:lol: Yer kind of a panty waist for a guy who talks so tough.

You earned the title.

Still carrying all the butthurt huh?. You can't and won't dismantle jack sh!t so save your keyboard commando internet hard arse crap for someone who actually gives a rat arse.

You got yourself sh!t-canned from the site, Had nothing to do with me or anybody else

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Not a complaint dicktard just an observation. Its all you have to cling to because you arent very intelligent.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:56 PM
Any single time this could go differently but your bltch trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro cant handle being schooled daily so you instantly bait and youre trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro right ima sink my teeth in. Email accounts are unlimited, idiot. Nobody banned anyone from shlt I come here whenever I want. Its only you that thinks a forum profile should matter this much.

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 07:57 PM
I don't need to send reports to anybody.

You're obviously just here to stir and sling sh!t.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 07:59 PM
Transparent motherfvcker. This place was awesome when I was here. Now its a fuckong ghosttown. Half the people here are two faced fvcks anyway pm me and talk shlt about the person theyre smiling at in another thread. All because you lil dickz cant stand when someone gets attention. Fabio thinks 1000 people wait to read his posts. Lmao.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:01 PM
I don't need to send reports to anybody.

You're obviously just here to stir and sling sh!t.

Yep I came here to sling shlt allover ypur stupid fkn rretard party here. Ya'll look dumb as heII and ruined a site that couldve been saved.

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 08:02 PM
So what would you like to school me on today? Or you just gonna flap your lips doing the same things you accuse me of and be a hypocrite?

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:02 PM
Shlt my saga not even the worst. If I was oldskool Ida probably found a few of you in the middle of the night by now. Intellectual bullying can be dangerous in many ways.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:06 PM
So what would you like to school me on today? Or you just gonna flap your lips doing the same things you accuse me of and be a hypocrite?

It's called standing up for oneself. You wanna start your shlt right off the jump then by all means im game. Fvck you.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:07 PM
Think about it moron come up to me and call me a derogatory name in person and hope I react cordially? What do you think would actually happen? Why do you conduct yourself this way on the internet if you wouldnt in person? Fvck is wrong with you?

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:09 PM
Most action this sites seen in 6 months on a Monday at 6 pm. Might as well turn the fkn lights off.

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Transparent motherfvcker. This place was awesome when I was here. Now its a fuckong ghosttown. Half the people here are two faced fvcks anyway pm me and talk shlt about the person theyre smiling at in another thread. All because you lil dickz cant stand when someone gets attention. Fabio thinks 1000 people wait to read his posts. Lmao.

Telling post right here. You obviously think pretty highly of yourself. I never PM'd you for shyte, and I couldn't give 2 sh!ts if you're here or not.

If it's such a ghosttown why did you come back? You're obviously still butthurt about something, why did you leave in the first place?

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 08:17 PM
Think about it moron come up to me and call me a derogatory name in person and hope I react cordially? What do you think would actually happen? Why do you conduct yourself this way on the internet if you wouldnt in person? Fvck is wrong with you?

Pfft, it was meant as a joke cupcake. Obviously you've lost what little sense of humor you had. Can't take a fvckin' joke or what?

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:21 PM
Oh good yaegers here!

At least Billy was smart enough to let the battles happen. It CREATES TRAFFIC. You know, traffic, the entire fkn reason to own a website!! If you hadnt chosen sides (wrong sides eh milner) so many times you wouldnt have alienated the majority of viewers.

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 08:23 PM
So Maynard,

What don't you start your own personal sh!t slinging thread and leave this one alone? We have a nice discussion going on here. Add something pertinent to the thread or butt out so it doesn't get locked.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:24 PM
Pfft, it was meant as a joke cupcake. Obviously you've lost what little sense of humor you had. Can't take a fvckin' joke or what?

Its not a fkn joke and you know it. Just like your idiot potus, communicate in a derogatory manner then walk it back.like it wasnt your intention. Troll. Cant you learn to operate any other fkng way? Do you have any idea how many people theyve allowed you to run off because.of this childish shlt?

Scootertrash
03-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Yea, it was a joke. You just can't take a joke, nothin's changed. You're still as immature as you were when you left. Someone disagrees with you and you get all pissy and throw a fit.

You drove far more people away than any other member here the way you attacked new members with YOUR name calling and insults.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:36 PM
I havent posted here in heII, maybe years and I STILL see my fkn name come up in threads. Always derogatory. Always so.eone that would be eating their teeth in person. Ive posted my address many times as I move about the country. I dont truly expect to come in contact as I live in reality but Ive never talked shlt behind anyones back here and hid under a rock. First of all, when Im not here why dont you keep my fkn name off of this page? LOTTA shlt talking in my absence and boy does it make you fellas look tough.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:38 PM
Shlt theres entire threads of you accusing random people of being me. Its fvcking hilarious every time. None of those accounts have an ounce of Dohc in them and it should be abundantly clear as of now.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:43 PM
FACT: I never, ever ran new members off. In fact I was BY FAR the most helpful and active veteran in the new member section. I helped many, many people here.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:45 PM
What am I doing different because of covid? Getting ready for an all out civil war. My favorite part is where the people that claim to be conservative or republicans (any political affilliation is ignorant) think they are the only ones with guns. Or passion. Better hope youre fighting hard.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Redirect or continue. I am sure Fabio will be along with a novel since i have challenged his imaginary status.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 08:59 PM
No Glamy
No Barnett
No Dohc

You lost your headliners. Theres no peaks and valleys here. Just blah blah yeah i agree touch my weener again blah blah i agree.

Intolerant of dissension. Cant stand to be upstaged by naturally gifted mechanics. Should be listening but only trying to figure out what to say next. And so on.

Maynard James
03-23-2020, 09:02 PM
*insert easily debunked "right wing" qanon conspiracy bullshlt here*

ps2fixer
03-23-2020, 11:44 PM
Is this another Glamy or something?

Anyway, on the virus stuffs, not a whole lot different here.

knappyfeet
03-24-2020, 12:07 AM
This place was awesome when I was here. Now its a fuckong ghosttown.

CR.net is also a horrible ghost town....get back there.

No mention of your boy knappy.....I'm hurt!

ironchop
03-24-2020, 09:14 AM
What am I doing different because of covid? Getting ready for an all out civil war. My favorite part is where the people that claim to be conservative or republicans (any political affilliation is ignorant) think they are the only ones with guns. Or passion. Better hope youre fighting hard.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh, I can't wait!

Will you "smash (my)teeth in"?!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I sure hope so.

Here kitty kitty

Scootertrash
03-24-2020, 06:04 PM
I liked the first version better.....:naughty:;):beer

ironchop
03-24-2020, 06:35 PM
I liked the first version better.....:naughty:;):beerI did too... But if you've noticed, he doesn't read entire posts past the first two sentences.

It's all just wasted words on wasted ears.

ironchop
03-24-2020, 07:17 PM
This video was posted by Chinese propaganda television about a month ago.... Remember that and then think of what Italy is going through right this minute. Big death toll......

Now watch this video from them....a month ago

"Fight the bigotry" ..... slick

https://youtu.be/mNMdg4morQs

Scootertrash
03-25-2020, 07:27 AM
Watched the video, chop. Interesting that they use a young man as the "victim" instead of an elderly person since the elderly are most affected by the virus.

Gotta spread that virus, kill off locals and resupply with Chinese workers.

Scootertrash
03-26-2020, 07:36 AM
Big Pharma and Trade Groups Spending Millions Fighting Trumps "Buy American"

https://spectator.us/big-pharma-trade-association-trump-buy-american-order/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

sledcrazyinCT
03-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Most action this sites seen in 6 months on a Monday at 6 pm. Might as well turn the fkn lights off.

Now if Glamy could grace our presence once again that would be truly epic!!

Look folks The Dumbshit is officially back trying to MAGA 3WW....Douchebikes is back for a short stay.....So good of you to make an appearance, no one cares you showed up... #COVIDIOT #streetlegal200Xrider #postwhorewannabe 262057

coolpool
03-26-2020, 06:13 PM
So I got my test back today from respiratory symptoms I had last Sunday, raspy breathe, cough, mucus, you get the picture; I'm negative! So now I'll treat anyone else as a leper if they don't have proof like I do, lol.

Here's the sad part....and I caught crap at emerg when I went there. In Alberta, you're supposed to call Health Link #811 or access Alberta Health online and they will run you through a series of questions. Based on your answers, they will tell you a) self isolate for 14 days, or b) report to a testing facility. I did the online test and was indicated to just stay home. The wife and I agreed that since I'm never sick, (and I'm not) to go in to emerg because something wasn't right. Well turns out I have a chest infection which was picked up by x-rays. I was sent home with meds and everyone is happy; and they did do a Covid test for good measure. Now, if I followed protocol and just self isolated, I would probably have had pneumonia within a week. I see a failed system disqualifying anyone with a respiratory condition that isn't covid being passed over. This is going to kill some people and not just from Covid I'm guessing.

ps2fixer
03-26-2020, 06:29 PM
Grats on the neg test results. Diagnoses over the phone rather to stay home or not seems pretty dumb to me. I get not going in to spread it and such, but like you said, need proper diagnosis. We are instructed here in the states to do the same thing, call the doctor, don't go in unless instructed. I wonder if they are doing the same thing in the US. Hope you get well quickly.

In other news, which is really just common sense, but Cloud flare just sent me an email saying they have seen an increased in internet traffic 10-30%. I guess some businesses are having to update their servers due to the extra load, seems to me they were well over due for an update if that's the case. My website reflects that, it's about 15-20% up from a month ago.

Who would have guessed, people stuck at home uses the internet more lol. My ISP has kept up just fine, no hiccups at all, so glad I dumped $3k into the upgrade, my old isp would probably be dial up speeds currently from being 150% over loaded instead of 120% overloaded lol.

Scootertrash
03-28-2020, 07:56 AM
A NY company is bringing the S. Korean fast result test to the US:

http://investor.henryschein.com/news-releases/news-release-details/henry-schein-announces-availability-coronavirus-2019-covid-19

Disclaimer from someone more knowledgeable than I :

It takes time for IgM and IgG antibody titers(see definition below;)) to reach a detectable level.

The challenge with many serology tests is that the antibodies aren't present at symptom onset. It generally takes about 7 days from symptom onset for IgM antibodies to reach detectable levels.

This type of test is for mid to late stage diagnosis. With something like SARS-CoV-2 you ideally want a diagnostic that can detect the pathogen at fever onset. This allows you to properly bin the patient as positive or negative asap. Serology can give a false negative if utilized to soon in the disease state.

I thinks it's great that they're making it available but society needs to be educated and the people implementing this test need to understand its limitations and use the tool the right way.

Definition of "titer"

A titer is a laboratory test that measures the presence and amount of antibodies in blood. A titer may be used to prove immunity to disease. A blood sample is taken and tested. If the test is positive (above a particular known value) the individual has immunity.

Scootertrash
03-28-2020, 11:42 AM
The MN Governor put us on a 2 week "Shelter In Place" rule as of midnite last night.

I found out Thursday I am an "Essential Employee", since the government has declared construction workers as "essential". This morning I read an article in the local paper that 78% of Minnesota jobs are "essential".

I am going to honor the 2 week SIP rule only for the sake of my lovely wife who has MS and has a chemo infusion (for the MS, not cancer) coming up in about a month which they can't administer if she comes down with the C-19. Based on the lack of my ability to maitain a proper social distancing from my coworkers and other trades on a large commercial jobsite, I think it's in her best interest.

I don't really give a sh!t if I get it, I'll survive, I'm too stubborn to let a little bug kill me. Besides, I have several people I need to stick around and irritate for a few more years:naughty: Not including youse guys;):D

Personally I think this whole virus thing is being overblown. Numbers keep getting thrown around that are all speculation. I'm no mathematician, I can barely spell it, but none of this sh!t seems to add up. The media keeps pushing more and more hysteria and panic, people keep buying into it more and more. While I don't necessarily believe "It's only the Flu", I don't believe it's as bad as they say. YMMV

ETA: In a little bit I will be making an outlaw run to Fleet Farm for a few minor essentials. I will bring my "Essential Employee" letter with me in case I get asked for "my papers".:lol: I'll update the thread later with my report on any apocalyptic conditions, if any, I encounter.

ps2fixer
03-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Not sure how the shelter in place order is wrote up for your state, but in Michigan it lists allowed things which includes shopping, going to the park, visiting family. It's an order to say home, but then it effectively limits no travel. That even include outdoor activities as allowed, to some driving their vehicle is an outdoor activity. Our governor also blamed trump for not forcing a lock down so "she" had to, she has some weird backwards logic going on.

Also, according to a Michigan lawyer, if a cop asks where you're going, you can plead the fifth and not answer them, just don't be a jerk about it.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Interesting thing is, it says except war and public danger, I'd almost thing this whole thing would fall around those terms as it's been projected.

Also, I don't get why everyone freaks out about social distancing but doesn't say anything about surface contact. Like if someone drops a package off that has covid 19, the package where they handled it could have the virus on it. The virus lives for different lengths of time depending on the material, plastic and stainless are the worst around 3 days.

I think this whole thing is blown up a bit bigger than it really is, mortality rates suggest how bad it is, but it's only valid if all cases are known. There's likely a large % of people that don't have a verified test if they have covid 19 or not but are staying home. The thing we do know is *most* people with severe symptoms go to the hospital, so the worst of the worst is reported. No one truly knows how many people didn't go in. Could be a tiny amount like 5-10% or it could be quite huge like 50%.

From what I've watched, recovery time can take up to 6 weeks or more in some cases. Death is normally within 2 weeks of getting sick (elderly, like 80+, and people with pre-existing issues mainly).

Some quick math... currently there's 105573 confirmed cases, 1711 deaths, 895 recovered for the US which as a snap shot translates to 1.62% death rate. Some of the people that are confirmed likely will die (ones recently diagnosed with it), but most should recover. That percentage isn't great, but a lot better than the 10% range predictions early on.

If you trust the Chinese numbers, 81999 cases, 3299 deaths, 75100 recovered. They got hit first, so their recovered number reflects the morality rate slightly better *if* it's covered well and accurate. Their death rate based on recovered vs total with an outcome is 4.21%, or if I use the total confirmed like I did with the US numbers, 4.0%.

Here's the page I'm using for those numbers: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Just my own predictions, but the true mortality rate I suspect is a lot closer to the flu, something like 0.7% I've seen/heard thrown around, so if 100% of the US got covid 19 with the 0.7% death rate would be about 2.3m deaths worst case.

Also, this could be a new seasonal thing, no one knows for sure but it's possible. If that's the case, expect a round 2 when winter/fall hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7H-uNWifo&t=117

I looked up the numbers a while back for the morality rate of the flu based on 2017 data but it was 0.1308% death or mortality rate (total cases vs deaths), just over 38k people died that year from the flu and almost 10% of the population were infected by it in the US.

Anyway I've always wanted to be more self reliant instead of depend the the stores so much. I was shopping every 1-2 weeks, so I've had a pretty good supply on hand when this hit but nothing long term. My #1 problem is storage room, small house, not much room to store food/water and the products I make/mod for my business. When I can get the materials (most places are closed now by state order) I'm looking to build a root cellar something like 6x8 or 8x8. I've saved up funds my whole life, so I always had a buffer even if I make little money, so I'm doing just fine financial wise. I know other people are hit hard with the stay at home order. Not sure what I'll do with the check from the feds, I don't really need it but it's a fairly large sum of money. Might just cash it and keep the funds to the side encase my family needs money (I'm effectively the family bank and I'm the one that makes the least per year).

I started prep work last year for a garden area, that area I have ready looks great and it's really time to be planting for my area. Testing out the wood chip method. Logic is wood chips hold moisture below the surface, but at the surface it's really dry so weeds can't grow so it's the garden with little weed problems. If there's any weeds that do grow, the pull out of the wood chips really easily. If this works out, I'll be expanding the garden and section it off for different family members to manage. The family garden is normally at my grandpa's house, but it's just a white clay garden, the stuff that grows there isn't too great, plenty of sun and water, but the ground looks about like farm land soil or worse. My ground is black swamp dirt which as long as it's not too low should be great to grow in. Water table is about a foot lower than the garden area and it's about the fullest I've seen the swamp, so I think it's a good location.

My mom always wanted to learn to can food, her grandma used to have her help with canning. I've never done it but is interesting and is the way to preserve food with out needing a fridge (the root cellar is kind of a fridge). It's a good skill to have in dooms day situations. Found out she has most of the canning supplies on hand, so will have to try it some time, can't be that hard to do, just follow instructions from what I've read. It's about like making beer & wine, can't have bacteria and molds causing problems.

I also ordered a fork truck LP regulator. I didn't realize they were pretty cheap and easy to adapt to pretty much any engine (1-100hp). I have a 10hp 5kw generator with a brigs engine and it's always a fight to get going, and fuel doesn't store long so I normally don't have much gas on hand if there's a power outage. I'm in the same situation as the rest of the area and the gas stations with power have people lined up to get gas. LP never goes bad, only the tank can go bad. It's under pressure, so it can be piped for stationary engines/burners. Since I have a backup furnace that's LP, I have a 250gal tank. If I had to I could run the generator off that for a long time but wouldn't mind "upgrading" to a 500-1000gal tank for more fuel storage. Also there's a tank called a nursing tank where there's an air valve for the lP, and a liquid valve. The liquid valve can be used to refill tanks like 20lb and 40lb. Should be possible to refill the 100lb tanks too but I don't think they have the bleed off valve so you'd have to do it based on weight. If converting the generator to LP works well, I'll probably convert my Honda riding lawnmower too.

LP in the US is claimed to be around 110 octane, so it's good for use on high compression engines, up to around 11:1 to 12:1.

Long long ago I started researching "off grid" power. I have some supplies on hand to build a really small off grid system but it's not cost effective for a big system in my area. My best resource for power would be wind power, but there's trees all around me, so the wind turbine would have to be above the tree line so not exactly a small setup and I don't get along with heights the greatest. Besides the source of power, storing the power is very expensive, I've been waiting for battery tech to get cheaper too. I have something like 200 18650 lithium ion cells from laptop batteries, so I can store a bit of power (probably around 700wh since not all of them are tested/validated good yet).

I'm still shipping out products for my business, but I'm just dropping them off in the mail box. No person to person interaction, so little to no risk of spreading the virus. If I'm forced to shut down, I'll still be doing work, just not shipping out. I also have more than enough yard work to keep me busy for a long time and other misc projects.

ironchop
03-28-2020, 01:56 PM
This morning I read an article in the local paper that 78% of Minnesota jobs are "essential".

Exact same story in Kentucky.

See my Pelosi thread response

Scootertrash
03-28-2020, 07:30 PM
Well, my trip to flea farm was relatively uneventful. I did get pulled over but I was able to bribe the police officer

Crowds were slightly below normal, but not desolate like a post-apocalyptic world. Apparently a lot of people don't give a sh!t. Imagine that.

It appears the back tracking on the lethality of the virus is starting, more tomorrow.:naughty:

fabiodriven
03-28-2020, 11:08 PM
I'm still in Florida. I was planning on being out of here by now but corona made the Massachusetts DMV slow to a crawl, so it took a while to get my new trailer registered. It is finally registered though, so I could feasibly leave if I had to.

My biggest change was I stopped going to Walmart. I don't go out drinking at night nor do I gather with big groups during the day, but I already wasn't going out hanging out with people anyways so that's not a change for me. I've been spending a lot of time at the hardware stores and the Harley dealer because I've decided now would be the time to build a bike. Just stay put and lay low, then ride out the other side. My buddy's shop is like 4 miles from the house so I go over there in the evenings (when it's cooler outside) and peck away by myself. I started a build thread in the bikersville section of the forum if anyone is interested.

ironchop
03-29-2020, 05:29 PM
"War zone"

https://www.pscp.tv/w/cU-37HR3LTExODg0ODMyOTY3MDUwMjQwMDB8MVlwSmtRcWdSTG9La qZ2y3YLA8sc0CcHz-gLWoiNuWY7h8iurDstV-Dm9ZYe?t=42s

Another War zone.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/deanna4congress/status/1244342772783394822

ATC King
03-29-2020, 09:47 PM
I haven't been in a 'war zone', and it kind of pisses me off when someone who hasn't either, uses that as an analogy.

The brutality and animalistic reality of war has the power to reduce people to shells of their former selves and condemn many to such an existence or search for an escape, even if final.

It's absolutely disgusting when someone paints that picture for anything but, and calls themselves a journalist. It's not the fourth estate anymore, it's the fake estate.

ironchop
03-29-2020, 10:58 PM
I haven't been in a 'war zone', and it kind of pisses me off when someone who hasn't either, uses that as an analogy.

The brutality and animalistic reality of war has the power to reduce people to shells of their former selves and condemn many to such an existence or search for an escape, even if final.

It's absolutely disgusting when someone paints that picture for anything but, and calls themselves a journalist. It's not the fourth estate anymore, it's the fake estate.

All of this^^^^

It is definitely, utterly disrespectful

Certain parties have co-opted so many words that used to have powerful meaning for us all like "racist" or 'nazi'. Now the meanings of these words are reduced to just something you call someone to win a political debate. Instead of being a literal genocidal maniac or a hooded klansman, it now simply means Republicans and anyone from the south or a red state.

It hasn't been the fourth estate for a long time, I'm afraid... Reminds me of that Don Henley song when I was a teenager...Dirty Laundry.... The media was just as shameless back then in 1980-whatever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

Scootertrash
03-31-2020, 10:02 PM
Here's a little new info:

FBI report: Chinese biologists have been smuggling viruses into USA

https://news.yahoo.com/suspected-sars-virus-and-flu-found-in-luggage-fbi-report-describes-chinas-biosecurity-risk-144526820.html

In late November 2018, just over a year before the first coronavirus case was identified in Wuhan, China, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents at Detroit Metro Airport stopped a Chinese biologist with three vials labeled "Antibodies" in his luggage.
The biologist told the agents that a colleague in China had asked him to deliver the vials to a researcher at a U.S. institute. After examining the vials, however, customs agents came to an alarming conclusion.
"Inspection of the writing on the vials and the stated recipient led inspection personnel to believe the materials contained within the vials may be viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) materials," says an unclassified FBI tactical intelligence report obtained by Yahoo News.

kb0nly
04-01-2020, 05:37 AM
What am i doing different.. lets see.. I managed for the first time in god knows how long to pop into 3WW and see whats going on these days. And a few pages ago it seems like a lot hasn't changed! LOL...

Here in MN its pretty darn boring.. Everything closed down, kids at home, a couple of us are essential workers so we still get exposed every day, and there is confirmed cases in our county now, so its only a matter of time. The smaller town hospitals are getting reefer's setup for morgue space since they only have a dozen or so coolers in their morgue. The local clinic looks like something out of the walking dead with signs and banners and barricades, the grocery store is pretty light on stuff for sale, still toilet paper here but not a lot as the larger towns around us started coming in here to scout out what we had. I even saw license plates from neighboring states coming in, we are close to the SD and IA borders so they were leaking over the borders to scout supplies of neighboring towns that are closer to the border so it was only a matter of time before our small town got scouted and hit. Went to the store today, needed a resupply now that schools will be closed until May. Our small town is never really that busy, but it looks even deader then normal, two vehicles on main street, me and the store employees.

This week UPS started acting up. All my incoming shipments going through Minneapolis have been tagged with a delivery exception, says Delay: Emergency Situation, and for delivery date it says Information Unavailable. Sounds like the UPS depot up in the cities is not getting trucks out to the other parts of the state. Called UPS and they hope to have a truck headed my way to the Slayton MN depot by the end of the week with packages getting out Friday or Monday that were supposed to be delivered all week. What a mess.

So far USPS is running normal, priority mail stuff is coming and going just fine. I have seen the FedEx guy a few times this week, even got to briefly talk to him from a distance, not that i was worried but they are all wearing masks and were told by their supervisors to maintain their distance, aka social distancing. The FedEx trucks come up from Sioux Falls SD to me, and he said its nuts down there with confirmed cases and people fighting in Wal-Mart for scraps. The two local Wal-Mart's to me look like new stores that haven't been stocked yet, i have never seen so many empty shelves and coolers in a Wal-Mart.

Anyway, thats how it is here. Sit and wait and watch the kids do their distance learning. Got the trikes out this week, did some yard work, wife rode around the yard and the field behind us for a while for something to do, i've been busy cleaning up the tree damage from an ice storm in January, the usual spring stuff minus people walking with masks and neighbors shouting a hello as they hide in their houses. Pretty wild.

ps2fixer
04-01-2020, 02:07 PM
I haven't see the stuff a few pages back in a long time here. Just 1 day that person was here, now seems to be 100% gone. Sounds like the person clearly has multi accounts from what I could see. Besides that, it's been peaceful here, quite but that's pretty normal with everyone on facebook anymore.

On different stuff here, tried to order a truck load of sand for some yard work and the guy can't deliver due to the out break currently. The place my dad was working was getting sand delivered just fine, there's like 2 businesses still delivering, the rest shut down.

kb0nly
04-01-2020, 07:22 PM
I've been struggling with all sorts of deliveries and business stuff lately, either they are closed or they won't do it. Like come on guys, if i order a load of rock for landscaping you can pull in the driveway dump it and leave and you never even need to see me!! I gave up on them and found another material source. I just wanted to take care of the muddy patch next to the driveway we use as an overflow parking spot when everyone is home, like right now, but they claimed they couldn't make any deliveries. Found a source of asphalt regrind, $20 a ton, stuff packs down and gets nearly as hard and solid as the driveway with a little driving on it. Better then rock, so glad i had to go elsewhere honestly. Hoping to have that all done soon but now we have a winter weather advisory for tonight into tomorrow, freezing rain turning into snow... UGHHHH.... It was 54 degrees today and nice and now back to this crap.

ATC King
04-02-2020, 12:08 PM
The Arkansas State Parks are all now day use only, and all visitor centers are closed, tying to reduce out of state visitors. The Buffalo National River has been closed by the Fed after complaints by the state. The Arkansas Corps of Engineers have closed most/all camping areas.

Basically, all of the popular outdoor areas where large groups of people were still gathering, are now closed.

I know of some, little known, seldom used trails though. Some family and I hiked one of them yesterday and were the only ones on it. I know of several more trails like that, because I practiced social distancing before it was popular.

ps2fixer
04-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Funny, that's about like the state land by my house, seems to be a spot that isn't well known. Since all of this happened, I've seen a group of 3 lifted jeeps go back there, and a small group of quads, that's it. I figured with gas being cheap and people having tons of free time, the state land trails would be packed like the ones up north that are more well known on the weekends. We are on a lock down, but then it says outdoor activities are fine like parks and such.

My dad's not working now, I guess his boss was trying to keep the business open as long as possible and he's downsizing the number of people working or reducing hours, so he took volunteers to get laid off. Maybe my dad can catch up on like 10% of the projects he's had for the last 10 years =). I'm a lot like him, lots of projects, not enough time to do them all.

fabiodriven
04-03-2020, 12:06 AM
Food for thought. I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

https://youtu.be/95yk-JbabhA

ps2fixer
04-03-2020, 02:15 AM
Lots of issues with the video, seems like this is some one trying to spread fake news, kind of like the flat earth theory stuff.

The corona virus isn't covid 19, covid 19 is a type of corona virus which was discovered in the 1930's. Seems the video's main point is a virus isn't a living thing. Some of the stuff makes sense, some of it its way out in left field. Like maybe viruses are human made, very possible, but then saying it's impossible to catch a virus from someone else.. then how did I get the flu when I was a kid? I have never had the flu shot, in fact I go to the doctor as little as possible. A few months ago I went, and before that it's been 20+ years. I also don't eat good, but my immune system is strong, I eat the frozen microwave garbage food he mentions, but haven't been majorly sick since school.... back when I was around big crowds of people. First job was midnights, second was in a small IT group, now self employed.

Anyway, the video mentioned about facts, where's the facts, any papers, any kind of documentation to support this. I don't take the word of some random guy that claim's he's so great people want to beat him up just to prove he didn't cheat on a test.

The conspiracy theory around this virus stuff is crazy, everything from it's released just to get some people arrested, to one world order, to the Chinese attacking the US via biological weapons (virus), to the US releasing the virus to Chinese people as some sort of attack. None of it is based on facts, so give it time and we will see what really comes of this. My guess, if all goes well, the virus goes away atleast for a short time and people will go back to work and pretty much forget about this whole ordeal. Worst case, it's another seasonal flu to deal with and the toilet paper shelves will never be stocked the same.

If the virus didn't spread person to person, then why is the heat map of the effected numbers in the US effectively the "hot" cities to be in, but the states that don't have booming cities have little to no cases at all. Like the UP of Michigan is almost 0 cases, while my whole county is 15 cases now, roughly 83k population.

Currently Michigan is #4 for most cases, yet we are #10 for population. California has double the population of New York, yet New York is hit far harder (about 8x more cases). If it was the weather, then near by states would be similar case numbers per million population. Just doesn't seem to line up too well.

https://i.gyazo.com/50f9265ebfde91b1f210caab13b02d9a.png

fabiodriven
04-03-2020, 02:27 AM
I tend to agree with that entire post. It seems to make the most sense, almost seems obvious now.

ps2fixer
04-03-2020, 03:11 AM
I tend to agree with that entire post. It seems to make the most sense, almost seems obvious now.

If you truly want to make a case for this, get 20 people or so, and let about half of them get in contact with validated covid 19 infected people and the other half they get in contact with people that do not have the virus. Do a proper study on it and let us know the results. They would need to do some sort of activity to increase likely hood of getting infected, like the "infected" person coughing on some food and the other person eating it (yea not so great of an example lol). I suspect most people that are around the real infected people test positive for covid 19 even if they don't show signs of it (only ~20% infected shows signs like a fever from what I've read).

Have you ever told a small group a secret, how likely is that secret leaked to someone else? Now do that on a global scale...

ironchop
04-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Food for thought. I'm not sure what I think of this yet.

https://youtu.be/95yk-JbabhAHA! That was on Richie From Boston's channel last night. Wife and I watched it.

We said the same thing afterward. "Not sure what to think of this yet"

ironchop
04-03-2020, 10:14 AM
My cousin tested positive for Covid 19 while in the hospital for respiratory distress. She's in her 80s and is now nearly recovered after a month.

Consider this:
1) most people aren't testing themselves for Covid-19

2) the original test was highly inaccurate (50-80% "false positive")

3) only hospitals had tests because the test supply was very low and the test was brand new and discovered on accident.

4) only two kinds of people go to the hospital currently for suspected Covid. Scared ppl and people who are genuinely sick from something. People who aren't symptomatic and aren't scared are NOT getting tested. This didn't mean they aren't carriers/infected. It just means they weren't available to help the CDC make accurate forecasts as to the infection/death rates

5) if 100 scared/sick ppl show up to the hospital to get testing and 75/100 test positive for CARRYING covid-19, it's reported as a "75% infection rate"..... If two of those people die, is reported "2% fatality rate"

6) any death where Covid-19 was also found to be present in the victims body, is now reported to be "Covid-19 related" when there is literally no way to determine if Covid-19 was the proverbial straw that finally sent a chronically-ill person over the edge and into a coffin

7) at any given time, there are usually several viruses present in an "infected" person and it's impossible to tell specifically which virus actually prompted death

This is NOT accurate at all because it didn't take into account the people who may have it but never showed up for testing, the people who didn't get infected at all, the people with influenza and several Corona strains also present in their bodies simultaneously.

They keep citing "science" while they absolutely BUTCHER the scientific method and shyte out fake statistics that were calculated wholly incorrectly

There's no guess work in science

Turn off your TV, television anchors are not scientists or experts. And as for experts, never forget the doctors who used to claim how safe cigarette smoking was and the "health benefits" to flouride consumption.

You can be a highly-trained doctor/expert/scientist and still be terribly WRONG. I'm not sure why we trust everything we hear from "experts" and immediately consider what they say to be irrefutable fact, especially considering that we see only one side of the story or only one or two professional opinions from a field of tens of thousands of these experts

ATC King
04-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Have you ever told a small group a secret, how likely is that secret leaked to someone else? Now do that on a global scale...

We did play Telephone in elementary school...and I was one of those who purposely screwed up the transmission, just to watch it all fall apart.

Muah, hahhahahhaha :twisted::twisted::twisted:

That's a close as I ever reached to arch villain status.

Scootertrash
04-03-2020, 10:31 AM
We did play Telephone in elementary school...and I was one of those who purposely screwed up the transmission, just to watch it all fall apart.

Muah, hahhahahhaha :twisted::twisted::twisted:

That's a close as I ever reached to arch villain status.

You rat bastige! :lol::beer

You probably told girls "just the tip" to! :naughty::w00t:

fabiodriven
04-03-2020, 11:19 AM
Here's another one. At the time of me sharing this, the video is three days old with only a couple hundred views. I have no way of validating this information whatsoever.

https://youtu.be/5vHtGYh2NhQ

Scootertrash
04-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Here's another one. At the time of me sharing this, the video is three days old with only a couple hundred views. I have no way of validating this information whatsoever.

https://youtu.be/5vHtGYh2NhQ

Last I heard 2-3 days ago they started a trail run of 1100 patients in the U.S., that may have changed in the last few days.

Interestingly Michigans (liberal) Governor had banned use of the drug, also know as "Trump claimed it showed promise but TDS comes first, so........until a couple days ago when she started requesting it.

fabiodriven
04-03-2020, 11:57 AM
If a liberal/dem advises against something, that usually means it's a good idea. I used to have this kid living with me who always gave the worst advice, he was wrong about everything. I started doing the direct opposite of his suggestions and it worked out really well for me most times.

Scootertrash
04-03-2020, 12:08 PM
I know, rigiht?

Then we have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdZ1QOB0RLI

ironchop
04-03-2020, 12:28 PM
I know, rigiht?

Then we have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdZ1QOB0RLIThis is proof that they are using this "crisis" to push progressivism and to destroy their political opponents. They don't give a fk about "victims". These people are trash that needs to be left on the curb. Every time a Democrat opens his/her mouth, bullshyte pours out.

Seems more like self-preservation efforts by an increasingly desperate political party attemtping to avoid a prison sentence for many of their members

ps2fixer
04-03-2020, 12:35 PM
@ironchop

Yea, how data is represented can spoof the numbers to make things look very good or very bad. If say of the 75 tested positive 4 were critical cases, they could say the death rate is 50% *of critical cases*. You can manipulate data to make it appear just about anyway you want.

Kind of like this, makes it look like gold had a 90% loss or something.

https://i.gyazo.com/c67bef1069d616886957deec8c0fcf7d.png

No website represents the gold price starting from $0 for the left hand scale... probably because the changes are so little it's hard to see. I had to find a daily price table and create the graph myself and override the auto scaling.

https://i.gyazo.com/53475d861a78808ea4625120a586074c.png

Both graphs show effectively the same data, I got the data from a different source, but should be very similar and I could recreate the first charge off the same data if needed. That's just changing the left hand scaling. Both are for the same date range. This is one small nugget why you can't trust the media, or really experts. You have to understand the subject yourself atleast a little to understand the graph style and scaling, then the actual numbers you need to know how exactly they came up with them. At first people were claiming the death rate was total cases / reported deaths, but that ignores people that never got confirmed, false positives, false negatives, deaths with other sicknesses vs only covid 19, etc. The data at best is just a small glimpse at what's going on and some patterns could be seen in the data that might be useful. Like # of people per million infected in different areas, nyc vs detroit for example. Country areas vs city areas for infected rate.

For the last video fabiodriven posted, yea that's legit good info. I've seen those two things mentioned on two other channels ran by doctors. One actually sources their data so you can look at the study yourself. This is the kind of facts and fact checking I like to see when data presented like that. Here's one guy, way before it was "known" zinc as helping. 14:35 is where he starts talking about it. That was from March 6th...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeh054-Hx1U

Jump to two updates after that, march 10th, and he mentions chloroquine diphosphate to help get zinc in the cell. Later he says Korea can't get chloroquine, so they could consider hydroxychloroquine... seems to match up to that other video =). This guy sources in his description too. The hydroxychloroquine was mentioned around 11:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7F1cnWup9M

Also @scootertrash can you provide a link? I didn't vote for that lady and man is she a horrible public speaker. When she did the state wide lock down, she said we need to stay home.... but then oh but go to the park and do out door activities, so much for staying home eh? She also blamed Trump for not doing anything, she doesn't understand how this state level authority thing works it seems like or she just wants to bash Trump any way she can.

Scootertrash
04-03-2020, 02:03 PM
Here's a couple links, I guess it wasn't an outright ban, just threatened docs and Pharms that prescribed it. Not much difference tho....

https://www.rightnowmn.org/michigan_democrat_governor_threatens_licenses_of_d octors_and_pharmacists_who_prescribe_hydroxychloro quine_to_treat_coronavirus

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/29/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-governor-hydroxychloroqu/

The back peddling:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/31/michigan-requests-hydroxychloroquine-national-stockpile-covid-19/5094307002/

https://www.amgreatness.com/2020/04/01/dem-governor-reverses-course-on-coronavirus-drug-bans/

ps2fixer
04-03-2020, 02:48 PM
I'm scanning over the source, sounds like the order is not a very good idea. I get we don't want drug abuse, but people don't want it for getting high, they want it to save their life. Now if it said it discouraged it for any cases that are not critical, I could stand behind that logic since it isn't properly tested, but when someone is about to die from it, what's the harm as long as the patient is aware and they give approval or a loved one responsible for the patient's life/decisions.

Here's a link to the original, the first link linked to another article that give this link. Can't dispute reading it directly from the michigan.gov site.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Reminder_of_Appropriate_Prescribing_and_Dispensing _3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

I don't fully understand the layout of these documents, top left shows "GRETCHEN WHITMER" however it's not signed/closed with her name. Was this sent to Whitmer, then approved and passed along from there or what? Really anyone making the mentioned drugs should be in mass production mode because there will be a large spike in demand, any good business would see it coming by now.

Anyway, thanks for the links, now to spread the news more to show how great our state is lol.

czac
04-03-2020, 05:30 PM

yep...here come more attacks on the second amendment by the loony left, and im sure the dems in the "dirty house" will be looking to impeach Trump over this some how! Im so tired of my tax money going to these nut cases and their lunacy and anti POTUS antics. Shoot, they cant even get it together enough to pick a good contender to go up against the Orange Godzilla... this election will be a blast!

Scootertrash
04-03-2020, 07:38 PM
im sure the dems in the "dirty house" will be looking to impeach Trump over this some how!

You asked for it!:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/02/democrats-create-select-committee-to-investigate-trumps-coronavirus-response/

Aaaaaaand....The race card:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BREAKING-Pelosi-and-Schiff-to-investigate-Trump-disproportionate-COVID-19-cases-among-blacks/5-2313422/

Shoot, they cant even get it together enough to pick a good contender to go up against the Orange Godzilla... this election will be a blast![/QUOTE]

Why do you think the Dems are pushing for mail-ballots for the election? :

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-push-for-voting-by-mail-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-11585778099

Orange Godzilla?!?!:lol::w00t::lol:

ironchop
04-03-2020, 08:22 PM
White Leftists have become pretty comfortable throwing that race card around. How ironic.

White people pointing out how oppressed and discriminated against the brown folks are at the hands of white folks..... Because nobody knows a thing or two about racism like a white progressive

Czac, you get a like just for saying "Orange Godzilla"..... priceless!

ATC King
04-03-2020, 11:27 PM
You rat bastige! :lol::beer

You probably told girls "just the tip" to! :naughty::w00t:

Actually, I didn't have much interest in girls later on in High School, because I had a motorcycle and pickup that I was interested in. The girls wanted more than the tip, which kind of scared me off. I knew how babies were made.

I did have a GF that was actually upset that I spent more time working on my pickup. It wasn't named Christine though. The GF is long gone, but I still have the pickup.

ironchop
04-04-2020, 09:44 AM
At least someone is being a journalist as opposed to being a teleprompter narrative reader.

https://youtu.be/rqDGJLbsWWA

https://youtu.be/rOYU2kJQfiA

https://youtu.be/6EQXhViMBdg

I'm tired of hearing bullshyte from that Hillary fanboy Fauci. (His leaked emails indicate he was enamored with Mrs Satan)

I'm pretty sure he was one of the people that had everyone terrified of catching AIDS from sitting on toilet seats and breathing AIDS air in the early 80s. I remember the aids panic where the country treated a kid who got aids from a blood transfusion like he was Typhoid Mary and the entire town ostracized and exiled him..... Thanks to media misinformation and "experts" like this clown.

How short, our collective memories are

Scootertrash
04-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Here's another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=646&v=5pIMD1enwd4&feature=emb_logo

coolpool
04-04-2020, 11:06 AM
Here's a thought provoking question. If and when a vaccine is produced, how will the anti-vacs respond? Will they get vaccinated for the greater good of the population or spin the wheel as normal?

El Camexican
04-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Here's a thought provoking question. If and when a vaccine is produced, how will the anti-vacs respond? Will they get vaccinated for the greater good of the population or spin the wheel as normal?

I would assume there will still be a lot of people don’t want anything to do with a government approved vaccine.

I was having a conversation with the wife and daughter the other night and the topic of a vaccine came up. We started debating what all is involved in order to get a vaccine not only approved, but patented, tooled up for, supply chains and approvals, proper legal documentation etc. Think about something as seemingly meaningless as the expiration date that probably has to be researched, proofed and approved before anything can hit the shelf in a first world country.

It is entirely possible that if a vaccine were discovered tomorrow that unless somebody would take a bulldozer to to current system and plow out a path that bypassed every legal statute and existing law it is conceivable that it wouldn’t be available in the USA for a year.

We also discussed the scenarios that could come up if a cure was made in a country that chose to use it as bargaining tool, I.e. Iran, Russia, or another country currently involved with a dispute of some sort with the allied nations, or the USA.

Imagine if someone outside of the United States where to invent a cure or vaccine, then have it patented in the United States and then refused to sell it. The way your current branches of government get along it would be a frosty day in hell before the laws were changed to circumnavigate a situation like that.

It seems there are going to be a lot more “firsts” for the generations alive at this time to experience before all is said and done.

ironchop
04-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Here's a thought provoking question. If and when a vaccine is produced, how will the anti-vacs respond? Will they get vaccinated for the greater good of the population or spin the wheel as normal?I think the plan all along was forced vaccinations. The idea is being openly thrown around from city county council meetings all over country, all the way up the global elite chain from Cuomo to Bill Gates.

Here in "free" America, our elitist dirtbags are always pushing for new legislation to force us to buy something or comply with tyrrany

Of course, the people pushing the forced vacs will be heavily invested in vaccine manufacturing companies and distributors as is usually the case

ps2fixer
04-04-2020, 11:45 AM
If a vaccine was created, I'd assume it would be treated like all the others.. this wiki write up is pretty interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine#Schedule

If it was mandated, I suspect it would be treated like dog shots, get them or get fined (required for licensing).

Too bad this page doesn't give any sources.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8572826/ns/health-pet_health/t/still-vaccinating-your-pet-every-year/

Would be crazy to have a license to be allowed to live effectively with a requirement of getting vaccine shots. I don't think anything like that would get passed for humans in the US, and probably a fair number of other countries people would rebel. Also check out the side effects, one mentions "anaphylactic shock leading to death", I don't think death as being a side effect will be accepted either, even if 1 in 100,000 rate.

The other thing that would have to be tested is how long it lasts for. To test to see if it lasts 5 years, a 5 year long study would have to be made. At best it would be a yearly shot with a year long test done on say 1000 people with half getting a fake shot that does nothing.

plastikosmd
04-04-2020, 04:12 PM
A lot more range time
Boat should be ni next week

Scootertrash
04-06-2020, 11:06 AM
Say it ain't so!!

Round 2 in China?:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-toll/mainland-china-sees-rise-in-new-coronavirus-cases-idUSKBN21N009

Mainland China reported 30 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, up from 19 a day earlier as the number of cases involving travellers from abroad as well as local transmissions increased, highlighting the difficulty in stamping out the outbreak.

The National Health Commission said in a statement on Sunday that 25 of the latest cases involved people who had entered from abroad, compared with 18 such cases a day earlier. Five new locally transmitted infections were also reported on Saturday, all in the southern coastal province of Guangdong, up from a day earlier.

ps2fixer
04-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Very possible, they have to completely stop the virus 100% in their own country, then every person that crosses the border has to be screened and checked for it, and none of the tests are 100% accurate. Only way to truly stop this is to stop it world wide. If this virus acts like the flu, it could be a seasonal thing. We might have to start living like the 1950's and older where you grew your own food, had your own farm animals and you didn't get around 100's of people per day.

The other route to take is to stay effectively locked down to slow the spread, and prolong the virus as long as possible, while getting a section of the population immune to it (built up antibodies naturally) and over time if the virus doesn't mutate enough to make the antibodies ineffective, it has less people to infect and eventually it could die out from lack of hosts to replicate in. Worst case this could be a yearly or bi-yearly thing for a long time, best case we somehow stop the spread enough it dies out and all countries eventually get success and it's gone forever.

Once the antibody test is made, tested, and released, we will have an idea of what kind of % of the population has had it but showed no signs of being sick. The experts claim somewhere around 25-50%, but really it's just their best guesses. It would also give a better idea on the mortality rate too.

ironchop
04-06-2020, 08:57 PM
SIGH

You can't get herd immunity by hiding the herd in the barn until the virus goes away.
Viruses always come back around and sometimes they never leave. Then what?

We are prisoners of our own fears moreso than prisoners of this quarantine.

Scootertrash
04-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Mr ironchop has hit the nail on the head once again!

I'm not so sure this is round 2 in China so much that is just a continuation of round one. I trust none of the information the Chinese have given us about their infection rate, death rate, or any other of their BS

The survival rate is in the high 90% tile for healthy people, and the definition of healthy is pretty broad. The majority of the people dying are the elderly and those with underlying conditions. There have been very few young and healthy people that have died from COVID 19

DAM shop
04-06-2020, 09:44 PM
I live in Iowa one of the last few states that has not called for a state shutdown. Our Gov. Kim Reynolds has pretty much closed any social type businesses, parks or the like and refuses to officially call a state shutdown at this time. I commend the Gov. to sticking to her guns. As I watch her daily briefing on FB I am appalled by the amount of people screaming :mad: for a state shutdown. The only thing I can figure is that these people want time off work. Cry, sniffle, cry.
I do my best at keeping my distance from others. Wash my hands more times than I care to count, only go to food stores 1x per week and I go to work every day not because I have to I can have as much time off as I care to take I go because I want to.

ironchop
04-06-2020, 11:02 PM
There's two ways to become immune:

1) natural infection and recovery

2) a commercial vaccine

Guess which one is more lucrative?

fabiodriven
04-06-2020, 11:04 PM

2) a commercial vaccine

I was explaining this to my friend here today. This is the stuff that makes me angry at the world.

ironchop
04-07-2020, 10:26 AM
Well our local socialist dicks are now going around "inspecting businesses for Covid social distancing compliance" and demanding we now rotate breaks and wear latex gloves and masks at work.

I'm a machinist. We do not wear gloves around machinery. I will totally flip out on the first chamber of commerce dickhead that tells me otherwise

I hope I get fired and arrested. At least I'll be able to live with myself.

So I guess let's just take our Constitution and rip it up and burn it because terrified people are totally willing to throw away any civil liberties at all for the PROMISE of safety. Not even REAL safety just the promise thereof. Congratulations, people, you begged for this and now you got what you begged for.

Fear RULES YOU and now so does your federal socialist government. They took it away from you without even firing a shot or cheating an election. Cower in fear and wait for your "pay-off for your compliance" check to arrive. That's the new world order. You will beg for them to clothe and feed you and keep you safe, just like you wanted.

Fauci is your God now. One man's opinion has enslaved you. Socialism and Pelosi is your savior. All because you're afraid of getting a Super Cold.

Think of me when you're presenting your "papers" at your next neighborhood police state checkpoint.

I need a break from the internet for a few months. I'm sick of reading idiocy from 90% of the population outside of this forum.

Throw your guns in a pile in the front yard. They are totally irrelevant now. Freedom fighters, my azz. Everyone was apparently full of shyte anyway. You can't shoot at the utterly terrifying coronavirus.

What if your guns killed someone like coronavirus does? You can't take that chance! Better safe than sorry, right? We must all get on board with common sense! Nobody wants to endanger others!..... Just like Covid-19 common sense. Fools.

I'm done.

Good luck

ps2fixer
04-07-2020, 12:13 PM
I'm no lawyer but pretty sure if you do get fined or jailed by an inspector you could sue for breaking the constitution. Now if the employer says it's a requirement and you don't follow it, I think that falls under the freedom of what the business wants and they can fire you for it. Kind of like the censoring facebook, twitter, and youtube does, that's legal because they are business level censorship, but pushing a certain political party I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. Now if the gov got involved and told social media that we can't talk about the virus, that's a violation of the first amendment, basically private businesses != government.

It's pretty scary what the gov can do legally though, martial law for example. In some situations the gov can become all power and control effectively everything, but only during an emergency.

This guy goes over the legal side of forcing people to stay home, long story short, it can happen in the US. FYI, he doesn't like Tump so he stabs at him whenever possible, ignore the political crap and just focus on the facts/laws he mentions, pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF8MswEQS7w

I've heard there's atleast one state doing state border checkpoints.

Gloves don't really do anything to stop the spread, it's the same thing as touching stuff directly. Face masks and respirators make sense. Basically it doesn't matter if you touch dog crap with your bare hands, or gloves, if you touch your mouth afterwards, you still are eating crap, put a mask on, and it's not so easy for the crap to get in your mouth lol. With the proper usage gloves can help, but that's like put on gloves, drive to work, do your work, drive home, and discard the gloves before going into the house, and your house is less likely to have issues. It's a little hard to reverse the logic and apply that for a business though. Like doctors and nurses pull it off in the context of the main area's are counted safe and they change gloves per patient they interact with. It's so they don't spread it from one person to another.

Hopefully this doesn't get to the point where the military monitors the streets and we are forced to stay at home against our will.

Scootertrash
04-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Wait!! 'chop!!!:

https://ytcropper.com/cropped/w65e8c9d54eeb08

Scootertrash
04-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Wow, f'n inspections?

I ran to Homopeehole yesterday and they have cones set up forming two lanes, one for "home proffessionals", one for "regular customers".

This whole thing is really starting to piss me off.

People complaining online about how Home Depot, Lowes etc are open and how it's just a money grab for those companies. Then they proceed to talk about how most of the people THEY SAW THERE aren't contractors?? Ummmm, HELLO! WTF are YOU doing there then?

Here's an idea: What if older people, vulnerable people, unhealthy people, etc, just stayed the f home? Get family and friends to bring you supplies? Ya know what? That wouldn't work either! Eventually EVERYBODY will be exposed to this, some will get sick, some will die. People die every day and this is no different. As several of us have said previously in this thread this is nothing but a huge attempted power grab.

I can't even watch the news anymore, even tho I only watched it for "Know your enemy"

I'm no intellectual, but the more numbers I hear the less they add up. None of it make any sense. The ventilator hysteria? If you get to the point where you need a respirator you're pretty much done for anyways.

From NPR, so it has to be true!
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/02/826105278/ventilators-are-no-panacea-for-critically-ill-covid-19-patients

Most coronavirus patients who end up on ventilators go on to die, according to several small studies from the U.S., China and Europe.

And many of the patients who continue to live can't be taken off the mechanical breathing machines.

among 98 ventilated patients in the U.K., just 33 were discharged alive.

The numbers from a study of Wuhan, China, are even grimmer. Only 3 of 22 ventilated patients survived.

Many ventilated patients get a new lung infection, a problem known as ventilator-associated pneumonia.

I should be going back to work next week. The wife talked to her neurologist's nurse and they can see no reason for me not to return to work and just take the basic precautions. They feel that since her chemo is almost done her immune system should be healed enough to be able to deal with this if she should get it. The chemo is for her MS, not cancer, just for clarity.;)

The main thing that pisses me off the most is that if you don't believe that a complete country should be shut down and our nations economy should be flushed down the toilet, somehow you're a heartless bastige that doesn't care about others.

Causes of death in the U.S. 2017:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

How come we're not shutting down the country over heart disease, cancer, or chronic lower respiratory diseases?

Why isn't the government forcing people to eat right, exercise, quit smoking, etc, to cut down on the first two and the 4th major causes of death in the U.S.?

How's that for a rhetorical question?

ps2fixer
04-07-2020, 12:43 PM
I think the difference is, you can't catch heart disease from someone else or cancer. If the gov forced people to eat right and do exercise, quit smoking etc, I think it would require a lock down so much that all freedoms would be gone. Things haven't exactly moved in the right direction for that kind of stuff. I'm sure pot smoking will turn into a similar thing as tobacco smoking, warning on the package that it causes health harm, but no one ever talks about the negatives of it.

If you jump down to influenza and pneumonia, almost 56k deaths, and that was a fairly bad year. With it "running wild" aka we not doing much of anything to stop it, so that's effectively worst case numbers. This covid 19 stuff is new, no one really knows the effect if it was left to ran wild. At first it was predicted 50-100m people could die from it. The numbers are coming in that shows it's much lower. According to the coronavirus task force briefings worst case now is predicted to 2-3m deaths. Really the question comes up, should we let 2-3m people die and get back to work, or cripple the country and try to slow it down to a manageable level. Clearly most of the people in those numbers have existing health issues already, some of which would have died anyway within the next few years. If the health system gets over burdened, the death rates would increase but haven't seen figures on what kind of % of people really need assistance with recovery.

There's some drugs being tested on hopefully critical patients, but like anything, it needs to be tested to see what the cons are vs the pros. I think I linked the video of a doctor talking about these drugs from over a month ago, so no point in linking it again.

I get the concept of the question, but the focus/scope is short term, the deaths *right now* is pretty low numbers. We would have to look at the long term numbers, what happens if it's left to run wild for a year, what if 90% of a large city gets sick all at once and say 20% needs special care, how many of those people would die that wouldn't have normally died. What kind of chaos would we see from the public (most so than now) if it was left to run wild. I can see the view point from both sides of the fence, I think some middle ground needs to be met.

sledcrazyinCT
04-07-2020, 09:58 PM

2) a commercial vaccine

#2 is a Gates/Fauci special copyrighted a few year back and ready for a 2020 debut at a hospital near you

ATC King
04-07-2020, 10:38 PM
I got out and about today. Texas now has checkpoints on their border with Louisiana. I drove to our AR/TX border to see if anything was going on there. Nope.

The Domtar paper mill in Ashdown Arkansas has laid off over 140 workers. This used to be the largest fine (computer) paper mill in the world. To put it into perspective, Ashdown has a population of less than 5,000 people, but many workers at the paper mill make near or over $100,000 a year. They also recently shut down another paper machine well before this. They're moving more toward fluff pulp production. The plant actually started as Nekoosa, then was Georgia Pacific, before being bought by Domtar.

Cooper Tire in Texarkana shut down a week or so ago. This is another very high paying plant in a low populated area. Many people here also make $100,000 or nearly as much a year. These places shutting down have a large impact on the local economy.

I've done contract work in Cooper and Domtar and know people who work in those places.

On the way back from Texarkana, I stopped to refuel. $1.59'9 per gallon.

A liquor store I used to make runs to on the Arkansas/Texas line is now closed, for good. Mostly it's because Little River county became wet again, first time after prohibition. The virus didn't help either. When I was in college, our geomorphology class stopped by here to top off before being stuck at a cabin for the night.https://www.facebook.com/Dujacks/

I would've liked to buy a few more koozies from them. 'If you didn't buy it a DuJacks, you don't know jack.' I think I gave away the last one I bought.

Arky-X
04-08-2020, 12:20 AM
Causes of death in the U.S. 2017:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Heart disease: 647,457
Abortions: 623,471
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Latest number I could find was from 2016.
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/abortion.htm

The reasons the wife and I are working from home is because we can and our employers told us to. I understand the need to socially distance and it is easy for me to say and do it because I can. But the masses think those rules should be placed on everyone. I can't apply my situation to some like my family that run a furniture business and have to keep their doors open to turn a buck. Thankfully, they keep low overhead so they are probably in a better position than most to ride this lunacy out. We shall see.

Flattening the curve comes with trade-offs of financial impacts and restriction of liberties. I'm able to budge a little on one of those......the other, none whatsoever. Too "1984-ish" for me.

Scootertrash
04-08-2020, 09:31 AM
Only 70,000 more deaths to go until we reach last years flu deaths.....thank god we killed the economy, and put millions out of work is not middle ground.

Clearly most of the people in those numbers have existing health issues already, some of which would have died anyway within the next few years

how many of those people would die that wouldn't have normally died

You're contradicting yourself with these two comments. It has already been established that the people who die were at risk of dying from pre-existing conditions detrimental to their health.

As 'chop said a few posts ago, there are only 2 ways out of this, herd immunity or a vaccine. It has been predicted that a vaccine is 1 year to 18 months away. Do we completely destroy our country for a few hundred thousand or couple of million lives that were already near death, and ruin the lives of the other 325 million residents of the U.S.?

I think not.

Listen, people die every friggin day. some deaths are preventable, some aren't. If a person chooses to engage in an activity that puts their life in danger, like drug or alcohol abuse, gang bangin', etc, that's on them and to be honest I have no fvcks to give about them.

Death is a fact of life and Mother Nature is a cruel fickle b!tch. The earth takes care of itself. If this(these) viruses were not man-made and released on purpose for political gain, then it's just Mother Nature taking care of business, and that will never change.

Scootertrash
04-08-2020, 09:34 AM
Flattening the curve comes with trade-offs of financial impacts and restriction of liberties.

So what do we do when it comes around next year? You know, just like the other flu-like illnesses.

The financial impacts and restriction of liberties should be imposed upon those at risk, not the general public.

Arky-X
04-08-2020, 10:00 AM
So what do we do when it comes around next year? You know, just like the other flu-like illnesses.

The financial impacts and restriction of liberties should be imposed upon those at risk, not the general public.

That's the $64k question for the "experts"
It's not just about next year, it's about next month-ish. As soon as the peak is over and everyone starts back to normal, BAM, another spike and here we go again.

I'm on a local sports forum and obviously Covid-19 is dominating the discussion. There are many that are preaching gloom and doom with this thing. All worried about what everyone else is doing at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart. They are telling people, "You would take it more seriously if it was one of your loved ones."

So the question you asked was kind-of thrown back at them. If it is so important to save even one life then why don't we lock ourselves away for 12-18 months until a vaccine comes out?
Then their tune changes. Oh no, can't do that. Then why the heck are we doing it now if we are going to be back in the same position in a month or so?

Just rip the dang band-aid off and be done with it.

Scootertrash
04-08-2020, 10:19 AM
That's the $64k question for the "experts"
It's not just about next year, it's about next month-ish. As soon as the peak is over and everyone starts back to normal, BAM, another spike and here we go again.

I'm on a local sports forum and obviously Covid-19 is dominating the discussion. There are many that are preaching gloom and doom with this thing. All worried about what everyone else is doing at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart. They are telling people, "You would take it more seriously if it was one of your loved ones."

So the question you asked was kind-of thrown back at them. If it is so important to save even one life then why don't we lock ourselves away for 12-18 months until a vaccine comes out?
Then their tune changes. Oh no, can't do that. Then why the heck are we doing it now if we are going to be back in the same position in a month or so?

Just rip the dang band-aid off and be done with it.

EXACTLY!

The other thing I get a kick out of is Fakebook. Now, I spend very little time on there cuz it just makes my head hurt with the ignorance and stupidity, but the posts that say stuff like "I know contractors need supplies, but why can't they just order online and pick it up at the store, then the store could be closed so regular shoppers couldn't go? Most of the people I saw there weren't contractors"

1. For anybody that's done any type of contractor work,hell even skilled DIY'ers, we all know "ordering online and picking up at the store ain't gonna work like the regular Joe thinks it will.

2. How exactly can you tell a contractor from your average homeowner? Are we going with theassuption that all contractors now wear those faggy lime green or bright orange shirts and jackets? NOT!

3. How does someone spot "non-contractor customers" if THEY AREN'T AT THE STORE AS WELL?? If you're at the store you can't beotch about others being there either. Friggin jagoffs

83ATC185
04-08-2020, 12:02 PM
For anybody that's done any type of contractor work,hell even skilled DIY'ers, we all know "ordering online and picking up at the store ain't gonna work like the regular Joe thinks it will.

I've been in a back and forth over a $700 custom built door that i ordered Jan 30, FOR 10 WEEKS NOW.

Oh yeah, just order it online and have it shipped right to your door...

Tri-Z 250
04-08-2020, 12:18 PM
If you die and you believe in God, know that your sole is needed by a higher power. The purpose of your journey on Earth has served it’s needs to the Almighty. Your destination is Heaven where God welcomes those baptized in his name. However short your life may seem on this rock, your sole is eternal. Have faith no matter what the Government says or does it’s in their best interest to seem as if controlling you is the answer. I think natural infection to human body overcomes it’s own illness is the cure. I also don’t believe the monkey,bat soup caused this. The more I look to the science of the actual cell formation and how it acts....imagine you reprogram it to attack Cancerous cells. To tell me some Asian guy in a market boiled this up in his crockpot is just not believable. We are all going to get sick so if you smoke...quitting will up your chances of it progressing past a flu like cold. Heaven is the greatest place and death only effects those who remain to the physical world. Peace to those laid to rest and pray for those left behind so they may carry on.

Scootertrash
04-08-2020, 12:46 PM
The IHME has revised their total death thru August 4 number down once again today:

60,415 COVID-19 deaths projected by August 4, 2020, it was 80,000 something a couple days ago.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

The IHME is funded by Bill Gates, whether that matters or not I am unsure. However, if he had a "secret vaccine" falsely lowering the numbers would do him no good, but he would still profit either way.

Scootertrash
04-08-2020, 12:54 PM
To tell me some Asian guy in a market boiled this up in his crockpot is just not believable.

I don't think that is the correlation they are trying ot make. I think it pertains more to what is needed for an existing pathogen in one species to make the jump to another species, besides the fact that the "wet markets" in China have got to be a petri dish of unhealthy stuff. Not to mention eating uncooked critters has got to be the most unhealthy thing imaginable, even if it's prevalent in a certain culture. Eventually something is going to go wrong.

fabiodriven
04-08-2020, 12:57 PM
If you die and you believe in God, know that your sole is needed by a higher power. The purpose of your journey on Earth has served it’s needs to the Almighty. Your destination is Heaven where God welcomes those baptized in his name. However short your life may seem on this rock, your sole is eternal. Have faith no matter what the Government says or does it’s in their best interest to seem as if controlling you is the answer. I think natural infection to human body overcomes it’s own illness is the cure. I also don’t believe the monkey,bat soup caused this. The more I look to the science of the actual cell formation and how it acts....imagine you reprogram it to attack Cancerous cells. To tell me some Asian guy in a market boiled this up in his crockpot is just not believable. We are all going to get sick so if you smoke...quitting will up your chances of it progressing past a flu like cold. Heaven is the greatest place and death only effects those who remain to the physical world. Peace to those laid to rest and pray for those left behind so they may carry on.

My shoes really liked this post.

Tri-Z 250
04-08-2020, 01:11 PM
Thanks for noticing: I guess Jesus did wear sandals, my bad. Now I’m never getting in!

DAM shop
04-08-2020, 01:32 PM
Thanks for noticing: I guess Jesus did wear sandals, my bad. Now I’m never getting in!

Maybe Jesus will chime in on this. How about Jesus, we could use your words of wisdom about now.

fabiodriven
04-08-2020, 01:45 PM

Lol sorry I had to do it.

Arky-X
04-08-2020, 02:24 PM
I don't think that is the correlation they are trying ot make. I think it pertains more to what is needed for an existing pathogen in one species to make the jump to another species, besides the fact that the "wet markets" in China have got to be a petri dish of unhealthy stuff. Not to mention eating uncooked critters has got to be the most unhealthy thing imaginable, even if it's prevalent in a certain culture. Eventually something is going to go wrong.

Wuhan supposedly cracked down on wet markets but there are plenty more in other Asian countries

Tri-Z 250
04-08-2020, 02:28 PM
The true evils of this World are found underneath a microscope and in the unknown nature of these organisms. The knowledge gained by the necessity of man to save lives; will be the greatest accomplishment for the human race. If unity comes in the form of health and science working together World wide for the greater good, shows even in tragic times some good will come from it.

Fab it made me laugh too. Can’t un-ring the bell.

fabiodriven
04-08-2020, 02:41 PM
I'll be honest, these modern times have brought me to the realization that true good and evil do exist. I'm having this conversation privately with a friend at this very moment.

I believe the democratic party is infected with evil. I believe they are a part of the cabal. I believe they have incentives to ignore reality and logic. I think that they are trying to take over the planet by any means necessary, which explains their desperate behavior. Their constant lies and cheating are constantly their own downfall, and it even makes them fight amongst themselves. It assures they lose every time, just as they have been and will continue to.

What amazes me are their followers. One of my oldest friends back home is a dem. He's like a closet dem, like he's embarrassed. He should be! But why involve yourself in a movement you're embarrassed by?

This guy was going to vote for boot edge edge. I'm like dude, this guy is anti white male. He holds it against you for being born a white male, and he's going to take from you to give to illegals or people of different colors... Whatever. But he's AGAINST YOU. Why on earth would you vote for someone who is against you?!?

No answer [emoji52]

Tri-Z 250
04-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Fab double post : batting 1000 over here

Scootertrash
04-08-2020, 03:44 PM
I'll be honest, these modern times have brought me to the realization that true good and evil do exist. I'm having this conversation privately with a friend at this very moment.

I believe the democratic party is infected with evil. I believe they are a part of the cabal. I believe they have incentives to ignore reality and logic. I think that they are trying to take over the planet by any means necessary, which explains their desperate behavior. Their constant lies and cheating are constantly their own downfall, and it even makes them fight amongst themselves. It assures they lose every time, just as they have been and will continue to.

What amazes me are their followers. One of my oldest friends back home is a dem. He's like a closet dem, like he's embarrassed. He should be! But why involve yourself in a movement you're embarrassed by?

This guy was going to vote for boot edge edge. I'm like dude, this guy is anti white male. He holds it against you for being born a white male, and he's going to take from you to give to illegals or people of different colors... Whatever. But he's AGAINST YOU. Why on earth would you vote for someone who is against you?!?

No answer [emoji52]

Not unlike the union coal miners voting for Obama while he was saying thruout his campaign he was going to close down coal burning plants. Or the Hostess bakers striking and then Hostess just shut down the plant and sold out. The Head of the Bakers Union defended the Bakers strike saying :They stood up for what they believed in and some other lame anti-capitalism BS. Yet the Union leader still had his 6 figure job (+ perks and bonuses) and the bakers had lost their jobs. He sure had their backs didn't he? Liberalism is a mental disease.

ps2fixer
04-08-2020, 05:42 PM
We would have to look at the long term numbers, what happens if it's left to run wild for a year, what if 90% of a large city gets sick all at once and say 20% needs special care, how many of those people would die that wouldn't have normally died.

That's the full quote, it was just out of context. The question was talking about if a large city had 90% of people get infected and 20% needed special case. Let me make it more realistic, Wayne county Michigan has 1.75m population in 2017, 90% infected would be 1.58m sick, and if it was 20% needed to go to the hospital, there would be about 315,000 people trying to get into the hospitals and I'm sure the capacity isn't enough to cover that many people. Now the question, of the 315k people, how many would die that wouldn't have died if we did this whole stay at home stuff.

Yea my wording was a bit vague in the original post and probably not proper English since it's so long. Those quotes are both in different contexts though and context is everything.

I guess real numbers of people with out a job that are starving and dying would bring light to how bad this is. So far everyone in my family have been doing well, no one asking for money etc (I'm effectively the family bank). My uncle is talking about buying a PCP air rifle with the money from the gov, he's not exactly one to think ahead. Like I said before, we need a middle ground, atleast keep the country rolling a little so people can afford food and such, but keep spread out as much as possible to slow the spread (notice it's not stop the spread?). I'm sure we are far from this being over with. My parents took in a "homeless" guy that my sister went to school with that we knew before this all happened. He was living in a van with his uncle before that and got kicked out of the house they were staying at. The people that need help just need to ask, there's atleast some nice people that can help out there yet.

Once we get past the peak of the curve, I doubt it's going to go down at the same rate as it went up, and hitting 0 cases seems about impossible.

ironchop
04-08-2020, 10:54 PM
Popped in to drop updates

People are running around shooting pics of others "not social distancing" and demanding forced shelter at home orders and "Facebook shaming" or calling OSHA or the police.... Sounds vaguely, and historically familiar, no?

Our governor reported 1346 confirmed cases in Kentucky as of 4pm today (in all 120 counties combined. Do that math) and 63 dead (in all 120 counties)(for four weeks of shutdown now).

Of course, everyone gets to credit the shutdown and social distancing for the lack of real sick and dead as opposed to the "forecasts"..... How convenient is that?

My friend Carlisle got it. He's in his 80s and had recently got chemo or radiation, I can't recall which. He's responding very well to that Malaria drug treatment those Dem governors tried to ban. Prayers will be appreciated.

*AHEM* [emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116][emoji116]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200409/ee2f6af6e06c1491e3e9141b417b10bd.jpg

fabiodriven
04-09-2020, 12:30 AM
This guy is a known conspiracy theorist, just so you know what you're in for if you watch him. I didn't make it the full two hours through this, but I made it halfway. I'm just taking this stuff in nibbles right now for my own well being.

I figured I'd share because he seems to be making a lot of sense. As I said earlier in this thread, I don't know know who or what to believe exactly, but this guy's theories do seem feasible to me.

https://londonreal.tv/the-truth-behind-the-coronavirus-pandemic-covid-19-lockdown-the-economic-crash-david-icke/

Some things I do believe; I do think this virus scare is absolutely on purpose.

I have a feeling the virus isn't as deadly as they've been telling us it is.

I think unless something drastic happens, like Trump flipping the cabal on their collective asses, we will be surrendering liberties in the name of public safety at the end of this.

I'm leaning on Trump to really shine here. I'm not willing to take their vaccines, not willing to have my health checked whenever they deem necessary, not willing to give up any liberties, and I'm ready to rid the planet of the enemy of the commoners. I'm hoping for a lot, but I feel like the Don could pull it off. I hope he yanks the curtain down for the whole planet to see. The way these libs and dems are acting, I think the future could be a very dangerous place with their way of thinking and operating. They are so bitter and so relentless, they seem to never stop. I hope every day I have the good fortune to watch their fall. That's a potential silver lining in this.

ps2fixer
04-09-2020, 01:17 AM
What a sketchy site, make sure you put a garbage email in for anyone that wants to watch the video. I normally leave sites like that, but going to check the vid out.

fabiodriven
04-09-2020, 01:29 AM
What a sketchy site, make sure you put a garbage email in for anyone that wants to watch the video. I normally leave sites like that, but going to check the vid out.

It didn't seem sketchy at all to me. Not one pop-up or ad and the video played exceptionally well for me. I have terrible service here and it can be tough to watch anything sometimes. I noticed how fast this video loaded and never buffered or anything. The person who suggested I view it explained it was removed from YouTube. That's almost always a sign it's something people should see.

To each their own though. No sense in not being careful if anyone is worried.

ps2fixer
04-09-2020, 01:46 AM
This is what I'm talking about, I hate sites that force you to give up your email, phone, location, etc to view their content. It pops up as soon as you hit play and I have an ad blocker. I just opened it in a new private window to get that screen shot.

https://i.gyazo.com/99062fb0fec2d78762946f4607967550.png

fabiodriven
04-09-2020, 01:53 AM
I don't know what to tell you bud. Don't watch it. As a matter of fact I advise anyone against watching it.

ps2fixer
04-09-2020, 02:27 AM
So far all I'm seeing is the guy cherry picking things that correlates to his idea of how things are becoming. Here's another video that does the same thing at the bottom of this reply.

A good saying: "Correlation is not causation", just because you can find patterns in data that line up to things, it doesn't always mean that's proof those two things are related. Some of the stuff the guy says is spot on, but then some is pretty far left field. Another good saying... "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", those types of videos seem to never give any kind of proof or reference material. I did a check on the event 201 thing, and it's true, it was on the web back in nov 2019. Here's an internet archive grab of it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191123144135/http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

It's interesting that the first record of the virus was nov 17th based on some random google results. Does that mean Bill Gates is part of this, don't know, it's an odd correlation.

The whole cash thing is true but not true in my eyes. It's like carb'ed vehicles, the "better" thing is EFI, computer controlled, etc, so companies jumped on that tech and left carbs behind. I feel cash and digital payments will do the same thing. The whole thing about not spending cash makes sense short term, not long term though. Businesses are allowed to make their own rules, so if they don't want to accept cash, they don't have to, there's no law forcing them to that I'm aware of. Now saying that is because of one world currency seems silly, physically you have to hand the cash over, while the card method you have to mess with the machine. I suspect cash very slightly has a higher chance of spreading the virus, while the card lowers it a little, but then the fact still remains that you have to use the keypad that everyone else uses. Seems like neither are a perfect solution and I refuse to take a chip in my arm to pay for goods and I'm one that's never had a flu vaccine, and don't plan to get it.

Also, you realize 1% is defined as 1 in 100, as in 300m people in the US, 3m are the top 1%. Not such a small group of people now, or atleast it's a horrible term/name for that group. Most doctors are part of the 1%, but that's because they have some of the highest paying jobs. Small to Medium business owners are often in that 1% as well if their business is successful and has a fair number of people working for them. Small businesses are defined pretty loosely.

The U.S. Small Business Administration counts companies with as much as $35.5 million in sales and 1,500 employees as "small businesses", depending on the industry. Outside government, companies with less than $7 million in sales and fewer than five hundred employees are widely considered small businesses.
Source is wikipedia so not great but I've heard similar figures from other locations before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_business

Anyway, I've watched a ton of conspiracy theory videos, even watched a few of the flat earth theory ones, those ones are quite funny on how clueless people are. I have yet to have any of them not stumble when someone asks how a lunar eclipse works on their model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VielSUhG-40

ironchop
04-09-2020, 02:34 PM
So......Just lost my job for at least a few months an hour ago.

Who cares who loses their azzes financially? Or their homes or cars? As long as beta soy children and terrified people can feel safe and secure, and Democrats can virtue-signal. It doesn't matter that SOMEONE ELSE HAD TO PAY DEARLY FOR YOUR STUPID SECURITY, DICKHEAD..... FOR EVERY WINNER, THERE'S A LOSER!

Arky-X
04-09-2020, 02:52 PM
So......Just lost my job for at least a few months an hour ago.

Who cares who loses their azzes financially? Or their homes or cars? As long as beta soy children and terrified people can feel safe and secure, and Democrats can virtue-signal. It doesn't matter that SOMEONE ELSE HAD TO PAY DEARLY FOR YOUR STUPID SECURITY, DICKHEAD..... FOR EVERY WINNER, THERE'S A LOSER!

Hate to hear this chop.

You are one of the "casualties" many don't want to talk about or pat you on the head and tell you about the stimulus plan that will save you.
Freakin' sux

And for that person that gives you crap about taking the govt chex and that makes you ok with socialism..........just punch em in the face.

:(

Shep1970
04-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Your not alone in this chop, 3- weeks ago I had 5 almost 6 good jobs lined up that would have easily filled my work schedule until late fall. I knew the texts/phone calls were coming eventually, so yup one by one last week cancelled/ postponed until————unknown.....
The one good 5-6-week job I have basically left is a customer from last yr. pain in the azz to work for, and to add to the frustration there both teachers and home all day now due to schools closed. That job will be my emergency when I’m very, very, desperate “job”
I’ve been stocking up on aluminum ingots and plastic/rubber supplies before my “play” money runs out.
Atleast fuel cost is low- that’s the only positive I’ve got.

Shep

ironchop
04-09-2020, 03:49 PM
You are one of the "casualties" many don't want to talk about or pat you on the head and tell you about the stimulus plan that will save you.
Freakin' sux

Yeah that stimulus check isn't going to cut it.

1) people will lose their health insurance in droves unless Cobra got cheaper when I wasn't looking

2) 401K? Yeah, they killed that again in less than twelve years since the last big hit.

3) waitstaff, bartenders, hairdressers, and others make a majority of their income from tips... Is there a tip stimulus check coming for these people? Unemployment checks for waiters making below minimum wage isn't going to cut it.

4) politicians are idiots, and should never assume to know how to fix anything at all for regular people

5) this is all a political stunt meant to cause as much pain as possible and hopefully win the white house for some Leftist with Alzheimer's and a problem touching children and women. From Western Europe, to China, to the USA, there was a major pushback against the establishment ideology and the push for one globe government, so they find a way to get everyone back in line and back on the government teat.

These scum will stop at nothing to win

This is what globo-socialism looks like. Micro-control over the world population, it's commerce, and it's movement "for everyone's own good" while they facilitate a massive Global pandemic as a means for control. Nothing is sacred. Nothing has value and can't be replaced. Nothing matters but the ideology and the narrative. Nothing will make them admit failure. Nothing, including genocide, is off the table.

Universal and perpetual struggle - Maoism

Invent the reason for your own relevance, and they will never reject you or your "truths"

Shep1970
04-09-2020, 04:25 PM
Us layed off or unemployed folks can start a thread on “what’s the best soaps to watch every afternoon”

(Kidding)
Hmmm I wonder if wheel of fortune is still on at 11am...
Don’t care for drew Carey hosting the price is right / if it’s even still on tv

Building inspector (dad) says it’s a ghost town at the town hall/ no new permits, guys are outa work or just finishing up jobs they started prior to this whole virus thing.
I’ve noticed the mostly Foreign landscapers are out in full force though......they can’t speak a lick of English but there working.

Shep

Scootertrash
04-10-2020, 10:51 AM
Sorry for your job loss 'chop, I hope things perk up fast enough so you're not out of work too long.

Talked to my Supervisor this morning, he was surprised I'm wanting to come back already. Problem is we can't get any definitive info on how this could negatively affect the Missus MS, if at all. When she said "I think you should just go back to work" we discussed it like adults and she told me "If you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry about".

The company is still pretty slow, but being commercial construction hopefully it will pick up like normal in a few weeks, still early in the season and frost isn't completely out of the ground yet.

ironchop
04-10-2020, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys

We'll be fine. This is what I was talking about last fall and why I wanted out of manufacturing altogether. It's just no longer a stable or secure career path and since the huge players play the gobal market like a fiddle, and the global market condition now determines every economy , we pay the ultimate price with our jobs.... I want off this funhouse ride nightmare.

Shep, I hope it turns around for you guys soon. I'd still be in this boat even if I had transitioned to contracting by now. I guess I should be thankful.

While our governor is busy writing the script for his daily radio show, our state's unemployment offices and website has been repeatedly crashed for weeks, the phones go unanswered, and the local offices have been closed for weeks. All he cares about is continuing his lockdown and trying to make people terrified while trying to appear as if he's calming their fears, and have us begging to be saved from the unseen Doom.

My company's owner applied for one of these "bailout payroll loans/grants" that these elitist DICKS have been raving on about how much it will "help" so that he might keep us all working gainfully.... He told us that after trying to get thru on the phone, websites, etc that were repeatedly crashing, being given false or no useful information, he finally got ahold of someone to apply for a loan to, only to be told that the bailout money was all already gone after just 32hrs, and that most of what Congress voted to give out, "was already congressionally earmarked for certain things/businesses before it was released to the financial institutions to be distributed to small business owners"

So there you go, business as usual for Congress. Voting brand new shush funds into existence for themselves and friends. The big businesses get dibs and the small businesses are left with scraps to fight over.

Why is it considered worse to lose a company that employs 200K people than it is to lose 100K small businesses that employ 20 ppl each? Or lose 10K people to Covid worse than 65K ppl to flu? We are going to have to change the way we've all been programmed to perceive our surroundings.

So I'll be fine, hopefully, just as soon as our publicity-seeking governor gets the DNC dick out of his mouth and his head out of his azz and FIXES HIS OWN FAILED STATE INSTITUTIONS.

Hey Dandy Beshear,
Your dumb radio addresses aren't paying our rent, aren't paying our health insurance, aren't feeding our families, aren't putting gas in our cars, aren't helping us find work, aren't stopping any viruses, and aren't making me feel safe and secure. What's the point, Dandy boy? Bet I already know what the point is.

But the Mainstem media reports how much Andy should be the national example, while not reporting how much he's FAILED Kentucky residents for the last few weeks

It's all about optics

BTW, I heard that CBS News just got caught AGAIN using Italy hospital video footage, this time represented as Pennsylvania hospital footage during Corona reporting. That's twice in about two weeks that they tried to pass this off as domestic hospital footage. That's also the third time in less than a year, CBS had intentionally misused or misrepresented video footage that they showed in the news.... Don't forget the "Turkish invasion of Syria" footage that turned out to be a night shoot video shot at Knob Creek Machine Gun show in Kentucky.

How many of you get your news from CBS? You might want to start fact-checking them on the regular before you trust anything they report

ironchop
04-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Hmmm... Here we go AGAIN, CBS!

Hit the link, not the pic

https://www.facebook.com/officialbenshapiro/videos/fake-news-watch-as-weeping-covid-19-nurse-viral-vid-story-unravels/3408615785821251/

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200411/5eff60aab2f9357e3a014ceb3e478f63.jpg

ironchop
04-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Welp....... Hurry and watch this before they take it down

https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=400&width=300&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Frikk.morosin i%2Fvideos%2F10158382022587147%2F

fabiodriven
04-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Getting away from the news and the bookface was definitely the right idea. Spending time going through this stuff on the forum is helping me find my footing on this subject. Thanks guys.