PDA

View Full Version : 250es stator and flywheel damage-is this why it won't start?

Sperdue
03-31-2020, 10:34 AM
I had some teeth break off of my starter gears. I removed the gears and she still ran. I noticed there was a small groove in my stator where a hunk of metal had got stuck to my flywheel. The flywheel was scratched too but I sanded it down to get the rough edges out. The stator is damaged but it ran like this. After replacing my gear shifter shaft and put covers back on, now I have no spark and won't start. I plan on testing the stator with my meter first. Wouldn't the starter still turn over though? The neutral light doesn't come on either. I only rode this thing like 3 times before I tore it apart but I can't remember if the light worked or not. I think my next actions will be testing with the meter, starting at the stator, then cdi, igniion etc. Hopefully I can figure out how to use this meter and track down the problem. Could my stator just have went bad all of a sudden?

Homeless Dave
03-31-2020, 06:58 PM
No neutral light, spark or starter... Is your neutral safety wire connected and if it is the connection good?

Sperdue
04-01-2020, 07:26 AM
That's exactly what it was. When I had the case off it must've pulled it lose. I connected it back together and runs like a champ now. thanks