PDA

View Full Version : Hole in cases on 250R ATC, any thoughts...

rmcollector
04-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Bought this 86 250R atc motor awhile back and just had some time today to finally have a look at it, well, I found out why it's not holding any air on a leak down test. It has a pretty big hole in the center of the cases behind the counter balancer area. Anyone think jb weld would seal this up if it was done properly? I've had some success with jb weld over the years, but didn't know if this would be going to far. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

yaegerb
04-08-2020, 05:41 PM
Bought this 86 250R atc motor awhile back and just had some time today to finally have a look at it, well, I found out why it's not holding any air on a leak down test. It has a pretty big hole in the center of the cases behind the counter balancer area. Anyone think jb weld would seal this up if it was done properly? I've had some success with jb weld over the years, but didn't know if this would be going to far. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Get it professionally welded

newby200x
04-09-2020, 06:43 AM
^^what he said. There's a feller named Dave Moore out of Texas that I've sent 2 sets of cases to in the past. He is one of the best in the business at repairing 250R cases...he can practically fix any broken or damaged case out there.