PDA

View Full Version : Please Help !!!!

Triz251
02-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey guys i just got a 1986 LT 250 quadracer . the guy who i got it from said that due to a lack of compression it would need to be bored and new piston and rings, also he said that it could probably be pop started . i got it home and checked spark , gets fine spark, kill switch works good too
, i went to kick it, and it got some compression half way down on the stroke of the kick , totally a lack of compression or at least enough to kickstart the thing ....? so then me and a friend tried towing the thing behind a Tri-moto 225 dx and it towed it but it only seemed to start for a second and the rope broke so , in turn we then used romex electrical wire , and again started for only 5 seconds and stalled. now i cleaned the carb out , the gas is good tried pulling it agian same thing wouldn't start.
maybe some ether to start it would work??? but my quaetion is is how to get it running ?? someone in here definitely knows becasue they have probably dealt with these in the past!!! please let me know why you think is wrong with it? thank you and anypost you make will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!11

Sincerly Ryan
P.S. I probobly shouldn't have tried to start it behind my
trike but I am young and stupid at the age of 17
Thanks ......

TRI-Zbrian
02-23-2004, 04:54 PM
do a compression test on it man..... if it is to low thats all its going to do is just try to start.... im 19 and i do the same s h i t some times.... lol tow starting it isnt going to hurt it any..... but it does sound like the guy was right and it needs a rebuild.

Triz251
02-23-2004, 05:46 PM
well , thanks for the info brian , its greatly appreciated. and maybe what is causing all this trouble. ;)