PDA

View Full Version : 250sx Neutral/Reverse switch harness

IronCreek
07-23-2020, 02:13 PM
Hey guys, it didn't like my search query so here we are.

Right away on first look, I noticed that the neutral and reverse switch connector on the lower right side of the engine is not the best design. I've tried crimping the connectors while on the pins with pliers and they just slip off again.

Is it possible to thread the pins and just put a ring terminal on the wires?

Other thoughts? TIA!

Flyingw
07-26-2020, 09:18 AM
The connectors in the plug are female bullet connectors. You need to make the hole smaller so it tightens up on the end of the switch. If the plug is trashed then clip it off and crimp on some female bullet connectors and cover with some shrink tubing.

IronCreek
07-26-2020, 09:33 PM
The connectors in the plug are female bullet connectors. You need to make the hole smaller so it tightens up on the end of the switch. If the plug is trashed then clip it off and crimp on some female bullet connectors and cover with some shrink tubing.

That's pretty much what I ended up doing, however I discovered they're not female bullet connectors but the stoplight terminals. Clipped right on perfectly. Tried to replicate the little cover thing too that was long gone.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2901&attachmentid=263769

Hope it works for a while, was just curious what others may have done. Thanks for the help!