PDA

View Full Version : 85 atc250sx

kev2k
08-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Hey guys,

Recently got my hands on an all original 85' atc250sx in a really good condition and I've begun doing the regular maintenance, but one thing I've noticed while shifting from neutral to first gear, it does gives a good "kick" or "bump". So my question is, would the clutch adjustment fix my problem, or is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks.

shortline10
08-23-2020, 04:37 PM
Other than making sure your idle isn’t set to high when going from neutral into gear it’s very typical for that model .
Adjusting the clutch might help a little , Also the main clutch when cold also have a tendency to stick but usually loosen up after a few seconds of riding .

kev2k
08-23-2020, 05:49 PM
Other than making sure your idle isn’t set to high when going from neutral into gear it’s very typical for that model .
Adjusting the clutch might help a little , Also the main clutch when cold also have a tendency to stick but usually loosen up after a few seconds of riding .

Ok, will try adjusting the clutch, as for the idle, it could be a tad bit slower, but not by much lol. Thank you! Will check it out.
If anybody had this issue and found something else, feel free to post here.