PDA

View Full Version : Electric start for the X? Do you have an electric start for an X? Want one?

XRyder
02-23-2021, 07:19 AM
Sadly my knee has been injured several times and may finally catching up to me. So much so I may have to consider selling my X if I cannot fit it with an electric start. If anyone has 1 they would trust me with to make a pattern it would save a lot of work. I would produce as many as requested here on our forum. If no body has one I would have to consider fabbing one from scratch or installing another engine with a starter as an alternative? Thoughts?

HairyJR
02-23-2021, 01:26 PM
OH Soooo many X's...…..which one?

"HJ" 266822 :beer

vtobusman
02-23-2021, 02:36 PM
I have a goki one on my bike now i can possibly help out as the gear that gets pressed onto the flywheel got damaged when the starter gear broke... so i would be looking for a new gear

Hit me up....
Oohh my trike is a honda 350x

BOB MARLIN
02-23-2021, 06:52 PM
There is a guy remaking the gear rings now. Not sure if they are ready yet but I saw it on one of the facebook 3 wheeler groups.

XRyder
02-23-2021, 10:22 PM
OK what did you have in mind? I see someone may have a gear for you, if you still want to proceed I guess we should talk instead of type! Would you like to PM me your number? I'm not sure how to proceed with this forum stuff! Thanks

XRyder
02-23-2021, 10:34 PM
OK what did you have in mind? I see someone may have a gear for you, if you still want to proceed I guess we should talk instead of type! Would you like to PM me your number? I'm not sure how to proceed with this forum stuff! Thanks

vtobusman
02-25-2021, 09:41 AM
There is a guy remaking the gear rings now. Not sure if they are ready yet but I saw it on one of the facebook 3 wheeler groups.

You wouldnt happen to have a line on the guy re-making the gear rings would ya ??

BOB MARLIN
02-25-2021, 09:58 AM
I don't remember the name but if I come across it again I'll take note.
I've decided to sell my Goki and I think I have a spare ring gear somewhere. Is it the ring gear your looking for ?. Or the starter too ?. It appears you had the same issue with your starter that I did. I just got it all back together and working and now the battery is to old to start it so I decided that I'm just done with it. Don't throw away the starter gear that broke off. I had to put it on the new starter to get it to work.