PDA

View Full Version : 1985 350x Front Fork Options

Complexish
03-02-2021, 08:42 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post on here. I have tried to search the forum for a couple days now and am still unsure of my options. Many years back my dad rolled his 350x. In the accident, the front fork tubes got pretty bent. We are having trouble finding some replacement tubes at a decent price. I have read about the option to use 250r forks, but I am confused on the process. I have read that you can use "the 350 bottom legs and use the 250 top part." (didn't wanna bump a 7 year old post). Does this mean solely the internals, or can the tubes from the 250 be used, or only the internals?

Otherwise, anyone have any leads on some front fork tubes that are in good shape?

Thanks!

oldskool83
03-02-2021, 10:28 PM
Forking by frank makes new tubes, they are relocating but after settled in yiu can get new ones. No point spending bank for old junk. If just bend shortline on here can straighten them. If all rusted and pitted they are worthless, just the chrome tubes

wonderboy
03-02-2021, 11:08 PM
The 2nd gen 250R (83/84) fork tubes will work. If you use the damping rods from the 250R forks, you'll get a little bit more travel. Use the 350X lowers so that your axle and brakes mount the same way, but you can use all the other guts from the 250R forks.

I'll vouch for shortline's straightening service. I sent him my 350X forks and my brothers 3rd gen 250R forks. He straightened them out perfectly.