PDA

View Full Version : new toy...kinda

groundfly
02-25-2004, 08:49 PM
well a guy at work gave me a 1986 cr 125r today, needs piston rings, and wiring harness. and a liiile other. oh, crank-shaft is locked up? all the plastic looks good, over-all bike seems to be in good shape. geuss i'll try to find parts and re-build>>

Honda300ex
02-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Thats cool, I wish ppl would give me stuff.. .. I had a 86 Cr80.. I loved it.. Wouldnt happen to want to sell this 125 would you?

groundfly
02-25-2004, 10:08 PM
No i don't wanna sell it, not yet anyway..lol. since im selling my cr 250r, i think i'm gonna try to hang on to it. it's more my size.

3 weelin geezer
02-26-2004, 12:15 AM
I gave away a yaamaha dt 175 last year. I was riding the thing and it was ok then all of a sudden it sounded like a bunch of little midgets were rapping at the motor with wee hammers and it started to lose power. I figured it was about to lock up so so I shut it off. It wouldn't restart and I had to walk about a mile to my truck. My brother thought I fell off or something because I took so long to return and was about to go look for me. I contemplated fixing it but I decided to put the money on my atc instead. A co worker expressed desire to buy it a couple of weeks before but now was kinda hesitant until I mentioned the 'right' price and he came and got it the next day.