PDA

View Full Version : TF 2021 events ?

big specht
05-24-2021, 09:54 AM
I know weather plays a big roll in events happening or not but has there been any planning or contact about motocross track or drag track. Or any pre sign up for events like in the pre bookface days? It’s going to be here before we know it.

big specht
05-25-2021, 12:24 PM
Man this place is going down hill fast.

keister
05-25-2021, 12:38 PM
I was wondering the same.......

Oh well, since nobody wants to talk about that........

Who is coming and camping in your crew?

and where are you planning to camp?

kiser
05-25-2021, 05:48 PM
No it's not going down hill fast, it's been on the decline for several years. Look at all of the TF picture threads, every year they get shorter and fewer posts across the board. Check Facebook Fest, maybe you will find something there. That's where all the cool kids are.

Howdy
05-25-2021, 06:01 PM
I know quite a few are getting burned out with the work involved to putting things together. Not to mention some people coming in and reserving peoples camp sites that they have had since they were coming. I may or may not be in the same location myself.

Also, Indiana still has some restrictions ( or did ). Nobody knew what restrictions will or won't be in place around TF when it was time to really start planning. Hard to justify spending a ton of time and money only to be told you can't do it. ( last year is a good example ).

People don't respect all the work that goes into putting things together. Not pointing ANY fingers here: But I heard a lot of complaining last year when we couldn't have scheduled events. I have heard quite a few complaints on the Fakebook as well.

I don't know what activities will happen, if some people wish to step up and take charge of the racing and such then lets do it. I think I have enough time to get awards ordered. I don't know how soon the cut off time is. I didn't order the awards I only order the gear, and pay the bills for the awards.

Howdy

big specht
05-25-2021, 09:54 PM
Reserving camp sites ? When did this start. Or when did they have actual campsite. That place has been like wellsville with a club house ever sense we’ve been going. So there is no events planned this year ? SO who is running the show this year ?

Howdy
05-26-2021, 01:23 AM
Reserving camp sites ? When did this start. Or when did they have actual campsite. That place has been like wellsville with a club house ever sense we’ve been going. So there is no events planned this year ? SO who is running the show this year ?

Apparently they started last year reserving in it spots. Don't know that I agree with it, but I think they should have notified the people that religiously camped at spots to have first dibs. But some people still snuck in and took other people's spots. It's a real "Richard" move on some people's part.
I know it's my spots taken by a trikefest attendee it may be a short year for me.

big specht
05-26-2021, 05:33 AM
If that is what is happening that is a bad move on haspin part. We always thought it was a first come first move camping.

keister
05-26-2021, 12:34 PM
If that is what is happening that is a bad move on haspin part. We always thought it was a first come first move camping.

It still is, but with a few very major exceptions (those being the two pavillions and the house).

I think the TrikeLife and Club14 guys reserved / paid in advance for the pavillion at the big MX track.

I don't know who reserved the pond pavillion or the house, but by the tone of Howdy's email I gather it was not Billy, Xowner, and the Shivelys.

Billy Golightly
05-27-2021, 08:23 AM
I guess I'll go ahead and make a post publicly about what I've been telling people privately for the last 3 months now.

In february or so I learned that haspin was still doing the whole "email us for reservations because of capacity" thing, and that they were "reserving campsites" now also, which are two separate things, by the way.

So I emailed Haspin with my days I planned to be there and said I understand you guys are reserving camp sites now, and I want the old house where we have always camped at for the past 15 plus years.

I was told it had already been reserved by someone, LAST YEAR. I called and talked to Haspin for over a half hour and they were apologetic to a degree and offered to reserve it for us next year, there was nothing they could do about it for this year and "hopefully we can work something out with them". Basically it was my fault for not having reserved it. I explained that this is where we had basically coordinated a lot of the signups, scheduling, worked out track prepping details, where everyone came to whenever they had a question or issue basically, it was sort of the command post.

So, I started asking around about these folks that reserved the house area, reached out to them through some mutual acquaintances and people, messed 2 different facebook accounts, got a phone # and actually called and left them a message, never have gotten a reply back.

I think it was a boneheaded move for Haspin to offer reservations in general, muchless reserve the "hub" out without telling us (no one said ANYTHING to me when we were signing in last year, or throughout the week, and sure never called and told me hey heads up this is what we're doing now).

I think it was a boneheaded move for a "3wheeler person" to think it was cute and reserve the hub out from underneath of us and then not even want to talk about sharing space at least or anything. I know many of you DO appreciate and enjoy what we put on and do, but that just *really* has rubbed me the wrong way. Why should I deal with that? What's the fun in busting my balls for someone like that?

I'm half tempted to still go this year and hide out in the woods and just tell everyone I encounter the whole week to come by and see me at "my" campsite for a beer and some food or any questions about events, or I have a half dozen NOS short track kits I'm selling for $500/each and that if I'm not there the folks at my campsite are jokesters and will tell you I'm not camped there, just to be an extra dick head and let them see what all kind of traffic of people come in and out of there throughout the week and especially the last 3 days to really get a taste of somethin. Or send everyone up to the front office with every question or concern about everything for the whole week...

But anyways. Yeah, I'm pretty upset / pissed off about that whole situation and I have no intentions of going this year. I've been running on burn out the last few years anyways as I am sure Howdy is also. Last year was really nice to just show up and have a good time. It was a nice departure from teh craziness that is Friday and Saturday usually. It sucks that this had to happen and fall on the 20th year but it is what it is.

atctim
05-27-2021, 09:05 AM
So what you are saying is all of the late night shenanigans and basement racing at 3am IS encouraged??? Or are you saying we should use the basement for Barge Ropes only? Traffic and a meeting point at the house would surely make it hard to sleep there? Will X-Owner be supplying the M80s for the basement or should I bring some?

This is all news to me and sounds like horse crap - the nerve of people these days has got me like - I am not even surprised anymore.

ironchop
05-27-2021, 09:16 AM
If that is what is happening that is a bad move on haspin part. We always thought it was a first come first move camping.We need to get together. I was talking to Shane about this the other day.

If our leadership has lost its taste for the Fest, Haspin is bent on acting stupid, attendees with zero respect for the process or the hierarchy, Fakebook is helping destroy the event, and quit a few of us don't like the direction things are going at Haspin then we should have our own thing I guess. I've always wanted to ride with Mik at Mikfest too. Might be time for me to try some smaller rides anyway. The only days I really enjoyed TF, were the days leading up to the official TF....Sunday through Thursday... After Thursday afternoon it starts getting crowded with more than just trike people and the overall crowd attitude gets more irritating.

It's been a great run and I'm crazy appreciative of all the work that Billy and Howdy and many MANY others put into this every year, but if they aren't feeling it anymore, alot of people are complaining, and nobody else is stepping up(including myself), then why bother?

Best festival I've ever attended. Sad that nobody has the appetite for it anymore, but I completely understand.

The concrete house thing is a dick move for sure. So you know it's trike people who reserved it?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Howdy
05-27-2021, 09:48 AM
It still is, but with a few very major exceptions (those being the two pavillions and the house).

I think the TrikeLife and Club14 guys reserved / paid in advance for the pavillion at the big MX track.

I don't know who reserved the pond pavillion or the house, but by the tone of Howdy's email I gather it was not Billy, Xowner, and the Shivelys.

From what I was told they didn't even know about the reserving ability until after it was done. Everyone knew Kevin, Cory, Billy, Johnathan, Anthony, Dale ( when he comes ), and a few others camped it the same spot every year. Billy also put together a big part of the events. Everyone knew where Billy camped and where to go to get questions answered on the events. Like I have said before and I will stand by it, It was a complete "Richard" move.
I can understand completely with Billy ( and others ) wanting to step aside from doing the events for just this reason alone ( but I do know he as well as many others have been getting burned out, including myself ). He may or may not reply to this thread, that's totally up to him.

If someone wants to step up and put the MX / Drags together, then step up and post up.

I myself liked the grunge matches at the drags that we did for the first few years. I liked the organized as well, but the gunge matches was for pure fun. Nothing like seeing a Zinger and a 200x competing, Or a 4 wheeler and Hagen in the 1/2 car ( Mik6 remembers ).
A couple years ago a few of us on the TF Committee had discussed ways to retain the main helpers. At the time it wasn't really feasible, but maybe we need to revisit the idea and figure out how we can make it happen. Each event takes a lot of work preparing for them, and it takes a lot of helpers to run them.

It's too late for this year, but if you think this is a good idea, then next year I will see to it that at least the main person (s) running the scheduled events have a shirt customized for them. I will see about get name, and event(s) that they are in charge of on the shirts. This customization will take extra time, so we would have to have the Main personnel / helpers figured out by the first of March or so to get a shirt. These will be dated with the year. Who knows what else we maybe able to come up with? Got other ideas? Speak up!!

Here is an off the cuff idea give me input: If we can get some people to step up and take charge of our normal scheduled events ( Drags, MX, ect ) then I will personally pay for 10-15 TF21 shirts myself. These will go for the helpers of these events. There could be more helpers than shirts, so might have to do a helper only raffle unless others step up. If we do it as a raffle then you get an entry for each event you help with. Will have to figure this out better before TF and give full details at Haspin. It ain't much but it's a start. This is currently only and Idea I am throwing out here. Give me input!!

Thanks
Howdy

ironchop
05-27-2021, 09:56 AM
From what I was told they didn't even know about the reserving ability until after it was done. Everyone knew Kevin, Cory, Billy, Johnathan, Anthony, Dale ( when he comes ), and a few others camped it the same spot every year. Billy also put together a big part of the events. Everyone knew where Billy camped and where to go to get questions answered on the events. Like I have said before and I will stand by it, It was a complete "Richard" move.
I can understand completely with Billy ( and others ) wanting to step aside from doing the events for just this reason alone ( but I do know he as well as many others have been getting burned out, including myself ). He may or may not reply to this thread, that's totally up to him.

If someone wants to step up and put the MX / Drags together, then step up and post up.

I myself liked the grunge matches at the drags that we did for the first few years. I liked the organized as well, but the gunge matches was for pure fun. Nothing like seeing a Zinger and a 200x competing, Or a 4 wheeler and Hagen in the 1/2 car ( Mik6 remembers ).
A couple years ago a few of us on the TF Committee had discussed ways to retain the main helpers. At the time it wasn't really feasible, but maybe we need to revisit the idea and figure out how we can make it happen. Each event takes a lot of work preparing for them, and it takes a lot of helpers to run them.

It's too late for this year, but if you think this is a good idea, then next year I will see to it that at least the main person (s) running the scheduled events have a shirt customized for them. I will see about get name, and event(s) that they are in charge of on the shirts. This customization will take extra time, so we would have to have the Main personnel / helpers figured out by the first of March or so to get a shirt. These will be dated with the year. Who knows what else we maybe able to come up with? Got other ideas? Speak up!!

Here is an off the cuff idea give me input: If we can get some people to step up and take charge of our normal scheduled events ( Drags, MX, ect ) then I will personally pay for 10-15 TF21 shirts myself. These will go for the helpers of these events. There could be more helpers than shirts, so might have to do a helper only raffle unless others step up. If we do it as a raffle then you get an entry for each event you help with. Will have to figure this out better before TF and give full details at Haspin. It ain't much but it's a start. This is currently only and Idea I am throwing out here. Give me input!!

Thanks
HowdyWith all due respect, and I mean that, please keep the forum informed as well. At this point it's late and TF is three weeks away and it's kind of short notice that we are learning about these issues just now. Alot of us aren't on Facebook and lots of people lurk here still, so a heads up would be helpful for people who are willing to help

Like last year, I didn't even know Haspin was letting anyone in until a week beforehand so I had already rescheduled my vacation and couldn't change it.

Also I'm guessing there hasn't been a raffle trike in a few years? Because nobody has announced one here in a few years, for sure. Don't forget about us. We never left.

Howdy
05-27-2021, 10:23 AM
Also I'm guessing there hasn't been a raffle trike in a few years? Because nobody has announced one here in a few years, for sure. Don't forget about us. We never left.

At the beginning of the year it didn't look too good for a lot of events. Borders closed ( and still are for most everyone but illegals ), and with too much uncertainty I personally made the decision to hold off on raffling it this year. It may have been a bad decision on my part, but I felt it was the right one to do at the time. The lack of a Trike raffle for this year lays solely upon me. Please note: I do have a nice Polaris Scrambler lined up to raffle off.
Howdy

Howdy
05-27-2021, 11:16 AM
We need to get together. I was talking to Shane about this the other day.

If our leadership has lost its taste for the Fest, Haspin is bent on acting stupid, attendees with zero respect for the process or the hierarchy, Fakebook is helping destroy the event, and quit a few of us don't like the direction things are going at Haspin then we should have our own thing I guess. I've always wanted to ride with Mik at Mikfest too. Might be time for me to try some smaller rides anyway. The only days I really enjoyed TF, were the days leading up to the official TF....Sunday through Thursday... After Thursday afternoon it starts getting crowded with more than just trike people and the overall crowd attitude gets more irritating.

It's been a great run and I'm crazy appreciative of all the work that Billy and Howdy and many MANY others put into this every year, but if they aren't feeling it anymore, alot of people are complaining, and nobody else is stepping up(including myself), then why bother?

Best festival I've ever attended. Sad that nobody has the appetite for it anymore, but I completely understand.

The concrete house thing is a dick move for sure. So you know it's trike people who reserved it?

I call it being burned out myself. I still Love TrikeFest but it takes a lot of time and effort. Time is something I have been in short supply of for a while now. I take my daughter there and some times I get overwhelmed with stuff and can't spend time with her. Heck we haven't had time to ride lately either. When I can't spend some time riding and other activities with Carlie and other family there I get depressed and burned out. Last year we got to ride quite a bit, we got to go fishing, we did some walking, and other stuff. I felt like a good dad at TF for the first time in years. There hasn't been a 2 week span since last year that she hasn't mentioned Trikefest. I haven't been able to teacher to ride by herself yet ( obligations here are unreal right now ). But hopefully that changes soon. She prefers to ride with me because I keep her safe ( her words ).

Yes I have shirts ordered, yes I hope to hell they are in before TF. Yes I will be selling the TF/ 3WW gear as I have in the past. What is going to change is that I will be a Good engaged Dad to my Boy(s) ( if they are there ) and Daughter first. Carlie is has told me she wants to help with shirts so that we can ride more ( that hit me hard in good and bad ways ). I will probably have to set up a Daily Timeframe to be at camp for gear. It worked last year pretty good and some times Carlie would go play at other families campsite and I could see her from mine ( that's probably not available this year do to the reservation ordeal ).
With me changing how I am doing some things has helped with the burned out part. I am trying think up ways to help others as well.

Note: I stand beside Billy 100%.

TF events takes a lot of effort and manpower. It seems more people gripe about something they didn't like / agree with than they did about anything positive that happened ( normal in life now a days ). To put the effort it takes to plan and put on an event then to only get ridiculed. I know when people ridiculed me on some things I simply tell them if you have all the answers and can do a better job then you step up and take charge. No one has taken me up on it yet.

Howdy

Billy Golightly
05-27-2021, 05:39 PM

Yep. Pictures of them at TF on their fb page, pictures of 3wheelers, known to have attended last year. Yep..yep yep...

big specht
05-27-2021, 10:15 PM
Haspin is like wellsville with a Entry fee and club house.

Trike_crazy
05-28-2021, 09:00 AM
I'd be willing to help with the MX/circle track races if someone wants to make sure they will prep the track the day before or early the morning the day of the races. I don't have have any experience with it but trial by fire is something I'm used to. I just have to know how many and what classes need to run if awards need to be ordered I'd also like someone that has done it before to help point me in the right directions when I have questions. I plan on being there on Thursday the 24th in the afternoon.

kiser
05-29-2021, 10:46 PM
I have always really appreciated all the time and work everybody put into making TF happen, hats off to everyone! I'm sure it would be easy to get burnt out by all of it! I'll be honest, I didn't like whoever the people were that took over the awards in 2019. I didn't and still don't have a clue who they were but the original guys that have always done it, didn't need their help! When I heard that Billy's camp spot was "reserved", that was the day I decided to not go. More than likely, I will never go again with all of this happening.

matt3x
06-03-2021, 12:52 PM
The crew from Buffalo will be back after missing last year. I believe we were deep frying chicken wings next to peepers at our camp in 2019. Can't wait to be back.

keister
06-03-2021, 01:05 PM
The crew from Buffalo will be back after missing last year. I believe we were deep frying chicken wings next to peepers at our camp in 2019. Can't wait to be back.

NICE!!!!!!! I am shooting for the exact same spot this year.

86T3
06-08-2021, 10:57 AM
Matt3x, as a fellow Buffalonain I find it hard to believe that we haven't met yet at TF. I'll chalk it up to my poor memory after too many late nights and early mornings. I'm going to make a point to stop over and chat this year

atctim
06-08-2021, 11:44 AM
Did somebody say chicken wings?????????

mollie8000
06-10-2021, 09:52 PM
Hey howdy me and the ms mollie 8000 r willing to help with what ever were dying to see Carly and others just let us no seems no one else is willing to step up we missed last year due to u no the pandemic or whatever can help wherever b there Monday

matt3x
06-13-2021, 07:49 AM
NICE!!!!!!! I am shooting for the exact same spot this year.
If there is room next to you, we’ll try to do the same. We won’t be rolling in until early Friday morning unfortunately.

86T3 - always cool to meet other locals, we will have a white Silverado and black f150. Keep an eye out for us!

keister
06-16-2021, 12:42 PM
Matt3x, as a fellow Buffalonain I find it hard to believe that we haven't met yet at TF. I'll chalk it up to my poor memory after too many late nights and early mornings. I'm going to make a point to stop over and chat this year

Probably because you leave Haspin right about the time TrikeFest begins.

turbosnake
06-16-2021, 01:49 PM
I've only been the past 3 years and this year my crew bailed. Hoping to be there Thursday through Saturday night and I'd be glad to help out with the event in any way I can.
This year should be great by all accounts, 20yrs, post covid, etc.
Someone let me know.

Tri-Z 250
06-22-2021, 08:25 PM
Just received email from Haspin : NO Reservations necessary ALL Welcome to attend TrikeFest 2021 gates open!

mollie8000
06-27-2021, 03:50 PM
Just got home from the fest highly dissatisfied lots of great people but some rude grouchy people not with 3ww group got treated like 3rd graders from haspin pooped on from others very dusty without watering roads 13th and possibly last trip to haspin from now on it’s trikefest in my backyard

kiser
06-27-2021, 09:06 PM
I wish I could have seen a lot of the original crowd but it sounds like I didn't miss anything past that. One more thing being ruined by fakebook, keep up the good work to everyone that feeds that machine.

schlepp29
06-28-2021, 08:21 AM
Yeah having a little water on the track would have been nice. The one guy running the parking lot was a grump other than that I had a really good time

captainweezy
06-28-2021, 04:34 PM
Wow at this time there is not any pics posted of Honda Hoarders fest. I sure missed the regular crowd but I am with Steve. I don't think it is for me anymore.

kiser
06-28-2021, 06:28 PM
I'm sure it was all over fakebook as soon as it all happened. It's a shame we haven't got enough pictures on here to start a new picture/video thread since 2018.

ironchop
06-28-2021, 06:50 PM
Wow at this time there is not any pics posted of Honda Hoarders fest.......

Shots Fired!

Shots Fired!

LMAO

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

ironchop
06-28-2021, 06:52 PM
I'm sure it was all over fakebook as soon as it all happened. It's a shame we haven't got enough pictures on here to start a new picture/video thread since 2018.Maybe Flakebook will kick them all off there again for having a constructive political opinion and then this forum might thrive again!

We can only hope HAHA [emoji1787]

Viva La 2008!

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

mollie8000
06-29-2021, 10:48 AM
Check on lawnmower world seems they were more welcome than 3ww people they should change the name to grouchy acres

schlepp29
06-29-2021, 11:44 AM
Haaaaaaa!!! I know those guys are absolutely rude.

Billy Golightly
06-29-2021, 03:39 PM
For what it's worth as an update to my post earlier - the folks that did have "the house" reserved did wind up offering it back up to everyone a week or so before TF. Jonathan, the Shivelys and others were able to camp there as usual. Unfortunately I already had obligations by that point I couldn't change, but they did wind up letting the original crew stay there.

86T3
06-30-2021, 01:49 PM
I took one photo the whole weekend, I'll include it here. That dust was farkin miserable. I'd take the mud over it anytime.

I didn't experience any of the grumpy workers first hand, the only person I dealt with at Haspin (twice) was the short haired high school girl who signed me in. She was about the most friendly youth I can ever remember talking to. She was a friggin gem. But, pretty much everyone else seemed to have dealt with all the other crab asses. My buddies were packing up Saturday morning and their sons went up to the cafeteria to grab breakfast sandwiches. The 2 - 13 year old boys got screamed at by an adult, they were told the were trespassing and to get the hell out of the park. They couldnt even get food. It was 10:30, their wrist bands expired at 10.

Going into this year I already had said this would be my last TF, Haspin cemented my decision. I'll never give that dump another penny. I love TF, love most of the people there, have had great times and met lifelong friends, but this is the end of the road for me and Haspin.

big specht
06-30-2021, 08:50 PM
I had fun too but like what most of you said that was there. They didn’t really do anything to help us from what I seen. I didn’t see the garbage men or a water guy the whole weekend. I had fun but if TF gets moved to another venue that like the extra money it wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Hell Howdy said there was 400+ people signed in on the 3ww book at $60 a head that’s 24,000 they brought in on just 3 wheeler people. Like most places they are after the almighty dollar and know we’ve been coming back no matter what they do or don’t do.

TSpencer
06-30-2021, 09:50 PM
It was my first time there and had a great time. The dust was a bit rough but I'd prefer that over rain. I took mostly videos but here are a few pic26784326784426784526784626784726784826784926785 0267851267852s and some screen shots of videos. Me and some new friends I made, and their nice 350x's, me almost killing myself trying to make the triple on the tabletop on the mx track and some random stuff. I don't do facebook so this is my only option. Great people, didn't have any issues with Haspin employees and planning on going again next year!

ditchmud
07-01-2021, 02:36 AM
Trikefest isn’t what it once was and I find myself liking it less each year. I don’t think that I will be attending next year. I’m going to try and make it to more of the smaller events to see old acquaintances. Bigger is not always better and the park has yet to make any improvements. I did see the owner smile while he was counting his large stack of cash. It was bigger than a brick and loaded with large bills.

big specht
07-01-2021, 06:39 AM
The one thing they did that needed done for years was blade the camp grounds roads and even put grinding down that help with some of the dust.

kawzilla
07-05-2021, 12:00 AM
! went and had a great time.
Shout out- the guy selling t shirts and hoodies sold out fast.
He said at awards evening he sold out in record time but will post for those who still want a shirt or hoodie.
My question-Does anyone have a number or a link to contact him?
I really want a shirt or hoodie,they represent.
Much appreciate any help-

Divided we fail,together we trail

kawzilla
07-05-2021, 01:08 AM
Can anyone confirm if Haspin acres changed owners? this is what I heard.
Again,I am new but I had a great time.
Enjoyed going to the bar,parade,drag races,riding.Helped out towing a couple guys with Kawzilla (KLT200C1) and when I thought I had a problem many came to help me out.
I screwed up and did not turn her off and leave it in gear. She rolled down a hill,flipped 3 times into a forest and got hung against a tree.Took 3 of us to get her out. I got lucky with no major damage.
The mud bog was fun Friday night.
Thanks to the guy who came with a gas powered Magarita mixer and red solo cups on awards evening,free cold drinks,Thanks!
I took pics and plan to post when I figure it out,or P.M. me if you can post.
I got yelled at by a 10 year old when I was going the the wrong way on the MX track.I Yelled back at him THANKS,Sorry,I am New,He smiled.
There were many new at trikefest as hands were raised at awards night.
This is great to keep what we love going strong.
Toss in fireworks,guys and girls riding at 3 a.m..
My only downside is I think they are understaffed,possible due to new management.This creates stress on those who have to keep the park going.
I worked with them,and they worked with me-

ditchmud
07-05-2021, 01:03 PM
Howdy is the man with the shirts and other gear.

Howdy
07-18-2021, 02:13 PM
! went and had a great time.
Shout out- the guy selling t shirts and hoodies sold out fast.
He said at awards evening he sold out in record time but will post for those who still want a shirt or hoodie.
My question-Does anyone have a number or a link to contact him?
I really want a shirt or hoodie,they represent.
Much appreciate any help-

Get with me ASAP and I can get the shirts / hoodies added to the order.
Howdy

kawzilla
07-20-2021, 09:55 PM
Howdy,sent you a P.M..
Thanks for your work !!!